Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 06-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Master

The second prescription wasn't any better. It had crystalline cellulose which is made from anything from wood pulp to corn. There's no way of telling and manufacturer's don't have a clue themselves if you call them or go on their website. So the only way to find out is to try the pills.

On Tuesday I got a call from a doctor's office where I have an appointment in February of next year. They had a cancellation and wanted to know if I could come in Oct 19th. Heck yeah!

So I've gone off of all meds for the time being until I can get in to see this new doctor who is an Internist and knows about celiac.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Master

I was still taking one med for acid reflux but now I have to go off of that one as well. I've become to sensitive. I'm going to check online and see if there is a, maybe, natural one that doesn't have corn in it.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Master

I'm noticing there are beginning to be alternatives to ketchup. French's has a corn syrup free brand as well as Heinz and Hunts. I think the corn thing is becoming more common. Otherwise big food companies wouldn't even bother.

One thing I've missed is A1 Steak Sauce. The brand name has corn syrup in it so it's been off limits. But I recently found a brand called Doc Holliday Steak Sauce that tastes identical to A1 and it uses cane sugar instead. Best of all a portion of the profits from Doc Holliday Sauces are donated to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.

I distinctly remember when I first realized I had a corn intolerance back in the summer of 2014 there were no alternatives in condiments. Now there are mayonnaise, Miracle Whip type salad dressings, dressings for salads, steak sauces and ketchups that are corn syrup free. Like I said above, I think the corn is becoming a real issue with America's digestive system.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Master

For my acid reflux I am going to try Aloe Vera. I drank about a half a cup of food grade aloe vera. I may have to repeat a couple of times a day.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I'm noticing there are beginning to be alternatives to ketchup. French's has a corn syrup free brand as well as Heinz and Hunts. I think the corn thing is becoming more common. Otherwise big food companies wouldn't even bother.

One thing I've missed is A1 Steak Sauce. The brand name has corn syrup in it so it's been off limits. But I recently found a brand called Doc Holliday Steak Sauce that tastes identical to A1 and it uses cane sugar instead. Best of all a portion of the profits from Doc Holliday Sauces are donated to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.

I distinctly remember when I first realized I had a corn intolerance back in the summer of 2014 there were no alternatives in condiments. Now there are mayonnaise, Miracle Whip type salad dressings, dressings for salads, steak sauces and ketchups that are corn syrup free. Like I said above, I think the corn is becoming a real issue with America's digestive system.

Hi Linen.

I recently changed my diet to let go of all processed foods. Meaning I now use organic herbs and spices/onions and garlic as my own flavourings in food. I suppose you could say I have gone back to the basics and build flavour by knowing what I put in and create for myself.

My family still eats processed food in part. I cook the meals from scratch and if they want other stuff they go and buy it or add it themselves.

I found in the first two weeks of this diet, I felt lighter, clearer and more clean. I was surprised it only took that long to feel great. It was a good realization for me, that the body when it is fed clean, it can recover fast.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 10-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Master

Good for you. Processed foods are so bad for you. It took me a very long time to learn to pick up the product turn it around and learn to read the label of ingredients. If more people would recondition their thinking and do that big food companies would have to stop making such poor nutritional products.

I, like so many, didn't learn to do that willingly. I was forced because of my dietary restrictions, but I'm better off because of it. Even my French's ketchup has a minimum of ingredients. I figure the more ingredients the better chance I have of getting sick so I keep it simple.

It takes a lot of reconditioning to learn to cook from scratch. Heck, last year I even made my own tomato sauce! Most of what I buy is either organic or comes from a healthy foods store. Sprouts, Natural Grocers, Whole foods and our local little health foods shop are my go-to places.
Old 15-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Master

Well, I've been having gut problems for the past 3 months or so. I had a nagging hurt, not bad, for 3 months prior to that so I chose to ignore it. Now the gut pains are hard and stabbing and I can't stand for long periods of time. Pain pills have become my best friend on bad days.

At first, according to my doctor she said the pain was radiating from my spine which is severely compromised by old age (degenerative). I chose to accept that.

But now I'm starting to wonder.

I am noticing my sinuses are much better when I don't eat certain gluten free grain products. So far I think tapioca starch and buckwheat flour are safe. At least they don't cause the severe stabbing pains in my gut. But I'm now, wondering about oats and rice.

Out of necessity (pain) I am back on the learning curve.

------------------

An update. I am off of all medications because I cannot find any that do not contain cornstarch as a binder.

I take citrus based pectin for inflammation. But it has to be citrus based, it can't be the stuff you buy at the grocery store to make jams and jellies with. I also take the Aloe Vera I mentioned in post # 124. It works wonders for my acid reflux.

Nothing for my high blood pressure. I took my blood pressure yesterday and (at rest) it was 158/99. Oh well!

Overall, this thread has become outdated because my food intolerances are no longer about just corn (or gluten, as in my other thread, Linen's Gluten Free Neighborhood) but now other grains that my body will not tolerate. But I won't start another thread. This one will have to suffice as I continue my journey.
Old 17-11-2016, 09:09 PM
Master
Hi linen. I've stumbled onto a very interesting fellow on yt - he's lost 150 lbs. in a year or so on a keto diet (mainly protein and fat) coupled with intermittent fasting. He's got a lot of videos and talks a lot about insulin and the modern diet, he's basically fleshed out what I discovered for myself when I was getting my blood sugar down when I first was diagnosed with diabetes. When my blood sugar was high in the mornings, I wouldn't eat until it came down to a normal level and that's basically fasting.

Here's a link from "Butter Bob". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sAqy1lnWXo

Old 17-11-2016, 10:58 PM
Master

All very interesting Silver. Thanks for letting me know. He has some interesting facts.
Old 21-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Master

I've finally taken up a food journal. In it I put everything I eat, when I use my nose spray and any pain symptoms I get. It's the last 1/4 mile of my learning curve and I need to be precise and focused.

Rice is okay. I've eaten it 2 times with no pain. I'm taking it slow. I have to try a new food (only one at a time!) every few days. Then if I get pain I have to wait till that food is out of my system before trying a another new food.

I've gotten so sensitive that things I was able to eat a few months ago I can no longer tolerate. For example, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. A few months ago I could consume them with no problem. Yet a few days ago I ate two of those tiny bite size Peanut Butter Cups and was doubling over in stabbing pain within 45 minutes. I stayed that way until I was able to get it worked through my system a day and a half later.

So there is a lot of re-learning going on now. I hope I can find an end to it eventually; and not an ever-evolving experience.