Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-11-2010, 01:56 AM
supernova

Are we here by accident or there was a grand design?

I am torn between theism and atheism but mostly I am in for theism. I cannot believe that we are here just by accident and something happened like the Big Bang and everything has happened following that.

Science always tries to see things from an empirical standpoint but that cannot satisfy us. I have read some books and the latest one by Stephen Hawking the Grand Design and yet I could not be satisfied with his his complex theories. I became skeptical and that made my belief still all the intenser.

I simply wonder at everything and at my existence in this beautiful world. Though this world has come out of nebulae yet I find orderliness everywhere and I always wonder what brought orderliness in pandemonium.
Skeptics have their own say yet I cannot simply agree with them.

Everything in this world amazes me and I become romantic at everything I observe in this beautiful world.

There are problems in the world and it is bedeviled with envies, conflicts and yet there is harmony too. I see kind of light in every human though we are in the dark. Love is there and it is not just a matter of chemistry only and it is more than that.

Even in animals also I find love, compassion and understanding. This is not just an idea of evolution that can satisfy me and I seek something different too in being man and not just through evolutionary stages we are here to be humane humans.

I seek ideas from others on this topic
Old 13-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Suspended
Supernova,
It is mind-boggling to consider creation - from the little tiny bacteria...to the infinity of space! I got an email about the many different suns... & even as large as ours is, it dwarfed in comparison to others. Amazing!

Considering how small I & my perspective are, in comparison, I'm not really sure about anything - but I'll tell you some thoughts...
Maybe... as creative energy, we all helped create "creation."
Maybe... God/our creator is plural & there are many types of spirits (like feelings) & many creators.
Maybe... everything we see was first created in spirit before materialized.
Maybe... there are dimensions that we can't even imagine.

(BTW - The above ideas I learned from Joseph Smith- another mind-boggling concept, huh?)
To answer your question, IMO, we are here for a reason (as discussed on another thread).
Old 13-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Master
maybe science and astrophysics is the means the Divine uses in this realm...personally, i dont believe in accidents or coincidences, but thats just me...
Old 14-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Master
All "isms" are just collections of beliefs.

Instead, how about investing your own true nature, and the nature of existence... directly, experientially. It's an amazing journey of discovery.

Xan

Old 14-11-2010, 01:54 AM
Master
We are here for whatever reason you believe we are here.
Old 14-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Master
having no grand design as the grand design
Old 14-11-2010, 02:08 AM
Fenetre

I think I'm here for a reason
If only to be a part of a functioning ecosystem (though I think there's more to it than that) i'm here for a reason.
Old 14-11-2010, 02:13 AM
Master
Once we believe we are here for a reason we then put expectations onto why we are here, then we feel we need to live up to those expectations.
Old 14-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Gracey

i have no idea.

i like your signature physco slice, mark twain had a good point in his writings when he wrote that.
Old 14-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
i have no idea.

i like your signature physco slice, mark twain had a good point in his writings when he wrote that.
Hi Gracey, yea you right non of us have any idea of what this word love is, I have to say I love your signatures also, you are deep deep deep girl.