Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJohal
I enjoy your posts a lot, thanks. I'm scared when people say God is a person, I love when they say he is supreme energy and we are components, though tiny compared to God, components/part of God nonetheless.

It sounds like you need to learn to be more comfortable finding your own way to truth, and even to being at ease with uncertainty about the truth. Even if you aren't sure for yourself who/what/if God is, try not to be affected so deeply by each person who tells you their own ideas. It is just their idea. You will find your way.

Even the Bible does not portray God as an individual humanoid being with hands or feet, although he may appear in such a form if he chooses. Even those who believe quite literally in the Bible (I've spent many years in such churches) do not believe God is an "person" in that sense.

I'm not familiar with any faith or concept of God that suggests God is inclined to hate anybody. All belief systems teach that we should be honest and kind and seek such truth as we can find.
Old 20-07-2013, 01:18 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
The so called after life isn't for me, because I cannot die, I was never born, the mind body that has arisen from the Source isn't who I truly am, I am the Source, not the mind body organism.

Robert, my deceased husband's name is Robert (Bob-O) ... *smile*
He didn't believe in the afterlife just some kind of mumbo jumbo I never understood or didn't sit still long enough to listen to after 28 years ...
Anyway, somewhere in his transition to the afterlife, YES, the afterlife ...
He came to me at his time of death to let me know he wrong about there being an afterlife ...
The time of death coincides w/the time recorded on his death certificate ...
I wasn't w/him when he was killed nor was I informed till the following morning ...
Also, it has nothing to do w/being a superior female (*wink) w/strong beliefs in the afterlife compared to his past neanderthal-male ways of thinking ...

PO - please excuse the banter ...
God is not a human being; s/he is a spiritual belief ...
Hope that helps in clearing the way to go after your own truth & enlightenment ...
Old 20-07-2013, 02:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
Robert, my deceased husband's name is Robert (Bob-O) ... *smile*
He didn't believe in the afterlife just some kind of mumbo jumbo I never understood or didn't sit still long enough to listen to after 28 years ...
Anyway, somewhere in his transition to the afterlife, YES, the afterlife ...
He came to me at his time of death to let me know he wrong about there being an afterlife ...
The time of death coincides w/the time recorded on his death certificate ...
I wasn't w/him when he was killed nor was I informed till the following morning ...
Also, it has nothing to do w/being a superior female (*wink) w/strong beliefs in the afterlife compared to his past neanderthal-male ways of thinking ...

PO - please excuse the banter ...
God is not a human being; s/he is a spiritual belief ...
Hope that helps in clearing the way to go after your own truth & enlightenment ...
As long as you are comfort by that beliefs, that's ok for you, but I'm sorry its not my cup of tea, it has nothing to do with being males or female, in reality there is no such thing.
Old 20-07-2013, 03:24 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
As long as you are comfort by that beliefs, that's ok for you, but I'm sorry its not my cup of tea, it has nothing to do with being males or female, in reality there is no such thing.

Ah, lost the magic of humor ...
I laughed at myself thinking in terms of the battle of the sexes ...
PO - If you want or need a visual aide to connect with choose whatever you feel comfortable with ...
Fe/male, androgynous/hermaphordite human or animal or inanimate object ...
It is only importart that you begin spiritual work ...
As you grow spiritually, your beliefs will mature ...
Old 20-07-2013, 03:27 AM
Master
battle of the sexes, isn't it so silly.
Old 20-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celera
It sounds like you need to learn to be more comfortable finding your own way to truth, and even to being at ease with uncertainty about the truth. Even if you aren't sure for yourself who/what/if God is, try not to be affected so deeply by each person who tells you their own ideas. It is just their idea. You will find your way.

Even the Bible does not portray God as an individual humanoid being with hands or feet, although he may appear in such a form if he chooses. Even those who believe quite literally in the Bible (I've spent many years in such churches) do not believe God is an "person" in that sense.

I'm not familiar with any faith or concept of God that suggests God is inclined to hate anybody. All belief systems teach that we should be honest and kind and seek such truth as we can find.

Wow, On this forum I'm not only seeing very nice people, I'm seeing an intelligence of such high magnitude too.

May I ask are you still a Church going Christian ?
Old 20-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Knower
I haven't been regularly involved in a church for a while now. I was raised in evangelical and charismatic churches until I was about 30, then I was a Methodist for a while. Lately I am focused more on my own reading and meditation, but eventually I think it's important to be part of a spiritual community of some sort, whether it is explicitly Christian or not.

I've been through many times of uncertainty as things change in my life, and I'm not sure what to believe about one thing or another, or what I should do about some issue. What I finally realized is that if I just work on the things I AM sure about, that keeps me pretty busy. I believe there is a world of Spirit. I believe that love is what matters. I believe that we are meant to live with integrity and kindness and generosity and balance. When I master all of that, then I'll worry about the less obvious stuff. :)