Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 11-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Experiencer

You need to pursue what you love. To be the devil's advocate, I know a lot of older people who seriously regret getting their tattoos. They look pretty sad when you are "old and saggy", and if we are lucky, that's what happens to us! I do know people who have had difficulty getting jobs because of the image tattoos present, but that is probably generational, and the prejudice could be fading. If I got one, I would put it in a place where it could be covered for job interviews, or in a wedding dress. I know this is a matter of taste, and I am old, and stodgy. Of course, I know there are people who are proud of their "tats", and they can have deep spiritual meaning. If you find that you love doing this work, go for it! I will probably be ready to get one in my next life! Blessings!
Old 12-07-2014, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender
Thanks guys!

So, on a similar but different note, do any of you have any personal spell success stories? I think it would help if I heard some personal experiences. : )

All the spells that I have done to improve myself and my life have worked. The ones that didn't were the spells asking the Universe to bring back a soul mate. Guess that wasn't meant to improve my life I trust we receive what is for the Highest Good. You can manipulate the energy to manifest, but the Universe chooses what it gives you.

I just did a candle spell this week, during the waxing moon, asking for confidence to talk to this guy I like. I get tongue-tied around him because I know he likes me and he's super cute. He is a dreamboat, and I get nervous around him!
Old 12-07-2014, 02:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Well I have a background in Art and Design. Ideally, the goal has been to get a position as a graphic designer. I've had only a handful of interviews and I've never succeeded in getting the job. However, the area also only has about 3 available jobs every 2 or 3 weeks. I would like to move to a better city for it but it's not really an option for me at the moment.

I have tried to take it as a sign that maybe Graphic Design isn't the correct path for me. And I've sort of set my sights on an area that I'd never considered which is tattooing lol (I don't even have any tattoos!). I have a friend who is a tattoo artist and she's been talking to me about preparing for a possible apprenticeship but I'm nervous because I'm a little old to get started in the field. I'm 26 and I know it's not very old at all, but it's considered late in the game to get started at 30.

Either way, I'd really just like to flex my art skills in whatever I do. So anything along those lines would make me happy.

My tattoo artist is insanely talented. He went to school for art, got his degree. His tattoos are beautiful, as is his artwork. He shows in galleries every few years. He worked his way up from an apprenticeship to working in a smaller shop. Now he works in one of the best tattoo shops in Boston. It takes hard work and determination.

Maybe your spell's intent could be: "Guide me to the career that is going to make me happy and bring me abundance."

I always word my prayers of intention in the present tense "I am in the career that makes me happy and brings me abundance."
Old 12-07-2014, 03:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Well I have a background in Art and Design. Ideally, the goal has been to get a position as a graphic designer. I've had only a handful of interviews and I've never succeeded in getting the job. However, the area also only has about 3 available jobs every 2 or 3 weeks. I would like to move to a better city for it but it's not really an option for me at the moment.

I have tried to take it as a sign that maybe Graphic Design isn't the correct path for me. And I've sort of set my sights on an area that I'd never considered which is tattooing lol (I don't even have any tattoos!). I have a friend who is a tattoo artist and she's been talking to me about preparing for a possible apprenticeship but I'm nervous because I'm a little old to get started in the field. I'm 26 and I know it's not very old at all, but it's considered late in the game to get started at 30.

Either way, I'd really just like to flex my art skills in whatever I do. So anything along those lines would make me happy.

Nice opportunity there!
Old 12-07-2014, 04:11 AM
Master

I think Rosie Cotton's right - if you love doing it go for it. Surely your age can't be that much of a drawback, it might be different if you were old and dithery, lol.

You asked about spellwork:- most of my spells have worked, the ones that didn't were the ones where I was not 100% invested in the outcome or I was unsure, and that will put the kibosh on any spell.

You seem quite unsure of whether you want to do a spell or not and if you feel like that I would pretty well guarantee that your spell won't work. You have to want it with every fibre of your being and be sure of what you're working for. If you "have to think about it" then IMHO you're not 100% committed to it.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Master
Lavender, first off the job/careers market is very competitive. The best tool while searching and applying for jobs is continuous education - I was still in education at age 50 and was then employed as a Lecturer in the university where I was studying, right up to age 68. This was on the basis of extensive experience in industry. You need to think of yourself as a "product" and use marketing techniques - What is your USP ?

p.o.v. Tattoos are just graffiti !
Old 12-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Lavender

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Lavender, first off the job/careers market is very competitive. The best tool while searching and applying for jobs is continuous education - I was still in education at age 50 and was then employed as a Lecturer in the university where I was studying, right up to age 68. This was on the basis of extensive experience in industry. You need to think of yourself as a "product" and use marketing techniques - What is your USP ?

p.o.v. Tattoos are just graffiti !

From an artistic standpoint I'd naturally have to disagree on the graffiti lol. I think most people have a problem with an individuals choice of subject matter and that makes sense. I've seen some ugly tats.

As for education I don't feel I can go for more. I spent 50k for my 6 years of college and now I can't pay for the monthly loan payments. My wonderful father has been helping while I wait tables. So more school just isn't an option.

My somewhat stuck situation is the reason why I'm looking for some kind of spiritual assistance to get that little nudge I need. Trust me when i say I've done everything I can to market myself now I need some luck.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Master

Quote:
My somewhat stuck situation is the reason why I'm looking for some kind of spiritual assistance to get that little nudge I need. Trust me when i say I've done everything I can to market myself now I need some luck.

There's another idea - if you want some luck - do a spell for good luck
Old 13-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Lavender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
There's another idea - if you want some luck - do a spell for good luck

Do you think I'd get better results with a luck spell rather than something more specific?
Old 14-07-2014, 03:29 AM
Master

Ummm........maybe not, lol. Seriously, if I were you I'd be doing removal of any blockages starting now because we're in a waning moon phase right now.