Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 08-04-2011, 05:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
IQ-

I have been thinking about this telepathy thing a little (ok, a lot) and why it could be preferable that you do NOT know them in their bodies.

In my case, as I have been forced to reflect on how much of an anomaly my arrangement is or isn't, I realized that I have had intuitive/telepathic/empathic experiences my whole life. But when they take place with people I know and see every day, I am inclined to resort to the old-fashioned question and answers game. Before long, I have dismissed the originating "weird thing" that happened and rely on the information I get from our conversation. Cumulatively, that is a lot of "anomalies", but it has always been easier to interpret data from traditional sources than try to learn this new language of the soul or whatever telepathy is.

So that is all fine and good, but let's go a step further. You talk about the advanced work you are doing with your friends, and that you are delving into areas of your psyche that would otherwise be inaccessible. This hit me as a common thread between our experiences. The encounters and communions I have with my "friend" are beyond words. I have often contemplated what I might say if given the opportunity to speak to him about it and I just have NO WORDS. And I too often find myself feeling very exposed and vulnerable when some uncomfortable truth about me is revealed.

Now, for a brief amount of time, several years ago, my friend and I did attempt a 3D friendship. Once I told him of a spiritual vision I had and as I was speaking I felt like a fumbling child telling silly kid stories to a grown up. It only occurs to me today why I might have felt that way. It was the speaking in words that was primitive and barbaric. What a waste of time it was to have tea and tell stories when compared to the way we interact internally. My words felt like bumper sticker slogans compared to the depth of our inner experience.

So I wonder if the limitations of conventional human interactions would actually prevent the kind of delving into ourselves that these telepathic encounters facilitate. There is nowhere to hide when someone is already inside you. No secrets, no metaphors, no pretense. Just absolute truth. And for me, not being able to hide things from this other person has by default, meant I could not hide them from myself. And awareness of the absolute inability to hide the truth from myself has created a new link to immediate acceptance of in my brain. The entire process has actually eliminated shame from my reality.

There is no such thing as shame when the possibility hiding who you are is no longer an option.

So that was not entirely cohesive, I know, but it really is all about what types of defenses are available in the physical world and how even knowing those defenses are available limits our awn access to ourselves.

hmmm interesting angle. i'll have to ponder on your observations a bit. thanks, Dulce!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Master
Quote:

Now, for a brief amount of time, several years ago, my friend and I did attempt a 3D friendship. Once I told him of a spiritual vision I had and as I was speaking I felt like a fumbling child telling silly kid stories to a grown up. It only occurs to me today why I might have felt that way. It was the speaking in words that was primitive and barbaric. What a waste of time it was to have tea and tell stories when compared to the way we interact internally. My words felt like bumper sticker slogans compared to the depth of our inner experience.

If I may add something to this conversation, it would be that "speaking in words" does not properly describe the nature of these "shared experiences".

Telepathy was explained to me by spirit as being a shared experience. Over the years I have come to appreciate the extent of that perspective. The "speaking in words" view of it relates more to mind reading than any thing else. That being a primitive effect resulting for a shared experience.

Many spiritual teachers have told us that we are all entangled with each other. Our science is recognizing this reality with its evolving understanding about quantum physics. I suspect that some day these concepts will merge.

The physical reality within which we speak to one another each day is a very minor subset of our grander reality deep below the surface. I am conscious of this in all my conversations. You could say that "I am awake" when others are not. It is my purpose to be awake when it is most appropriate that others are not. We are all, each and every one of us, in service to divine interests. The manner in which we each contribute to this is blessed.

I present this perspective so that I may ask a question, because I sensed a desire to be more aware. Is there a conscious desire to become more informed about the deeper nature of our reality? The choice to travel that path is not a better service for self and humanity, just different.

Thanks,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 08-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Master
well, i pondered on Dulce's observations and found that regardless of the chance that externalized communication with my imaginary friends might be stunted were they to become physical in my life i STILL want to meet them in their bodies. aside from the fact that their physicality would confirm my sanity i'd like very much to give them real life hugs.

perhaps IF such an event were to occur it would be a silent meeting, the wordless knowing and comfort one has with certain friends, friends with whom there is no such thing as 'awkward silence", no need to chatter to communicate.

sometimes i wish my imaginary friends hadn't mentioned that they're in physical bodies. i think it'd be a whole lot easier for me to believe in them if they were disembodied like most folks' guide and angels. the physicality aspect of our relationship is distracting.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:56 PM
DulcePoetica

John,

I totally agree that telepathy is much more than a verbal experience. In my case, words are a very small part of what happens. It is more of a shared inner understanding of each other and of certain universal truths that can not (yet ...?) be translated into words. That is what I meant, it was a conversation I had with him in the physical world that seemed primitive and dissatisfying compared to our inner encounters.

