Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-03-2022, 11:19 AM
Master

OBE while keeping the wakeful state

I've done it, in fact, I noticed a while ago that it is much easier for me to do it, for example, last night while meditating and wide awake, suddenly I noticed that my body was becoming lighter and lighter, as if I was floating upwards, in that very same moment this subtle body fell back and hit my physical body, in that very moment my entire physical body jumped in the air, a hard return.

This morning I've done it but was quite confusing. I remained awake while my physical body fell asleep, sleep paralysis then vibrations and gone I was but I kept coming back and going out. I noticed that the body was breathing on its own and I also noticed that if I really wanted I could take control of the breathing. I floated "uppwards", void, darkness everywhere but a sense of my location, above my physical body, could not see much, then trying to bring my vision back I floated outside the house. I felt the warm of the sun, it felt so good. I could see and could not see, quite confusing.

I came back into the body and said to myself, look, you've done it again, you managed to kill yourself, again, for I was having a hard time coming out of sleep paralysis, the vibrations were quite strong. I opened my mouth and one eye and then I was once again in that void, in that endless darkness. This time I felt that my whole awarneess was withdrawing within myself and again I found myself outside my physical body, this time around my parent's house, it was not the real thing for my mother is not there right now. I somehow came back to where my body sleeps and suddenly the whole thing was as if I was wide awake and out of that experience, I looked around the room, touched the floor with my feet and once again I found myself floating in the air, I was still in the experience.

For several times I stayed at the level of the physical body for I was quite confused of what was happening, I had no intention to have an OBE, I just.. somehow.. stayed awake while my body fell asleep and could not miss the chance to explore.

I do not know what to say when people tell me that they have it so easy to have an OBE from the wakeful state, as you see, it's not easy and takes a lot of practice and experiments, well, everyone is different. Next time I am going to explore more for now I made the actual first step even though all is so confusing.
Old 08-03-2022, 12:30 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I do not know what to say when people tell me that they have it so easy to have an OBE from the wakeful state, as you see, it's not easy and takes a lot of practice and experiments, well, everyone is different. Next time I am going to explore more for now I made the actual first step even though all is so confusing.
I don't know who says it's easy but it's not.
One thing people may take as an "OBE" is traveling with their imagination. It can have an effect, it is a sort of projection, but it's not an OBE.
If they have mastered the single pointed concentration, then we come closer, but as I understand, very few people have managed it.

Anyways, your experience is interesting although scary, it's like you're going to die but stay on earth haunting as a ghost.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
I If they have mastered the single pointed concentration, then we come closer, but as I understand, very few people have managed it.
Anyways, your experience is interesting although scary, it's like you're going to die but stay on earth haunting as a ghost.

There's one thing that is definitory for an OBE, many talk about this, the detachment, you feel it, you experience it, what comes after is what comes. Ultimately, imagination is all there is, it's important to be aware of the things you imagine, the things you create directly, and the things that come outside of you but even then, those things may appear in a way that is comfortable for you.

So single pointed concentration is when your whole sense of "self" is one best described as a point of awareness?

Someone has to take some risks, I do it, no problem, ha ha ha.... The thing is that I know that fear is not real, it just me fearing the unknown and the fact that I am totally alone doing this, no teacher, no guiding help there, nothing and nobody, just me trying to figure out things as I go.

You already know this, https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=140405

I actually met someone who commited suicide, at least that's the most powerful feeling I experienced.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:22 PM
Ascender
Quote:
So single pointed concentration is when your whole sense of "self" is one best described as a point of awareness?
Yes.

Quote:
Someone has to take some risks, I do it, no problem, ha ha ha.... The thing is that I know that fear is not real, it just me fearing the unknown and the fact that I am totally alone doing this, no teacher, no guiding help there, nothing and nobody, just me trying to figure out things as I go.
You do what you want, but actually there's tons of teachers and all the worthy paths have already been described.
Just ask for a teacher during one of your sessions, you will get one. If you don't then you're just in your own world.

Quote:
You already know this
Funny I remember my post but don't remember who I replied to.

Quote:
I actually met someone who commited suicide, at least that's the most powerful feeling I experienced.
We all committed suicide in our previous lives because we haven't found the way. And it will repeat, over and over, until we find it.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:47 PM
Master

Well done ThatMan. Good to hear.
Old 08-03-2022, 11:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
Yes.You do what you want, but actually there's tons of teachers and all the worthy paths have already been described.Just ask for a teacher during one of your sessions, you will get one. If you don't then you're just in your own world.We all committed suicide in our previous lives because we haven't found the way.

That's how I do it, my whole sense of self withdraws to a single point ( but I still have the memory of the body, sometimes no and there's also a profound bliss ) and then I simply have the intent to leave the body and while this happens, the subtle body gets into picture, it feels just like this body but there's no actual body unless I set the intent to have one. Once I looked like a burning fire. I talked a lot in the meditation area about the "no-space" space and things like that, it's hard to put into words what I experience for there's nothing I can think of that explains what happens.

In my experiences I met many teachers, they come to me to teach me certain life lessons and certain spiritual things but nothing like this. I know that I am not even close to a fluid OBE, where one instantly leaves the physical, instantly and flawlessly, I am like forcing my way out.

My experiences reveal me more about the nature of our human experience but I am yet to get the clearest picture.
Old 08-03-2022, 11:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Well done ThatMan. Good to hear.

I hope this serves as an inspiration but everyone take it easy and everyone who also wants this, it takes time and practice and courage and I do not advice people to push themselves so far, better your inner guide, guide you.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:02 AM
Ascender
--- useless

Last edited by Guillaume : 09-03-2022 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2022, 03:18 PM
Ascender
@thatman your mailbox is full.
I was just saying you were definitely in the astral plane.
And that I can't help you :(
Old 09-03-2022, 06:24 PM
Master

That is so crazy, I am going to delete a ton right now! Yes, the astral plane, it's ok. Some things we have to experience alone.