Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 25-02-2011, 03:37 AM
Deviahn_Dow

Picking your deck

I have no experience with Tarot cards but I would love to become learned in how to read them. However, from what I have been told, there should be an automatic connection to your deck. You should be drawn to them the moment you see them. I haven't been able to find any of these at any of the stores I go to. Also, where could I find books that will tell me how to do this?

What are your experiences with tarot?
Old 25-02-2011, 04:00 AM
arive nan

Can you shop online? You can still feel drawn to a deck that way and there's a much wider variety to choose from. For me it usually just means feeling impressed by the artwork. I own several different decks and it seems like it will work fine as long as I enjoy the artwork on the cards.

You can learn about many different decks here: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/

They also have some articles for beginners to start learning tarot.
Old 25-02-2011, 04:08 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
Can you shop online? You can still feel drawn to a deck that way and there's a much wider variety to choose from. For me it usually just means feeling impressed by the artwork. I own several different decks and it seems like it will work fine as long as I enjoy the artwork on the cards.

You can learn about many different decks here: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/

They also have some articles for beginners to start learning tarot.

Yep I agree, there are many more choices on line. Everyone is different when it comes to picking a deck. Artwork is one way, spiritual preferences can be another.
I have been lead to animal and Celtic decks because it suits my personal spirituality. You'll find one and when you do let us know what it is .

nightowl
Old 25-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviahn_Dow
I have no experience with Tarot cards but I would love to become learned in how to read them. However, from what I have been told, there should be an automatic connection to your deck. You should be drawn to them the moment you see them. I haven't been able to find any of these at any of the stores I go to. Also, where could I find books that will tell me how to do this?

What are your experiences with tarot?

Deviahn, like most people I started with a Rider-Waite deck and, to be honest, they did nothing for me. I read them from the book, no spark at all. Then my daughter bought me the Sacred Circle Tarot for my birthday and that was it !
The tarot is based on Celtic Mythology and the artwork is superb using real locations in the UK as the backgrounds and real people in the appropriate cards. Every single card talks to me. The cards came with a 300-page A5 book which not only showed meanings but also descriptions of the locations and the relevent mythology to go with the card. Rider-Waite lies neglected in a drawer now.
Example, one of my favourite cards
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/3a49f10d.jpg

My tarot "pin-up girl" Background is Glastonbury Tor
Old 25-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Yep I agree, there are many more choices on line. Everyone is different when it comes to picking a deck. Artwork is one way, spiritual preferences can be another.
I have been lead to animal and Celtic decks because it suits my personal spirituality. You'll find one and when you do let us know what it is .

nightowl

I thought of you this morning as last week i bought some animal medicine cards (the only other decks i have are tarots in storage and angel cards where i am now, but felt drawn to the animal ones)... anyway, point is.. i drew the owl card this morning so you crossed my mind.. and interesting that an owl flew over my car not long ago... it seems to be with me lately...

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 25-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Moonkestrel

Go with your gut feeling....if you have to think about whether a certain deck is right for you then it probably isn't. Good luck on your search, let us know what you get! Xxxx
Old 25-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Deviahn_Dow

I am really attracted to the deviant moon deck right now but the ones that I really like are sold out! Like the Legacy of the Divine Tarot.
Old 25-02-2011, 07:13 PM
arive nan

Legacy of the Divine is in stock at Amazon. Chances are, almost any deck will be available on some site. http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Divine-.../dp/0738715654
Old 26-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Deviahn_Dow

Is it a bad idea to buy used cards? I'm a high school athlete = no time for a job! I can scrounge up more if it isn't a good idea to buy them used but cheaper is better in some cases!
Old 26-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Moonkestrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviahn_Dow
Is it a bad idea to buy used cards? I'm a high school athlete = no time for a job! I can scrounge up more if it isn't a good idea to buy them used but cheaper is better in some cases!

Used cards are fine as long as you cleanse and dedicate the pack when you get them! That will ensure the pack is clean and ready for you. Xxxxx