Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 02-03-2011, 02:34 AM
Administrator
Hello

As its all "flashed to me " I do not use a physical deck or nor have I ever looked into what spreads are out there what I get most times is well defined but what its called in TITLE is a mystery

Its usually 5 Cards

Card 1 is in the midde it means the theme for the reading
Card 2 is to the left of card 1 it means past influences still effecting
Card 3 is to the right of card 1 it means the future
Card 4 is on is under card 1 it means the reason for the question (s) asked
Card 5 is on top of card 1 it means the potential within the situation

NOW if there is a name for it ? I am told its a corret spread by the Reader I use for me

The other one I get at times is The Mandala Spread ? Its 9 cards Its for one's Spiritual Path I understand.

I like best the three Past Present and Future then I can ask for more clarity on the first cards there. Too odd I never get more than THREE cards come for the first seen.

Lynn

Old 02-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Master
I only use the three-card spread but not as past-present-future. I look to the cards to give a continuous narrative. There is a chain of thought which says that tarot cards are portals, so [in my mind] opening too many portals at once can be confusing. I suppose the deck itself has an influence on which spread you prefer. I use the Sacred Circle which has rich imagery and a mythological slant based on Celtic legend and it is so easy to fall into the cards.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:16 PM
green

hi Lynn

i don't know what is the name of your spread, i know i saw spreads that mean more or less the same and in more or less position, but i can't name a title, i usually don't use such spreads.. i don't know if a title is important as long as it works for you and you understand what message the cards are bringing you.

and i agree norsman, cards can act as portals...

i think there are readers who prefer many cards on the tables and those who prefer only few cards.
i think there are readers who prefer a solid spread - meaning each card-position has a specific meaning and function while others prefer more free or open spreads with no really specific meaning to the cards position.

for myself the more i think about it, i think i use the cards as triggers for channeling. and too many cards on the table create something i can only title as "noise" and blocking me from getting a clear message..
but i find it very interesting to hear about others way of reading and spreading the cards.

G
Old 02-03-2011, 04:13 PM
arive nan

When there's about 5 to 7 cards, it is easier to interpret the spread. And takes less time. So I'll often use spreads of that size. But when I have the time and the concentration I'll try a spread with 1 to 4 cards or 8 or more for the challenge. When there's fewer cards it is a challenge to find everything without getting more details from more cards. When there are a lot more cards, I think each of them have something important to say but it can be tricky to put it all together.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Uhmar

My problem with a celtic cross is I have fourspread layout diagrams in front of me and all four give different meanings and positions for things.

I can not find any consitency with them except the last cards..the outcome. Yet they all say celtic cross.

some do the past present future in the middle some not. some use significator as card one some not
some have hopes and fears as one..others fears is seperate.

some have a one card down with a mirror card over it then cross it with card 2...well heck that is 3 cards...screws my head up right there

that is why i stay away from it .
I actually probably do a 5 card... ppf with obstacle and assistance the most
Old 02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
green

hi uhmar

i know what you mean, there are few versions for the celtic cross.
i don't know if there is a right version or not, i guess one has to find out which is the best version for oneself.

i now shift between 2 versions... one i feel more spiritual and one is more to help solving problems..

G
Old 02-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Uhmar

maybe we could start a celtic cross spread thread and place all the different ones there to see if I or others can find one that better rings our bells.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:31 PM
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmar
maybe we could start a celtic cross spread thread and place all the different ones there to see if I or others can find one that better rings our bells.

i'm for it.. you just read my mind.

G
Old 03-03-2011, 08:34 PM
LadyTerra

Hi Everyone:

I have been using the Celtic Cross for 30 years and the only instructions for this Spread and the significance of the Houses I have ever followed come from the Ryder/Waite and are as follows;

Significator Card (Center of Reading): this is what covers the question.

Second Card (placed sideways and beneath the Significator--top to the Right, Divinitory; top the the Left, Inverted): this is what crosses the path of the question.

Third Card (Above the Significator): this is what crowns the question--the over-riding influence.

Fourth Card (Beneath the Crossing Card): this is the foundation of the situation and can sometimes be seen as the part of the question that has already been conquered.

Fifth Card (To the left of the Significator): this is what is passing out of the picture and is beyond our control--concerning the question.

Sixth Card (To the right of the Significator): this is what approaches the situation--if events remain unchanged.

Seventh Card (To the right of the central Cross Configuration): this is the mindset concerning the situation.

Eighth Card (Above the Mindset): this is the environment surrounding the situation.

Nineth Card (Above the Environment): this is the House of Hopes and Fears--concerning the question and how we can effect the outcome.

Tenth Card (Above the House of Hopes and Fears): this will be the outcome--should the current events remain unchanged.

There are more books on Tarot than there are Decks by which to use them--our job is to find what works for us and perfect our skills in order to better help ourselves and others.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 05-03-2011, 02:38 PM
BlueOwl

I use to celtic cross mainly. Occasionally i will use a 14 card relationship spread which i made up myself.