Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 16-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Golden28

Smile Im somewhat new lol.

Ive been to this forum in the past reading etc, but until recently i didnt sign up. kinda wish i did sooner now you have a fantastic community here.
So just dropping inside here to say hello an all :) My names michael, i come from the UK, previously i was living in london, in south chingford.

But have now moved out into Finchingfield which is based in braintree/essex.
Its a completely different lifestyle here and everyone arround here is very friendly and helpful, im not used to it lol. Ive been into archeology/metal detecting/the paranormal since i was very young, now with all this land surrounding me i can atlast live my dream, namely digging arround and preserving the history of this beautiful area. Its very nice to meet you all :)
Old 16-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Jules

Hi Michael :)

Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us :)
Everything happens just as it should, at the right time so - time's right now .

enjoy your stay, jump in on any of the threads and any probs contact a member of staff and we'll be happy to help.

See you around the boards
Jue x
Old 16-11-2011, 08:39 PM
mattie

Hi

Enjoy exploring.

Old 16-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Master
Hi Golden28, a big welcome to the forum from me.

That's an interesting intro, I've always liked the idea of metal detecting although never really moved on it. Always put one on My Xmas list as a child but Santa never brought one. Checked a few out online recently, and quite liked the look of one called 'quicksilver'.
Old 16-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Golden28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72
Hi Golden28, a big welcome to the forum from me.

That's an interesting intro, I've always liked the idea of metal detecting although never really moved on it. Always put one on My Xmas list as a child but Santa never brought one. Checked a few out online recently, and quite liked the look of one called 'quicksilver'.

Well i have a metal detector here that is now considered a collector's item its 20+ years old, i originaly bought it in tandys, which is a very old store that isnt arround anymore. Its served me very well, but the technology in it is flawed in todays world, it picked up every kind of object but i couldnt isolate/eliminate objects like the one i bought yesterday, this one is a Garret Ace 250, and like the name says funny enough it cost me 250 quid.

There is a 150 model also but has alot less features, and that costs 150 quid, weird how the model meets with the price lol.

The reason i got this model was because it came with mass features plus a free Garret pin-pointer I'll drop you the link so you can see for yourself.

But i must say it is so worth what i paid for it, its got various modes related to metal type, and you can also use the custom mode to create your own presets, for example, if i put it into custom mode now there is 9 bars on an lcd screen that indicate what its searching for.

If i put a nail underneath the coil the detector will beep and indicate the type of metal, if i press the button marked "eliminate" after doing so, the detector will no longer register that material. So if hunting for a specific, i wont run into a rusty old nail or worse, soon as i got mine i programmed its "Coin mode" to look for our currency, it wont beep on anything but coins on this mode.

Also different tones for different types of coin, so i dont need to keep looking at the lcd indicators, Ive programmed another for gold and silver only.. it works a treat amazing piece of technology, going to have alot of fun with it tommorow xD

Btw here's a link to it, Its definetly worth looking into

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garrett-Ac...item35b4afe36a

Edit: Before i start looking like a sales advisor lol, just wanted to say its also got a Depth indicator on it for coins and other objects mass sensetivity mode/sensetivity options and a Descriminator that doesnt mess arround. :P
Old 16-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Well i have a metal detector here that is now considered a collector's item its 20+ years old, i originaly bought it in tandys, which is a very old store that isnt arround anymore. Its served me very well, but the technology in it is flawed in todays world, it picked up every kind of object but i couldnt isolate/eliminate objects like the one i bought yesterday, this one is a Garret Ace 250, and like the name says funny enough it cost me 250 quid.

There is a 150 model also but has alot less features, and that costs 150 quid, weird how the model meets with the price lol.

Hehe yep there's definitely a pattern there on the pricing. And I reckon I could've had a collectors item here myself, ........ if I didn't spend so much time on Santa's naughty list !! Only joking.

The reason i got this model was because it came with mass features plus a free Garret pin-pointer I'll drop you the link so you can see for yourself.

But i must say it is so worth what i paid for it, its got various modes related to metal type, and you can also use the custom mode to create your own presets, for example, if i put it into custom mode now there is 9 bars on an lcd screen that indicate what its searching for.

Yeah the tech's gotta be useful. I saw that the quicksilver one I mentioned before had similar features, (which I thought must save quite a lot of unnecessary digging). Actually that one actually seemed to be about the cheapest model coming with the metal type distinguishing capability. Think it was about £175.

If i put a nail underneath the coil the detector will beep and indicate the type of metal, if i press the button marked "eliminate" after doing so, the detector will no longer register that material. So if hunting for a specific, i wont run into a rusty old nail or worse, soon as i got mine i programmed its "Coin mode" to look for our currency, it wont beep on anything but coins on this mode.

Oh I didn't know they did that. The eliminate thing sounds quite handy, although potential to miss some interesting iron finds I would have thought ? .... from an archaeological standpoint. Coin thing could be good for the beach. Can you set it for more than one type at a time. Wouldn't wanna miss any rings !!

Also different tones for different types of coin, so i dont need to keep looking at the lcd indicators, Ive programmed another for gold and silver only.. it works a treat amazing piece of technology, going to have alot of fun with it tommorow xD

Sounds like much fun. Hey I got a suggestion for ya. I have a passing interest in the Knights Templar, and happen to know there are a few former manors and farmsteads dotted about the county of Essex. I was always gonna start in the woods round and about there, lol. If you know any of the history you might see where I'm coming from.

Btw here's a link to it, Its definetly worth looking into

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garrett-Ac...item35b4afe36a

Edit: Before i start looking like a sales advisor lol, just wanted to say its also got a Depth indicator on it for coins and other objects mass sensetivity mode/sensetivity options and a Descriminator that doesnt mess arround. :P

Checked it out. Nice piece of kit for sure, and that depth indicator sure sounds handy. Might give Santa one last chance.