Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 04-03-2011, 03:47 PM
green

Question in search for a spread...

hi
i need some help. i'm not even sure how to explain it so bear with me please.

i'm looking for a spread that reveal how each suit function and affects in someone's life.
something like a chakra test.. but suits test.. which suit is the dominated one and with which suit the person need to develop more...and things like that. i'm not sure even how to call it...

is this rings a ball to anyone?
any help?

thank you
Green
Old 04-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Uhmar

here is a chakra spread but i dont think it is what you are lookingfor... i will look through a few books i have and see if anything jumps out at me.
----------------------------
each chakra was defined by a "right"--a card could be drawn for each of these, how the querent feels about (his/her):
Chakra

1. root the right to survive, to be
2. sacral the right to create, to be sexual
3. solar plexus the right to have power, to express power
4. heart the right to love, to receive love
5.throat the right to speak, communicate one's truth
6.third eye the right to see, to know beyond the usual
7. crown the right to connect with a higher spirituality or God/dess

A chakra may be "closed" or blocked by a person denying or having been told s/he does not have one of these rights. For example, a person's ability to love may be blocked because s/he never felt enabled in love as a child.

Last edited by Uhmar : 04-03-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:01 PM
arive nan

I don't know of a particular spread for this. But I've heard of some ways to determine which element a reading will focus on.

After shuffling, you cut the deck into 4 piles. From left to right the piles represent Wands (fire), Cups (water), Swords (air), and Disks (earth).

From there you can turn over the first card on each pile to see which one has a strong combination with the element represented by its pile. This part is what was tricky for me. If it is a small card it is easy to know what element the card is. But for the trump cards you may need to look it up.

The elemental dignities and elements of the trumps are explained here http://supertarot.co.uk/lessons/elem...nity-rules.htm and here http://supertarot.co.uk/lessons/card-meanings.htm

If the element of the first card and the element of that pile have a strong relationship, that is where the spread is focused or where the cards are trying to draw your attention. You could also consider that the dominant suit and the weaker relationships are where the person needs work.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:20 PM
green

thank you both.. very interesting..
nan i will take a look in this site - thank you.
i came up with this question because i found some old stuff i wrote once about tarot cards- minor arcana. i think it is now over 20 years. i'm sure that at the time i knew what i meant but i must admit that after such a long time i don't remember and have no clue. what i wrote, in shirt was something about the need to balance the elements of the suits for the person who is receiving the reading, or better say to oneself, as it was about the mystical path a person takes with the cards and not as a reading given to someone else. and when the person can balance the relationship of the suits or elements in his life, he will find harmony.
and well it makes sense but i found myself asking how do i find out which element and how and what to do with it...

G
Old 04-03-2011, 07:27 PM
green

ps. Uhmar.. i'm not sure i understand how to read the cards in the chakra spread...
let say i got for number 1.. right to survive = 9 swords.
so it will be i live in fear? can't tell imagination from reality?

??

G
Old 04-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Uhmar

the 1st chakra is red and called the root chakra. it is the chakra that governs the home and family..the survival or flee flee syndromes etc.

so the 1 card to me would read burdeons, paranoia, insomnia, becoming a victim mentality, nagging chronic anxiety etc This would be the foundation or the place the person is in their life at he time of the reading , or the root cause of the problems etc and yes cant tell imagination from reality would fit that emotional aspect of the personna s well in this position.
------
I have never actually used it but can see the practicality of it if one understood chakras.
as you know there are seven main body chakras..each a color...each governs a part of our personality and actions and health related issues. which to me would coincide with all seven aspects of the spread as you ascend upward.

at least that is my take on it.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:36 PM
green

thanks. i see what you mean, and yes i have some knowledge of the chakras.

G
Old 13-03-2011, 04:24 PM
green

well the closest spread i found for what i'm looking for is this one:

not sure what it calls:

you use the 4 aces and only the 22 cards of the major arcana.

first you take out the 4 aces, mix them well, and then place them

then you take the 22 major, mix them well, and pick up 8 cards. mind your order, which is nu 1 and which is nu 8.

past present future
1............ace..................2
3.............ace.................4
5.............ace.................6
7.............ace.................8

this reveals which is on top of your priority row number 1 and which is less on your mind.
the major cards give insights into the past and future regarding this priority...so if ace of cups is number one, surely emotions are on your mind at the moment...and so on.

this is an interesting one.. mainly i feel for personal use,
this is one step, but i'm still looking for a spread that will give me a clue as to which suit is the most active and which is less and which need more attention and working on as to create balance and harmony...

for now i try to work on something of my own.. but ...
any help and insights are wellcome/

G
Old 13-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Uhmar

Wow Green

complex and interesting..
am curious as to where you end up with this

I will stay tuned
Old 13-03-2011, 06:15 PM
green

just to clear things, the spread up is not mine, it is something i found in a book... still working on my spread though.

G