Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Bhagavad Pita

The content of thought is symbolic, so yes that is different from the physical brain but also not real.
Old 20-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Master
To me Consciousness is awareness of Is-ness. Existence in whatever form - forms not important actually. Consciousness happens with or without a brain, with or without a body. Consciousness is not brain.

If we're defining it as something else..... hmmmmm......then maybe agreement on what the word means would assist the conversation to not become incomprehensible?
Old 21-06-2013, 03:02 AM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagavad ****
The content of thought is symbolic, so yes that is different from the physical brain but also not real.

The content of thought is symbolic?. Ummmmmm.... I am thinking that someone is talking nonsense---is that symbolic?
Old 22-06-2013, 09:59 PM
pgrundy

Quote:
Nonsense, there is nothing that is not physical.

Nothing is not physical.
Old 22-06-2013, 10:00 PM
pgrundy

Ok you said that, but I don't think you meant it the same way.
Old 29-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Pathfinder
No life nor death just existance to learn it's beauty is it's simplicity.
Old 29-07-2013, 11:37 AM
SMacGregor

It is extremely important to express your feelings and talk about events. This can be done with friends or with a counsellor. Look at the consequences of internalising or pushing down negative feelings. They go to memory which is in the subconscious mind.

All the best,
Sandy
Old 29-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Time

A circle has no beginning or end... unless the piece of paper its on is destroyed
Old 01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Nonsense, there is nothing that is not physical.

I think the problem here is a definition of what "physical" or "real" represents to each person. If all had the same definition in their mind, perhaps there wouldn't be so much arguing back and forth.

I don't see thoughts as physical for example. They may be a by-product of physical, but they themselves are not physical (as I see physical). Physical to me is - consisting of particles, of matter. But if "matter" is energy and if thoughts are energy also, then they are all the same (both are either physical or non-physical, depending on your perspective).

I think that when we say "real", we are trying to say: a thing that all people can detect. But then, some materials are not made for human senses to be detected. Does that mean it's not real then? It may seem not real to humans. So "real" is a matter of perspective, depending on which angle you're looking at something.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Just Some Guy

Its quite possible that death and birth are one and the same, they are both the end AND the beginning. The end of one journey is the beginning of another journey, hence there is no difference.