Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 29-05-2020, 09:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
I am reminded of Einstein who asked: "what does a fish know about the water in which he swims?" I see we humans as sort of swimming in time.... wondering.

As we ascend through the higher dimensions time slows until, when there is no further we can go, time has stopped. That is to say, there is no time or an absence of time. Of course as we then look behind us we would see that matter has changed too. With it's cousin time, it "thins" becoming more and more rarefied, less spiritually substantial the higher we go. So now, just as we have left physical matter behind, here we are in a "place" where there is no spiritual matter either. None at all. Here, there is only a great unknowable mind.

In my view this place which has been referred to is the ultimate source which began it all. But if something begins something there would have to be a flowing of time. No. "Began" is not a good word. So what does this source (god) do? The philosophical answer is "god expresses". It is this act which is the cause, the driving force of everything we know.

The human mind is a finite construct which needs help to reach out higher than it's natural boundaries. So in channeling sometimes we get a little of this assist but that other person, no matter how ascended, has limits too. And after we pass? What then? Some think we will suddenly be possessed with all sorts of knowledge. We will, when the time is right, know the history of our soul but more than that? Yes we will understand more about existential purpose.

Just a thought further which would seem to reinforce the idea of an ultimate dimension (spiritual plane) which is both insubstantial and timeless. The religious sometimes ask how we can have freedom of choice when God knows in advance how we will choose? The answer is that God is at the ultimate level where there is no time. In God's consciousness, everything is just "now". This is the answer which both satisfies and annoys.
I had an experience where 'time stopped'.

That singular event started me on a path trying to understand the 'unexplainable'.

There is so much out there for us to learn...........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-05-2020, 10:15 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I had an experience where 'time stopped'.

That singular event started me on a path trying to understand the 'unexplainable'.

There is so much out there for us to learn...........

I believe you.
Old 29-05-2020, 11:02 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
We all speculate ...

Hello Inavalan,

Until we experience directly or in this case there is no One left to experience or even speculate.

Regards
Old 29-05-2020, 06:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello Inavalan,

Until we experience directly or in this case there is no One left to experience or even speculate.

Regards
Sorry. I don't understand what you want to say there.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 30-05-2020, 12:32 PM
Legrand

You will some day. Some things cannot be explained only experienced.

Regards
Old 02-06-2020, 03:43 AM
Master
This life is so complex. I have known no other, within my current memories. Where did it come from?

When it comes as consciousness I receive it as my eternal side, vs external and internal..

What creates complexity is life, life is pure magic, don't ask me. External, internal, eternal!

Life has consistency, I wake up, sleep, it continues. With or without me?? And I am not alone, it seems.

Pure consciousness, you know, that trippy time by the lake....

Everything is one!!!

You go back to work and wonder, what is life?

By midweek you remeber....

Survival!
Old 02-06-2020, 04:31 AM
bartholomew

Consciousness does not result from any set of conditional factors. Consciousness in a human being is not a product of our brains. The brain only allows the appropriate degree of consciousness to be expressed through us. No. Consciousness is a universal principle. If all else from the many worlds were to be removed consciousness would remain vital. It is not a field because a field depends on a supporting background. It is the very stuff of the very highest spiritual worlds of which no human being knows very much. Each of us has the consciousness which suits our place in the cosmos. As we grow spiritually we attain functionality on higher planes and are thus more conscious. Human beings are self conscious. Many of the higher animals are too. Insects are conscious too but since they are aware only on the physical and lower astral planes they merely react to stimuli. But know that even a grain of sand has both a soul and is conscious (to a slight degree). We are functional on the emotional and mental spiritual panes and we have innate knowledge of higher. We therefore are somewhat conscious on those planes and sub planes and we know somewhat of the "divine", they mystical "source". It is this innate knowledge that perpetuates religions in the world. They serve as promising connectors to what will be experienced later. But here again our knowledge is only the result of our ability to perceive (consciousness).

While living in the physical worlds we are "of" those planes. This is the source of the complexity that commonly perplexes us. We swim in seas of emotion and uncertainty every day. This is because we are conscious on the physical , astral and mental planes. Later, much later when we achieve we will attain both functionality and consciousness on a higher plane, perhaps the Buddhic or others that we sometimes refer to as "divine".

Factors of complexity include physical experience, astral plane conditioning, mental acuity and others too such as the externals of family, genetics and environment. And others have an effect too. But there are other factors. The rays of influence that come to our solar system from groups of post master souls far away are strong conditioners. These great ones use constellations of stars to focus and direct. They combine their wills to do this work. And we? When we take our first breaths as babes we inhale not only air but energies from the fields around us in that moment. This brings to us the conditioning allowed by the position of the Earth and other heavenly bodies in that moment. This is the reason astrologers want to know the time and place of birth. These too add to the complexities of living here.

We are here and that should be enough for anyone. But.... the single main reason that a soul projects a personality and body to a solid planet (Earth is only one of zillions) is because there is a great need to learn and achieve wisdom. This, curiously enough, cannot be achieved in the spiritual worlds. On those planes it is not possible for adverse types to intermingle for more than short periods. Only here on Earth is it possible to meet and overcome adversity. This is where wisdom comes from and since wisdom is what frees us from the cycle we are here and here we all will stay until we achieve and find ascension.

It's not easy and as we grow spiritually the burdens increase. This, too, is as it should be. Wisdom brings responsibility. The two are hand and glove. When we find these we will be as conscious as we possibly can be while remaining human beings. We will have reached the limit and now are ready to leave for new adventures in post human existence.... Something to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
This life is so complex. I have known no other, within my current memories. When it comes to consciousness storage of thoughts seems important.

What creates our complexity, consciousness? The storage of thought?

Life has consistency, I wake up, sleep, it continues. With or without me?? And I am not alone, it seems.

Pure consciousness, you know, that trippy time by the lake....

Everything is one!!!

You go back to work and wonder, what is life?

By midweek you remeber....

Survival!
Old 02-06-2020, 04:48 AM
Master
OK, I will give it a read, consciously..
Old 02-06-2020, 04:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew
Only here on Earth is it possible to meet and overcome adversity. This is where wisdom comes from and since wisdom is what frees us from the cycle we are here and here we all will stay until we achieve and find ascension

A deep truth we may all do well to remember
Old 02-06-2020, 05:31 AM
bartholomew

I used to ask why God allows suffering while holding out a cookie for us if only we would believe. Didn't seem like a very nice thing for a God to do. Later I found out that was not the right question. We're also better off learning how to make our own cookies. So this was the way I found just a wee bit of wisdom. I have a long way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
A deep truth we may all do well to remember