Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 27-03-2011, 03:29 AM
Angels3

How do you take in the information given??

So today I bought my first deck (yay!) and I did a couple "practice" spreads before diving into some more serious ones. I did a past life and karmic spread which gave some unpleasent findings. Its almost like everything it said I knew deep deep down but didn't want to really admit it, so now it feels like a slap in the face. How should I process this information?? Should I pull more cards to understand what I should do with the information? How do you take in the information????
Old 28-03-2011, 07:53 PM
green

yay! for your first deck.

it is interesting question, how to take in information...
must admit i never thought about that, i guess i take most of the things as a chance to grow and expend and learn some more about myself and life.
i would ask myself what do i want to do with the info i got?
would i like to do something about it? or just know it?
sometimes i write it down and see what comes and how comes or if things become clearer later on?
listen to your heart listen to what it tells you to do and do whatever feels right and good for you.

i'm not sure if it is right of me to say that or not, but i will say it anyway, why don't you start with the present? leave past life to the past and use your cards to understand your present and what to do in the present to become the person you like to become???

G
Old 29-03-2011, 05:31 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

I would like to offer food for thought--perhaps a personal perspective that is not so widely accepted--nor politically correct.

Life is filled w/ challenges and opportunities--sometimes we rise to the occasion and are triumphant and sometimes we fail.

However--I believe that in every instance (if we are open to the experience--put one foot in front of the other and work our way throught it) we learn and evolve. I (also) believe that we (as imperfect humans) tend to learn more from adversity than we do from things that come too easily.

Examining our past can help us to learn how we came to this point and learning from our past mistakes can help us to break the cycle and begin anew. If we shy away from the Shadow-side of life--we could very well end-up living in the shadow of denial (thereby) missing our opportunity to choose a path that might very well lead us to the Light and our intended purpose.

Grab that Bull by the horns and remember that (for better--or worse) we are all comprised of Shadow and Light and both positive and negative experiences have helped to shape the people we are now and could possibly inspire who we become and how we choose to impact the future.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 29-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Angels3

Quote:
Originally Posted by green
yay! for your first deck.

it is interesting question, how to take in information...
must admit i never thought about that, i guess i take most of the things as a chance to grow and expend and learn some more about myself and life.
i would ask myself what do i want to do with the info i got?
would i like to do something about it? or just know it?
sometimes i write it down and see what comes and how comes or if things become clearer later on?
listen to your heart listen to what it tells you to do and do whatever feels right and good for you.

i'm not sure if it is right of me to say that or not, but i will say it anyway, why don't you start with the present? leave past life to the past and use your cards to understand your present and what to do in the present to become the person you like to become???

G

I like that idea! I've been doing some daily spreads as well as others to find out what some things I need to work on, and I really feel like i'm starting to understand myself. Thanks for the advice!!
Old 29-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Angels3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
I would like to offer food for thought--perhaps a personal perspective that is not so widely accepted--nor politically correct.

Life is filled w/ challenges and opportunities--sometimes we rise to the occasion and are triumphant and sometimes we fail.

However--I believe that in every instance (if we are open to the experience--put one foot in front of the other and work our way throught it) we learn and evolve. I (also) believe that we (as imperfect humans) tend to learn more from adversity than we do from things that come too easily.

Examining our past can help us to learn how we came to this point and learning from our past mistakes can help us to break the cycle and begin anew. If we shy away from the Shadow-side of life--we could very well end-up living in the shadow of denial (thereby) missing our opportunity to choose a path that might very well lead us to the Light and our intended purpose.

Grab that Bull by the horns and remember that (for better--or worse) we are all comprised of Shadow and Light and both positive and negative experiences have helped to shape the people we are now and could possibly inspire who we become and how we choose to impact the future.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

I totally agree with this! I am starting to understand not to shy away from the dark, because in order to grow, I need to understand everything. Thanks!!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
LadyTerra

You're welcome!