Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 17-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Ascender
Why do you say that she's not being benign to you? Perhaps she's trying to help you follow a fresh, strong path.
Old 17-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howla Dark
That's what I meant.

Oh OK, sorry, lol
Old 18-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howla Dark
Why do you say that she's not being benign to you? Perhaps she's trying to help you follow a fresh, strong path.

Sorry, I think there is a confusion in language barrier, English not being my native tongue.I saw benign as bad.What I mean is that I see her as good not evil, despite the stories I have read about her.She represents change and a new awareness.
Old 23-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Pathfinder

I am a firm believer in needing a balance of light and dark in our lives. In my personal experience and research I have found that The Dark Goddess is a symbol of healing/change/rebirth and embracing tragedies and sorrows as teachers.

I HIGHLY recommend the book "Journey to the Dark Goddess" by Jane Meredith. It opened my eyes to a new way of thinking. As well as Green Witchcraft II: Balancing Light & Shadow by Ann Moura which I also found really useful, even if you haven't read the first book.

I will throw a few other titles out that I also have found helpful and related to this topic but I haven't finished reading.

Pagan Portals - The Morrigan: Meeting the Great Queens by Morgan Daimler

Warrior Goddess Training: Become the Woman you are Meant to Be by HeatherAsh Amara
Old 24-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola_Wolfe
I am a firm believer in needing a balance of light and dark in our lives. In my personal experience and research I have found that The Dark Goddess is a symbol of healing/change/rebirth and embracing tragedies and sorrows as teachers.

I HIGHLY recommend the book "Journey to the Dark Goddess" by Jane Meredith. It opened my eyes to a new way of thinking. As well as Green Witchcraft II: Balancing Light & Shadow by Ann Moura which I also found really useful, even if you haven't read the first book.

I will throw a few other titles out that I also have found helpful and related to this topic but I haven't finished reading.

Pagan Portals - The Morrigan: Meeting the Great Queens by Morgan Daimler

Warrior Goddess Training: Become the Woman you are Meant to Be by HeatherAsh Amara

I am reading 'Journey in to the Dark Goddess by Jane Meredith and I also have The Morrigan.

The others I will have a look at and see if they are for me.

My journey with the Dark Goddess is very cleansing and healing, I am glad I got the 'call' and listened this time.
Old 24-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Pathfinder

Awesome? How are you enjoying Journey to the Dark Goddess? This is making me want to reread it, I loved it so much. I would love to discuss your thoughts on it and just the Dark Goddess in general. I'm working on balance myself, and I feel like exploring and understanding the darker side of things is so important because it is really misunderstood. People think of dark as "evil" instead of thinking of it as balance, ying and yang, etc.
Old 24-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola_Wolfe
Awesome? How are you enjoying Journey to the Dark Goddess? This is making me want to reread it, I loved it so much. I would love to discuss your thoughts on it and just the Dark Goddess in general. I'm working on balance myself, and I feel like exploring and understanding the darker side of things is so important because it is really misunderstood. People think of dark as "evil" instead of thinking of it as balance, ying and yang, etc.

It is a lovely book and I really enjoy it.I do skip the exercises in it.I detest any form of tests as a rule but I do read them.The stories are wonderful too.It is a book worth reading a few times for sure.
As I was reading this book this have been 'flowing', things have come on my path that I have been wanting to do for years!

I see the Dark Goddess as a guide, guiding me towards things, helping me see things I did not before.