I am currently reading a book which applies entanglement theory to extrasensory experiences, and it has me now certain that I am not imagining, but perceiving something. Rather than "extra-sensory", perhaps it is more appropriate for me to think of this as data perceived by a set of recently activated, and previously unknown senses. I do feel like it is possible to misinterpret certain aspects of what is taking place, which is why I have my doubts about talking to this individual when I do see him.

If a blind person spontaneously gains sight, they will certainly require an adaptation period before they can know how to confidently integrate visual information into their experience. The same is true for me, I think. I am observing every interaction carefully and writing everything down. As I look back over the last 9 months (that is when I began to understand that telepathy was taking place) I can see themes and there are certain things, feelings or what-have-you that are consistent and can be reproduced with predictable results. I am building my own personal database of how this works between us.

I hope that some day I can work with my partner to get a more comprehensive understanding of his experience of the same phenomena. That would definitely go a long way towards helping us both to understand it, but until then, I toil away at my own efforts to understand.

I wonder John - on a sort of unrelated topic... When you say that you are aware of the deeper reality below the surface in all your conversations... I too am this way. With some, I can see a vast disparity between what they are presenting to the world and the actual truth of who they are. I have a very good sense of people's intentions and I find oftentimes that I am interacting with people based on the truth I know rather than the story they are portraying. When people are not awake, they do not realize they are misrepresenting themselves. So I find myself in predicaments sometimes because I may "hear" something that they never said. And sometimes, it is so profound, that I don't hear at all what they actually said.

I would like to learn how to be more respectful of the protective story people tell themselves. Have you learned ways to honor and respect that sort of thing as a kind of truth in itself? I don't know if I have posed that question properly, and perhaps it is fodder for a new thread.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Master
Quote:

I wonder John - on a sort of unrelated topic... When you say that you are aware of the deeper reality below the surface in all your conversations... I too am this way. With some, I can see a vast disparity between what they are presenting to the world and the actual truth of who they are. I have a very good sense of people's intentions and I find oftentimes that I am interacting with people based on the truth I know rather than the story they are portraying. When people are not awake, they do not realize they are misrepresenting themselves. So I find myself in predicaments sometimes because I may "hear" something that they never said. And sometimes, it is so profound, that I don't hear at all what they actually said.

I would like to learn how to be more respectful of the protective story people tell themselves. Have you learned ways to honor and respect that sort of thing as a kind of truth in itself? I don't know if I have posed that question properly, and perhaps it is fodder for a new thread.

It the Kryon material, it speaks about how God/spirit honors, respects, and supports every reality perception that any person could have. It is the nature of God/spirit to love All That Is. In that reality, there is no good or evil, just esteem and affection for all ways of being.

Now when you elevate your way of being towards that of your higher self, your energetic essence or God Self, you take on the perspectives and the perceptions of your essence. When you do that, it is easy to accept all those in your life and their perceptions of reality.

I have found one interesting side effect to this that is worth mentioning. When you have a conversation with a person who presents a fictional reality and they are aware that you realize this, it does make the conversation uncomfortable for them. My step daughter has always been quite perceptive when it comes to me and I have noticed that she avoides conversations with me for that reason.

With most people this does not happen. They are asleep and are happy to be that way. I suspect that my step daughter is a sensitive. She has awareness about others that most of us do not have. I am happy to buy into whatever fiction she presents on any given day, however it does make her uncomfortable when I do that. Yet we never have a serious conversation about anything. It might be too much for her to deal with.

I hope I have understood and answered your question.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 25-04-2011, 03:08 AM
Master
Quote:
John,

I totally agree that telepathy is much more than a verbal experience. In my case, words are a very small part of what happens. It is more of a shared inner understanding of each other and of certain universal truths that can not (yet ...?) be translated into words. That is what I meant, it was a conversation I had with him in the physical world that seemed primitive and dissatisfying compared to our inner encounters.

I am currently reading a book which applies entanglement theory to extrasensory experiences, and it has me now certain that I am not imagining, but perceiving something. Rather than "extra-sensory", perhaps it is more appropriate for me to think of this as data perceived by a set of recently activated, and previously unknown senses. I do feel like it is possible to misinterpret certain aspects of what is taking place, which is why I have my doubts about talking to this individual when I do see him.

If a blind person spontaneously gains sight, they will certainly require an adaptation period before they can know how to confidently integrate visual information into their experience. The same is true for me, I think. I am observing every interaction carefully and writing everything down. As I look back over the last 9 months (that is when I began to understand that telepathy was taking place) I can see themes and there are certain things, feelings or what-have-you that are consistent and can be reproduced with predictable results. I am building my own personal database of how this works between us.

