Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Greg

Bad karma and reincarnation

This is a controversial topic, but do any of you believe than if one is born..say with a mental or physical disability, it is due to past karma in previous lives? I've suffered with anxiety and depression all my life. Was I murderer or something in a previous life? Maybe I should go to one of those regression people!
Old 18-06-2012, 02:58 AM
Knower

Yea, its definitely because you were an evil sociopath in your previous life, YOU DESERVE THIS!
Old 18-06-2012, 05:33 AM
trappedinabody

Quote:
Originally Posted by deztini3
Yea, its definitely because you were an evil sociopath in your previous life, YOU DESERVE THIS!

lol! :p i hope that was sarcasm!

not everything you go threw is because of karma. in my beliefs it is just something you need to go threw in order to learn a certain lesson. just work on overcoming the feelings :)
Old 18-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
This is a controversial topic, but do any of you believe than if one is born..say with a mental or physical disability, it is due to past karma in previous lives? I've suffered with anxiety and depression all my life. Was I murderer or something in a previous life? Maybe I should go to one of those regression people!

Are disabilities down to past karma?
They can be, yes. But not in every case. People can become disabled through accidents, illness or injustice (violence - 'new' karma is being created all the time). So this is isn't a topic one is able or should put a definitive response to.

I wouldn't recognise depression as a karmic issue. Your present circumstances, where you are, the life you're leading and who you associate with are probably causing an emotional and spiritual imbalance which is manifesting itself as depression.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Master

We are all here for a reason, not just in the general spiritual sense, but in the individualised sense too, some lesson we have to learn, some mission we have to perform. Depression is very debilitating. It stops you being you. That certainly would serve no spiritual purpose.

Old 18-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Master
Karma is only a reality to you as long as you believe in it and also believe that you are just the mind body, find who you truly are, and Karma is no where to be found.
Old 18-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Administrator

I believe with both knightsof albion and psychoslice on this.in different ways.i think people are so focused on karma that whatever happens in life happens for different reason its not all karma.

Namaste
Old 18-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Karma is only a reality to you as long as you believe in it and also believe that you are just the mind body, find who you truly are, and Karma is no where to be found.

Not sure I grasp the point you're making. A fundamental law of physics is that every action must have an opposite and equal reaction. And its exactly the same with spiritual law.
Cause and Effect, karma, we reap what we sow, whatever you want to call it, an eternal spiritual and cosmic law accepted and acknowledged by all religions of the light for thousands and thousands of years. Our destiny is in our own hands.

I agree though that once the lesson is learned or the karmic 'debt' settled the karma falls away.

As I said, we are here with freewill. There is past karma, there is new karma, there is chance, there is imbalanced lifestyle. Nothing is black and white in these cases.

I think the hustle and bustle, stress and aggression of modern life, esp. in cities, is certainly not conducive to serenity of spirit. It doesn't surprise me that so many are depressed and suffering mental illness.

A very good point about finding yourself. That certainly gives one a sense of purpose and fulfillment.

Old 19-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Reikichris

It is short sighted to assume that a disability is a punishment due to karma, as we retune to this world we learn and evolve by expereincing many facets of being, sometimes they are not 'a perfect life with no worries', how else does one learn other than by experience?
Anxiety and depression can be healed, and that process is both a learning and evolutionary process - if you do not then the process of living with depression and anxiety will alone provide many opportunites to become more.

love
chris
Old 19-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg

In my current understanding( perhaps is different from others ) , Buddhism is beyond the distiction of " sound and defects" , of " good or bad" . In " knowledge" YES human made to understand what is " pretty or beutifull" and comparision to the opposite ...but Buddhism is BEYOND knowledge as there is NO such condition as sound or defects as all condition is of SAME and EQUAL .......as a great source to self realization. So in " knowledge" if I born without a leg , I will be regarded as a " handicap" compare to those with two legs ........in Buddhism in whatsover condition I was born , I am SAME and EQUAL to all livings regardless living or non-living ....I am same and equal with any human , any animals , any plant , any non-livings .....as a being in own learning process to understand greed , desire , emotions etc- the "pollutant" in " the self" .
Thks
CSEe