Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 22-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Sindy

I think I have been on a dark path for a while. Things happened that were out of my control which made me want to seek more control. Am I a satanist? Are people who do selfish spells really worshiping Satan?
Is trying to attract love black magic?
Old 22-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Master
I dont know where you are Sindy but I live in an area of England which is rich in ancient remains, including Neolithic. Being in such places is like a bolt of lightning passing thro you. Last Beltain, I attended a festival at a place called Thornborough Henge [ as old as Stonehenge and older than the Pyramids ]. The ancestors are very strong there.
Old 22-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Master
Sindy, Magic is neither Black or White, it just is. It is your Intent and Will that makes it Black. My path is pretty much Grey.
Old 22-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Lostgirl

I agree with Norseman, magic is neither black or white and it is all to do with intent. I think although your intentions were good, granted maybe a little selfish although not meaning to be you are no way a satanist.

Wicca hasnt got a "dark side" only bad intentions. If people are true to Wicca and its beliefs then they wouldnt use magic with bad intentions as it doesnt follow the Rede or the comes back to you in 3 rule.

Dont worry, it was a mistake and you are aware of the fact that you havent been in a great way recently so dont panic A lesson learnt i say :)
Old 22-11-2010, 04:19 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I never cast "spells" on people or for people. My work is entirely Earth Magic aimed at flora and fauna, and Land preservation. I have worked hard over many decades to become part of the Land by gaining knowledge. I am not wiccan but an older form which has it's roots in the Neolithic with tribal shaman.
It seems to me that wicca is putting out the wrong image at the moment, probably because of TV programmes - it seems to going more for show and less for substance.
"Magic", the Craft, is not a trivial thing to be used for trivial purposes such as "Love Spells" and the like.

I respect and honor your words, for they are true, but the fact remains that many use magic for the trivial reasons you indicate, and it is not a good practice. I also feel the ancient discipline of utilizing magic and the purposes for doing so have been diluted and watered down by the false media representation of wicca being force fed to an unsuspecting and uninformed public
Old 22-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Lostgirl

And it is exactly those people who find their spells back fire when they have no idea about Wicca.

One of the many reasons why people shouldnt pay so much attention to the media.
Old 22-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Sindy

I don't only use it for trivial reasons. Can you tell me what you use it for?
Old 22-11-2010, 08:53 PM
stormdancer

Firstly I hate love spells and when many people come to me and ask me to perform a love spell for them I point blank refuse...never never try to change someones free will!!!!! harm ye none...I would say maybe look within and ask yourself why you need this person to love you and why would you want someone to if underneath it, they only liked you because you put a spell on them..I know what my choice would be.

There's an old saying...."Play with fire and you will get burned"...I truly believe in that. So for those who are new to this way of life, please be extremely careful in your magical workings and I would strongly advise not to commence with Spell Works until you know more about the Craft and your knowledge is stronger and deeper.

A little knowledge can be a dangerous tool.....

In the Craft so many people are looking for guidance but you are going to keep being disconnected if you are unbalanced to yourself. You have to know exactly what you are looking for and what you want to accomplish in order to achieve it....Otherwise you are going to be told the wrong direction ..If you ask too many you will end up spinning in circles not knowing what way you are going at all. Make sure you know exactly what you are looking for when you are wanting to learn about your spirituality.

The highest form of magick is realising that everything is perfect and to realise and to accept it and to realise that the lower forms of magick such as creating thought form, candle magic etc which are all steps on the path are really unnecessary...The masters will never do things to manipulate the environment or to change the circumstances that are in the universe. Acceptance is the highest form of magick and when you have reached the highest state of magick you realise that magick is not necessary.That is the goal of where you want to go to...and if you are not at that state it's ok because those are steps along the path.

Just to clear things up lol.....

Witches do not put curses on people.

We do not shed blood in ritual, nor do we slaughter ANYTHING to offer to our deities, for they do not need blood to be duly worshipped.

We do not use magick for frivolous, egotistical, or selfish reasons. This cheapens the effects of this gift. Nor is this power used for profit, donations may be accepted, but are never required ~ greed only swallows those who wield into its clutches.

We do not use magick to influence another's will.

We do not perform "beauty" spells, which were ever popularised in the ficticious movie "The Craft". The God/esses would never want to change who you are in this life. Even if you are Christian, Jew, or Muslim, or whatever your belief system may be, we are all put here for a purpose, and yes, our looks go along with this. They make us who we are, and define our purposes. We are here to learn and make the best of our lives, a spell isn't going to change the world for any one of us.

We also do NOT mix drugs into our daily lives or during ritual. Sometimes, however,wine is used as a ritual offering, but by no means is it used to get "plastered", only a small amount is used and a offering to the goddess is left over. Given in a libation bowl, or poured directly into the Earth. Herbs may also be burned as offerings.

Magick is a gift from the Elders, to be used properly to grow and to heal. If you want machines of war and harm, DO NOT look here. If you want the world to worship at your feet, look somewhere else.

Magick is a blend of Nature, energies, and love and light. It is NOT a tool of destruction. Use the Power wisely, for greed and corruption quickly control the holder of this power if used incorrectly. That is NOT the purpose of Magick.

Peace and Love

Storm xx

Old 22-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindy
I don't only use it for trivial reasons. Can you tell me what you use it for?

I was rude there Sindy and I apologise.

My work is long-term and I will not see the results. It is concerned with the protection of some endangered species, both flora and fauna, so it does not have a definite end, it is continuous. My favourite work, is planting acorns where there used to be oak trees long ago. I invoke Gaia's blessing on every one I plant - couple of centuries should see a result. The final area that I like to work in concerns the ancestors - making contact and such to ask for advice. I do get results in that final area. All in all, results are not as important as the effort. This is my Land and I do my best to protect it.
This may seem like an odd thing to do but it is modelled on the Cunning Man of long ago and I find it deeply satisfying.
Old 23-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Sindy

There are loads of "magical workers" out there who charge for their spells and do not rely on donations. Cassandra Eason for example.