I hope that some day I can work with my partner to get a more comprehensive understanding of his experience of the same phenomena. That would definitely go a long way towards helping us both to understand it, but until then, I toil away at my own efforts to understand.

Hey Dulce...just meant to comment on this earlier...was v busy past few wks...now trying to clear my head. Just wanted to say, you are spot on, agreed on all point re: your perceptions and sensing or knowing who ppl are and where they are at, as opposed to limiting yourself to only what is said. If you can come to a place of trust with someone, there should be very little dissonance, but as you know that is not always the case in our day-to-day interaction with others.

You are so not mad in any way, shape or form. I have had similar experiences all my life, and as with your friend, they have only grown over time. You and John are both correct that the other forms of communication are equally real and valid...some of my best conversations may or may not have words and take place at night in dreams and visions.

And yet, you are also correct that they can be discounted in the "real world", although this does not have to happen. In fact it can, at its most authentic, add a layer of depth and meaning (without the stress, LOL...) to all other ways and times you may communicate.

Peace,
7L
Old 27-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Experiencer
I realise I'm late arriving to this thread, but I wanted to say how deeply I empathise with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
sometimes i wish my imaginary friends hadn't mentioned that they're in physical bodies. i think it'd be a whole lot easier for me to believe in them if they were disembodied like most folks' guide and angels. the physicality aspect of our relationship is distracting.

I am completely with you on this statement, IQ. I do talk to spirits and most of my "invisible friends" are spirit guides, but I have also had many telepathic conversations with someone who assures me he is inhabiting a physical body at the moment. This relationship has bothered me for a long time, far more than the conversations I have with spirits, though the two things are very much intertwined as this telepathic friend was introduced to me by my guides as someone who will be physically in my life at a later date. So if one is real, both are, or if one isn't, both aren't.

Like you, I compartmentalise these experiences as something quite seperate from my everyday life. The closest thing I have to physical proof that my experiences are valid are the feedback I have from people who tell me that they really resonate with what I say when I listen to my guides and communicate what they are saying to me in response to many of the questions I see on the forums here (in fact, anyone who reads my posts here might be surprised to find that I have such doubts). I'm aware that there are ways for me to prove, to myself if not to others, that my experiences are real. I could ask my guides questions I don't know the answer to and then look up the answers. I could practice mediumistic communication and try to bring forth information which I could not know other than by speaking to someone who has passed. I could ask my telepathic partner for his full name and address and look him up on google. I'm frankly absolutely terrified of doing any of these things. When I ask my spirit friends something that has the potential to offer proof of their validity I actually tense up in fear (which tends to muddle the communication I receive as I need to be relaxed). I don't know what is more frightening to me - the idea of finding they are figments of my imagination (which would would break my heart, as I truly love these people) or the idea of confirming to myself that the true nature of reality actually accommodates all of these things. For most of my life I was skeptical of spiritual and psychic phenomena and I think a large part of me just can't accept it.

I don't really have any suggestions for you, but I wanted to offer my empathy in a big way. Have you ever tried asking your companions for any personal information by which you might seek out proof of their physical existence? (And Dulce, do you think your fear as well as the public nature of your interactions with your partner inhibits you from trying to find out more information as well?)
Old 28-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Master
thank you, Westleigh. i appreciate the empathy. you've got mine too.

and yeah. i've asked for their phone numbers lol. i'm not the least afraid to find out one way or the other whether they're real or not. i find the ambiguity annoying. but they are not forthcoming with their phone numbers, giving reasons/excuses like "it's not time yet" and "we're not ready yet" or "this project is more complex than you know." and "timing is everything" yadda yadda. **shrug** i ain't buying any of it as "real" (outside it's compartment) and i won't unless/until i get the confirmation i've been promised. i'll continue to do the work because i can't block them out without ending up emotionally wrecked so it's just easier to go along with the program. and i must admit the work is fascinating. my curiousity is definately engaged. IF this stuff real it's going to be a VERY interesting era.

i do love the S.O.** but i can't help resenting not knowing for sure if they're real or if i'm just loving my imagination. i had worked so damn hard to be "normal" and now this whole thing is totally twerking my logic and screwing with my concept of rationality. if i ever actually meet them in their bodies i don't know which i'll do first ... hug em or slap em. lol

Last edited by Internal Queries : 28-04-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old 28-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Experiencer
Thanks, IQ. I know exactly what you mean about it wrecking your experience of normality! I honestly feel a little silly about it, because I have had some very powerful spiritual experiences which, if I only had more trust in myself, should prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that my experiences are legitimate. I get the "it's not time yet" thing from my guides a lot too - though I actually agree with them that it isn't because I think I need to resolve my fear of the situation first. Can I ask if you have ever tried to connect with a spirit guide? I think telepathic comunication is very similar whether it is with spirit or physical so you should be able to do that if you want to. I'm not sure if it would be of help, but I find my own spirit guidance very valuable.

