Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
if you fall in the water you get wet, is that a law? i suppose so, its also kind of obviously true. your view sounds like someone arguing no you might not get wet if you fall in. its only something someone outside the faith could ever suggest

You won't get wet if you wear a wet suit

So who made the law? I'm curious and serious, when you think about it you should see its a reasonable question, but you don't have to answer, I understand.
Old 31-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
So who made the law? I'm curious and serious, when you think about it you should see its a reasonable question, but you don't have to answer, I understand.

Are laws made or do they just exist?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 31-05-2019, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
lol ......

@ Honza - it's a pity if you feel you are separate from God. All is God and Jesus's message is pristinely true - the Kingdom of heaven is within you, and those that seek with sincerity and humility shall find that which is sought.

With very best wishes

JL

Quote:

Old 31-05-2019, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
You have had a ' personal experience ' and others also have had a ' personal experience ' which maybe didn't involve or need a holy spirit....

Everyone is different and as I pointed out, not all Christians believe in a holy spirit.

I posted the "Winds of Doctrine" thread for a reason.

There is, like it or not, defining dogma, protocol, criteria, and definition of what Christianity, and the Christian is.

The persons you refer to, are refuted by the words of Christ Himself, in the Holy Gospels.
Who calls the Holy Spirit, "The Comforter", (Helper), for one.
(As you are refuted also by Jesus, according to your posted perspectives.)

Who Himself, as described in the scriptures, is the, "Word of God made flesh."
Who stated, "But when He, The Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all truth."
Gospel of John, chapters 14, 15, and 16.

And since you are want to declare that "the Bible is just a book written by men", then how could you possibly belong to, "The Word of God made flesh"?

Prophecy, including the Messianic prophesies written ages before His appearance, proves the Bible is not merely written by men, but by inspiration of the Holy Spirit Himself.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by Morpheus : 01-06-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Old 31-05-2019, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I am not a Gnostic and therefore I feel that the Gnostic gospels are probably not the words of Christ. They were written much later on when Jesus had been dead for a couple of centuries.

Just a correction.

The tomb was left empty. He rose bodily, revealed Himself to many, and His ascension is a bodily ascension.

He is returning at, "the end of the age", bodily from Heaven.
Acts 1:11

"From whence He comes to judge both the quick, and the dead."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-06-2019, 03:36 AM
janielee

https://www.uscatholic.org/church/20...-made-it-bible

What is in the Bible was pretty selective - by all accounts I've read, the "Gnostic" and meditation parts were all removed by human beings - it's easier to control the masses through belief and orders.

JL
Old 01-06-2019, 03:41 AM
janielee

There is no need to look for God here or there. He is no farther away than the door of your own heart. There He stands waiting till He finds you ready to open the door and let Him enter. No need for you to call Him from afar-He is waiting more impatiently than you for that door to open. He wants you a thousand times more urgently than you want Him. There is only one thing you must do-open the door and enter.

No one has ever longed so much for anything as God longs to bring man to Him. God is so close to us, but we are distant and turned away from Him. God is within, we are without. God is at home with us, but we are strangers to ourselves.

I will never ask God to give Himself to me. All I ask is that He makes me pure and empty. For it is God's very nature to give Himself to those who are pure, and to fill those who are empty.

- Meister Eckhart
Old 01-06-2019, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Are laws made or do they just exist?

Thomas Aquinas's Treatise on Law might interest you Honza....
Old 01-06-2019, 06:15 AM
Master

All this talk of Christianity & God Jesus etc etc is all GOOD. However all a person needs to be, is a very loving & highly moral person who commits very little to no sin, & they will be in good stead after slipping away from the flesh & the Earth....

....Although they are sinning against the Holy spirit...(the holy spiritual essence of the Christ entity), by not recognizing it & obviously then, not desiring for it to be a part of them in sufficient quantities....and while they are not desirous for it, they can not be transformed into christed beings & then will not be capable of entering into the spiritual Holy Kingdoms without that full transformation into a christed being.

HOWEVER, all is still good for the type of person that I mentioned in my first paragraph above, because there are the lesser Heavens, of which range from the first spiritual sphere through to the end of the sixth spiritual sphere, & all persons are very welcome and capable of entering into the leading outer fringes of the first spiritual sphere...even dark minded beings will find a location that best suits their quality of Soul'self, of course that location will be outside of the beginning of the beauty & abundance of the first spiritual sphere & a location of varying darkness & abundance that best suits their Soul'self.

The holy spiritual essence of the Christ entity, is not a prerequisite in order to gain entry into those lesser heavens.
& these lesser Heavens although they are not of a wonderous beauty and abundance as the many mansions within the spiritual holy kingdom, they however are sublime and splendourous & fully abundant & created by the Christ entity, for every being ever created in his universe.

All of the above is for anyones considerations...regards from myself once again....SMILES.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:22 AM
Master

Quote:
You won't get wet if you wear a wet suit

Sky its not a law, its from experience
spiritual experience was the source of the knowledge of the Holy Spirit
its just what your saying is very strange considering the central role of the Spirit in Christian way