Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Gabi

About my experiences

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie here. I´m very happy to find your forum, it might help me very much with some disturbing things I have been experiencing. If not, at least we can share ideas. ; )

Well, first of all, what brought me here was a little research I have been doing on astral projection. Of all things I have read, talked and researched about, this is the one that comes closer to explain what´s going on.

Since I was a teenager, I´ve been going to psychyatrists, taking medication and this year I have been in a mental ward for a month and two weeks. They have done that to me before, but this was different. Since that, I feel like I am confused between realities.

I mean, I have dreams inside dreams and I know about them while I am dreaming. While I´m awake, I get confused whether I´m asleep or not, or how long has it been since I left my house, or where am I walking from or to, what time is it, who was I talking to, was it today? Or maybe I wasn´t talking at all, maybe It was just a dream.. but I will never know for sure.

When I started reading about astral projections, I felt that this confusion is somehow connected to that... I don´t know, maybe it´s nothing. But I hope to be in the right place.

Sincerely,
Gabi
Old 22-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Trieah

Hello Gabi, welcome to SF.

It's possible that you could be experiencing astral projection. But from what you've described, it kind of sounds like it could be lucid dreaming as well. You may want to do some research into lucid dreaming as well and see if that sounds similar to what you've been experiencing. There is a lucid dreams subforum inside the dreams forum here.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48
Old 23-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Master
Since I was a teenager, I´ve been going to psychyatrists, taking medication and this year I have been in a mental ward for a month and two weeks. They have done that to me before, but this was different. Since that, I feel like I am confused between realities.

I mean, I have dreams inside dreams and I know about them while I am dreaming. While I´m awake, I get confused whether I´m asleep or not, or how long has it been since I left my house, or where am I walking from or to, what time is it, who was I talking to, was it today? Or maybe I wasn´t talking at all, maybe It was just a dream.. but I will never know for sure.

When I started reading about astral projections, I felt that this confusion is somehow connected to that... I don´t know, maybe it´s nothing. But I hope to be in the right place.

Hi Gabi...

Yes, having dreams within dreams and being unsure if you're dreaming or not are signs of astral projection. Just learning more about how to consciously direct your dreams and experiences can give you a clearer sense of yourself during and after them.

It could help you a great deal to learn how to ground yourself after dreams and projections. Here's how:

- Put your palms on your lower belly, below your navel, and breathe there. Bring your attention down from your head and feel your belly going up and down and your breath going in and out.

-
Rub your legs and feet with your hands. Put your bare feet flat on the floor, or on the earth outside, and feel your soles where they touch the earth. Imagine roots of light energy running from the center line of your head and body, down through your legs and feet and into the earth.

Any time you begin to feel disoriented or unclear about what's real, just bring your attention down into your lower belly and breathe there.... and keep on being aware in your breathing.

Xan

Old 23-09-2011, 04:03 AM
Gabi

Trieah and Xan, thank you so much for your answers.

Xan, those tips you gave me are really precious. I wrote them down. I will keep them in mind, thank you so much for that. Sometimes I feel a little bit desperate, but I know that I just have to know how to deal with it.

I went to my Ayurveda doctor and she said that it will also help if I eat roots like potatoes (I don´t know the other names in english).

I also started what I called a "reality journal", to write down dreams and confusing experiences, so I can compare and relate what I feel.

Thank you guys.
Old 23-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Master
You're welcome, Gabi.

blessings
Xan

Old 29-09-2011, 06:27 AM
zephyr313

I have had dreams within dreams where I do not know that I am dreaming when I am in the dream, but once I fully awaken there is no doubt I am in my body doing things. So either you have a completely different experience or you have some brain (I do not want to say disorder necessarily) difference that might actually trigger O.B.E's. Stranger things have happened, BUT if you are having a hard time connecting with reality then do not put your hopes too much into this being the solution. This stuff could just be a symptom.