Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 31-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Master

Hi all, not that you need to know this of course, but I do not go to sahaja yoga meditation anymore. I had fun and I learnt things but I need to move on. There are people that really like and you have to try it to find out if it suits you or not. The aim is to keep trying to improve yourself but I do not believe in their teachings so it is pointless for me to go anymore. They get you to soak your feet in cold water and you are supposed to do that every night before going to bed. It would do you good if you believe it would do you good but I it does nothing for me. Then you clear each chakra by using a candle by saying a different mantra in a different language, I think it is indian language. Then we have to watch a video each week on the leader of sahaja yoga meditation. She was from India. Then we do meditation. I found what works for me and that is to meditate every day and keep saying things what you want to improve in yourself. It works just as well.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 AM
NIRVANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langston2
Take a look at this that will tell you about Sahaja Yoga. This isn't yoga exercise as we know this -- it doesn't include positions or even stretches. Or even breathing workouts. This essentially involves being a devotee associated with Sri Mataji Nirmala Devi, an Indian native 'saint' that claims to have the ability to remedy cancer. She additionally says which gay males should obtain Aids because of their sexual orientation. (I have heard her say this particular.) If you want to become involved with Sahaja Yoga you will have to go to their own meetings. Personally, getting at one phase been involved with them, We would not return. They're saying to be able to increase kundalini but they let you know nothing from the preparation needed for this to be a secure process.
Iyengar yoga is much more related to the physical body but it's very powerful and may obvious emotional as well as spiritual obstructions. Should you mix Iyengar with deep breathing you would be proceeding within the correct path. IMHO. Make an effort to to take everything slowly...A measure at a time. But, additionally from a personal point of view, I would stay away from Sahaja yoga exercise.

I went to a couple of sahaja sessions seemed ok then got asked to come to their center. When they found out i never had a job they said i couldnt come Apparently its bad karma not having a job but when i get a job i would be welcome to go.

To be honest I thought the main lady was on to much of a ego trip
Old 07-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Master

They do not sound like very nice people to tell you to get a job first then come back. I used to go to sahaja yoga meditation and the people were very nice. The group tried to improve themselves and tried to cope with life without worrying about things. I am sure they would never turn anyone away for not having a job. The only thing about sahaja yoga group is they do not like fortune telling, mediums, astral projection etc. They consider all those things to be evil and you should stay away from it. If you decide to go I would advise you not talk about those things. They are against it.
Old 30-10-2012, 12:22 PM
NIRVANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
They do not sound like very nice people to tell you to get a job first then come back. I used to go to sahaja yoga meditation and the people were very nice. The group tried to improve themselves and tried to cope with life without worrying about things. I am sure they would never turn anyone away for not having a job. The only thing about sahaja yoga group is they do not like fortune telling, mediums, astral projection etc. They consider all those things to be evil and you should stay away from it. If you decide to go I would advise you not talk about those things. They are against it.

The local meeting was very friendly .One of the times we watched the video on tv of sahaja and it was her who said you must have a job befor you come to her main center or something.

Part of her sounded friendly and part of her sounded like she was stuck up her own ****.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Master

I understand now. The video of the person said that. She is supposed to be special and people look up to her as if she is god. The group that I was with worshiped her. They thought she was everything. I began to think I do not believe putting my feet in cold water will do any good. Then I thought of other things that I do not believe in. I realised that it was a waist of time me going as I do not believe in a lot of the things that she taught so I stopped going.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:24 PM
NIRVANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I understand now. The video of the person said that. She is supposed to be special and people look up to her as if she is god. The group that I was with worshiped her. They thought she was everything. I began to think I do not believe putting my feet in cold water will do any good. Then I thought of other things that I do not believe in. I realised that it was a waist of time me going as I do not believe in a lot of the things that she taught so I stopped going.

Yes she definantly thinks she is special.I went to see her at one of her talks and she was talking down to people like they were children. Always emphasizing that she was more awakend and superior and of course everyone else is trapped by the ego
Old 14-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Knower
Has anyone located a walk-through of different exercises pertaining this specific practise online?
Old 20-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Knower
No worries, I found a wealth of them online.
Also found a Sahaja group nearby, which i am attending weekly meetings with now :)
Old 05-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Klacsanzky

I'll answer any questions about Sahaja Yoga

Hello all,

I am a sahaja yoga practitioner. If you have any questions about it, please ask me.