Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 16-06-2014, 04:04 AM
yaki000

How long do you think we spend 'between lives'

I know it is very likely that we are not reborn the instant after we die, but 'exist' for a bit before reincarnating, but how long do you think this 'existence' lasts. Through regression I think I fought in WWII, but survived and most people who fought in WWII were young and if I survived I would have likely lived into the latter half of the twentieth century. This life started in 2001 so if I lived into the latter half of the twentieth century then I probably died in the 80s or 90s maybe so it would be 10-20 years approximately. I really don't know so I'm curious to see what others say.
Old 16-06-2014, 04:10 AM
Master

I believe that it can vary greatly - from being reborn within two or three years to two or five centuries.

I think it depends on how advanced we are spiritually and many other factors. Sometimes there is something urgent that we have to do or learn here on earth and that is one reason why we may come back in a hurry
Old 16-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Master
When you are out of body, there is no time. So from the spirit's point of view, it's an invalid question.

There is nothing to prevent multiple incarnations in the same time period within a single universe. Similarly, there is nothing forcing incarnations to live in a time after previous incarnations in the same universe. Additionally, not all spirits return to the same universe.

If you haven't gathered yet, there is no quantifiable answer to the question.

-------------
Even when limiting the scope of the question to human lives on Earth and assuming sequential time periods, I don't think there is a typical answer to this either. Of the people I know that have looked into 'past' lives, some have had only one and others have lived nearly continuously since Lemurian times.
Old 16-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Master

Time moves on the other side too, but at a greatly accelerated rate compared to us.
Old 16-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Experiencer

I also believe it can vary greatly. There is no rule.
Old 16-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote: by Westein [When you are out of body, there is no time. So from the spirit's point of view, it's an invalid question.] Un-Quote...

Not quite sure I understand that theory about 'no time'...

If there is a difference from one life cycle to another (per individual) how are differential periods calculated, if there is no such thing as time???

Just interested...

Rob....
Old 16-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
If there is a difference from one life cycle to another (per individual) how are differential periods calculated, if there is no such thing as time???
There is no time. Time is a local property of the material universe (where Earth is). Spirits are not material so without bodies to inhabit time does not 'pass' for them.

It can get a bit confusing as spirits do change (progress even) though there is no 'time' ticking away in their environment.

Note that for incarnations that can contact other incarnations, time if it exists on both ends passes as different rates. This difference in rate seems to be fairly consistent relatively speaking. As an example if time is faster over 'there' by say a factor of three, for future (to the incarnation) visits three times as much of their time passes during the shorter interval 'here'. Note this is not fixed as time (where it does exist) doesn't always work the same i other universes (planes).
Old 17-06-2014, 03:02 AM
Master

Different for each soul and each incarnation. Some need more time to recover from trauma from past incarnation. Some need less.
Old 17-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Different for each soul and each incarnation. Some need more time to recover from trauma from past incarnation. Some need less.

I agree, some may come straight back and others will take much longer. It also depends on the soul group and if they need to go and support anothers lessons.

I don't believe you can have multiple incarnations. It is possible part of an essence is so strong, if part of the same group, it can recall anothers incarnation at the same time.
Old 17-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Master

I personally think it would vary, I cant see why there would be a set time as such and I think that a soul would take longer to recouporate after a traumatic life then an easy life.

Ive remembered over 35 of my past lives . . I seem to have had a lifetime going on in every 100 years, in some two lives in that time period
.. so obviously Im not doing all that much resting.

My last lifetime seems to be, if this wasnt some kind of spontanous vivid dream.. was in a war. I was a young guy in the trenches with a mate. I believe I got killed there (I think what I experienced was right before my death). Being in the trenches, that would have to be world war 1 or world war 2. I was then born in 1971.

Then before that life.. Im aware of a lifetime in what appears to maybe be England. I was wearing a long white frock.. I lived in a house and had a yard. We took in orphaned children but didnt do the right thing as far as these children went, I was under the influence of a very bad man who had gotten with me when I was very young, a child myself, I was his wife. I guess maybe somewhere in the 1800s.

My current daughter who hates me this lifetime (she wont even speak to me), is the 3 year old beautiful blond child with ringlets which we took in that I allowed my husband to abuse and he killed and we buried in the backyard, I was involved in cruelity towards her. Past lives really can come back to haunt one. I guess daughter and I will have to incarnate again? if she cant one day come to forgive (this lifetime I dont think she even knows why she dont like me, she makes up all kinds of irrational reasons to try to explain her emotions to herself). Interestingly, she came into this lifetime disabled (so Ive really had to pay my dues towards her), she tells me its my fault she's disabled. I wonder if she had a life in between that other life and this one as I did or if she jumped from that life to this. Maybe cause of her trauma she didnt incarnate for longer?

Anyway.. some of us at least seem to be nearly always in incarnation.