Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 24-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Experiencer
Morgana ... for me it depends on the deck I am using. If I am using Oracle Cards, I shuffle them by holding them in one hand and throwing them into the other so a few cards go at a time. One or two will make their presence known by falling out or not going into the others. Those are the cards for that reading.

If I am using my tarot, I lay them out and "feel" the cards for a simple three card spread but for a Celtic Cross, I cut the deck into three stacks and use the middle stack for the stack I pull from.

Basically, how you draw your cards is what appeals to you just like choosing the deck and how you read them.
Old 24-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Experiencer
Dad gummit ... Laura beat me to it!
Old 24-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Morgana Rose

thanks laura and finnster, it does help a bit :)
i think i lack trust in my own abilities, so i get worried that i'm not doing things right and therefore not getting an accurate answer lol
thanks again :)
Old 26-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Morgana Rose

another question...
what is peoples take on reversed cards? do they just ignore them or do they read them as the "reverse" meaning the card usually has??
and which is the better option to go with?
Old 26-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Experiencer
Again it comes down to your work and what is comfortable for you. I personally don't work with reversed cards and never really have. I find it can get confusing and down right negative in some cases. If there are signs pointing toward negative outcomes, there are cards already in the deck that have those overtones without being reversed. So, I keep my decks all facing the same way, clean 'em regularly and have great readings!

These are good questions Morgana. But as you said in your previous post, you have to trust yourself.
Old 26-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana Rose
another question...
what is peoples take on reversed cards? do they just ignore them or do they read them as the "reverse" meaning the card usually has??
and which is the better option to go with?

Read Page 1
Old 27-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Pathfinder
what is a reversed card? does it mean it is not right side up?
and if you get the lovers and the two of swords does it mean the relationship i am currently in is absolutely going to end and i can not do anything no matter what decision i make? i did the Celtic cross and on the side where things were happening in the present i had the lovers but on the side for the future i got the two swords...?
Old 27-10-2011, 06:54 AM
Master
Two of Swords is a card of balance. Neither sword has advantage.
The card upright indicates stalemate, an armed truce.
Reversed, it means you have been given bad advice from a misinformed source and you should consider that advice very carefully before accepting it.
Personally, I ignore reversals.
Old 27-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Morgana Rose

thanks finnster and norseman :) i went back and looked at page 1 of the thread lol
Old 30-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Ascender

Would anyone care to elaborate a bit on if a relationship's future gets the world card?