Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-09-2023, 06:54 AM
dattaswami

What is the purpose of my life?

What is the purpose of my life?

[Satsanga on 02-09-2023 in the marriage function of the sister of Shri Hrushikesh. Important questions answered by Swami are given below.]

[Ms. Aarti asked:- I am not happy at my workplace and I am not liking what I do. I don’t know where I belong to and what I exactly want. What is the purpose of my life?]

Swami replied:- First, you must develop materialistic discipline. You must show interest in your job and do it well. If you do it well, it will be justified for your salary. This is inevitable. But, you need not concentrate too much on the materialistic work. In your leisure time, you should concentrate on God. Even in your job work, you can concentrate on God, since you have got some experience, the work will become mechanical.

Only in the initial stage, you have to concentrate on the work. While learning to ride a bicycle, for a week or so, you will concentrate on the riding. Later on, you will ride it mechanically without much concentration on it. This will enable you to concentrate on God even during the work. Then, you are considered as a devotee concentrating on God all the time. This is told in the Gita that when you attain perfection in your job, you can be associated with God even during the job work (Yogaḥ karmasu kauśalam - Gita).
Old 08-09-2023, 05:35 AM
Master
Presupposing belief in God (now, I’m not saying God is not) ~ belief being in thought, in conditioning, we are in bondage already, are we not? We know in definitiveness, when we ‘see’ without mirrors.

Likewise, about purpose of life, a reasonable purpose is quest for joy eternal, bliss that does not fade, which is not impacted by the external. Likewise, direct inquiry: ‘who am I?’ as queried by sage Ramana Maharishi.

Love. When we express unconditional love, there is no thought. Thought has roots in ego identity. This is easy to see. Whilst expressing love, heart expands, whilst thinking, it contracts.

Unless we become mindfully self-aware of all this, habit patterns bind and confine.

Just saying.
Old 09-09-2023, 04:02 AM
Master
I have found that when I allow the quiet spiritual presence I feel coming from within me and surrounding me to guide my life, all reason leaves me and I get everything I need and much of what I want.

My purpose is fulfilled not by logic or reasoning but by surrender to that deeper presence which emanates from the depths of my being. Thinking too much about it can take me away from that connection.

It is my own inner light which fulfills my purpose in this life, guides me and protects me, and above all I must trust that. It has taken me from the depths of despair to the heights of fulfillment and unconditional love. This is my experience.
Old 09-09-2023, 02:45 PM
No more quotes over 3 sentences, remember.
Just doin' my job.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-09-2023, 04:23 PM
Master

“Swami replied:- First, you must develop materialistic discipline. You must show interest in your job and do it well. If you do it well, it will be justified for your salary.”

Well I really see the funny side of this. I mean imagine telling a bloke who worked down the sewers everyday shovelling sh…..t. to “show some interest”!!!

Sorry folks but sometimes ya gotta laugh because what sounds good in an ashram or holy place doesn’t seem to equate to the real world.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Well I really see the funny side of this. I mean imagine telling a bloke who worked down the sewers everyday shovelling sh…..t. to “show some interest”!!!
LOL!

In Southeat Asia, I have seen prisoners from the "Big House", willfully volunteer to strip down to a "loin cloth" and then lowered down in to a manhole so as to remove the sewage blockage with their bare hands.

I never stayed around long enough to see what happens if they ever come out......

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-09-2023, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Sorry folks but sometimes ya gotta laugh because what sounds good in an ashram or holy place doesn’t seem to equate to the real world.
Two different worlds come to mind
Old 09-09-2023, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
LOL! I never stayed around long enough to see what happens if they ever come out......
A very wise decision
Old 10-09-2023, 07:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
In Southeat Asia, I have seen prisoners from the "Big House", willfully volunteer to strip down to a "loin cloth" and then lowered down in to a manhole so as to remove the sewage blockage with their bare hands.

This reminds me of diving for gold in Bangladesh: https://youtu.be/NZdDeffKnJA?si=Aqdc_XKhl49fNQL8&t=1354
Old 11-09-2023, 03:23 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Presupposing belief in God (now, I’m not saying God is not) ~ belief being in thought, in conditioning, we are in bondage already, are we not? , habit patterns bind and confine.

Just saying.

In regards to the bondage of conditioning and habit I remember the wisdom of a baseball player…..he said….”do not let your routine become a superstition….”