Actually, the differences in the communication with guides and with my physical friend is interesting. Firstly, my telepathic partner is more difficult to establish a connection with - it can often take a while to do it. Secondly, my guides are available to talk to me whenever I like, whereas sometimes my telepathic partner is busy at work, or driving, or even asleep (I remember trying to speak to him in the middle of the night once and couldn't because he was asleep). Since we often talk at night, I've even felt him doze off in the middle of a conversation before! I got to know his daily schedule quite well. I'm guessing your companions are the same way. This contrast is of some reassurance to me because if this was all my imagining, surely the communication would work the same way, not display these exceptions.

Try as I might, though, while I've come across many people out there who have the spirit communication experience, I can't seem to find anyone online claiming to have telepathic conversations with other human beings at this level of clarity who has had the experience physically verified by the other person. This is frustrating, because it would be a reassurance to know that others do it too, and with people they know as physical friends. I'd love to meet two people who say "yes, we talk telepathically all the time and have tested and verified what we are receiving from one another [insert anecdotes about experiences here]".

I'd be interested to hear more about the work you do with your companions if you are willing to share it. It sounds extremely interesting.
Old 28-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Tindra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Actually, the differences in the communication with guides and with my physical friend is interesting. Firstly, my telepathic partner is more difficult to establish a connection with - it can often take a while to do it. Secondly, my guides are available to talk to me whenever I like, whereas sometimes my telepathic partner is busy at work, or driving, or even asleep (I remember trying to speak to him in the middle of the night once and couldn't because he was asleep). Since we often talk at night, I've even felt him doze off in the middle of a conversation before! I got to know his daily schedule quite well. I'm guessing your companions are the same way.

I am experiencing the same thing. When the man I am connected with is asleep, I cannot reach him. I have also avoided it since I don't want to wake him up. When it started, I had not a clue who he was. I later found out that he lived a few hundred miles away and in the same time zone. Because of the strength of the connection I soon adjusted to his sleep schedule. I was working from home at the time so it was not much of a problem. He has insomnia and often awake until 4-5 in the morning and sleeps until 2 pm. For awhile, I developed insomnia too, which was very unusual since I am one of those people who can fall asleep within seconds. I would also wake up in the morning, be ready to get up, and I would feel him pull me back into bed, thinking to me, "you are not going anywhere" (later confirmed).

Now that I live some thousands of miles away, and am mostly online with him when both of us are awake, I rarely get the opportunity to chat with him telepathically. The telepathic bits often add to the regular conversations, but the more lengthy conversations are not needed much anymore. There are times that I am not at home right when he wakes up, but I always feel when he does. It is as if I am one, and then suddenly I am two in one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Try as I might, though, while I've come across many people out there who have the spirit communication experience, I can't seem to find anyone online claiming to have telepathic conversations with other human beings at this level of clarity who has had the experience physically verified by the other person. This is frustrating, because it would be a reassurance to know that others do it too, and with people they know as physical friends. I'd love to meet two people who say "yes, we talk telepathically all the time and have tested and verified what we are receiving from one another [insert anecdotes about experiences here]".

I am one of those who have had, and are having, such telepathic conversations all the time and many of them have been confirmed.

Let's see... emotions are the easiest. For example, I was upset one night because I missed him, and he called on the phone to make me feel better. Similarly, I can feel what he is feeling most of the time.

I received tons of information about him before he and I met (name, appearance, attitude, values, etc.) but he did not get the same from me. He just knew he would meet me soon and was often out searching for me. So, initially it was not a completely two-way thing because he was not consciously aware of the communication, even though it was confirmed later that the information I had received was accurate.

Later, after we found eachother in real life, when we were in contact (email, chat, phone) we had a lot more telepathic conversations that were mutual (both consciously aware of the conversations as they were taking place and what was being discussed). For example, he and I had a long conversation about children, marriage, careers, and where to live and such things. He told me something personal, something I did not expect. Later that evening, we continued the conversation through chat and he told me about the previous telepathic conversation and repeated what I had heard telepathically earlier that day, to make certain that I understood him. This conversation took place before we had met in person.

At one time, I was flying out to be with him and I got stuck in customs (their computer system was down). He was at the airport to pick me up. I asked the customs if I could borrow a phone, but that was apparently not possible. So, I sent out telepathically, over and over, what had happened and where I was. He told me to relax and not to worry and that he was not worried at all and would wait for as long as it was necessary. Two hours later, when I was released from customs, I found him and told him what had happened. He replied, "I know. You told me, and I told you not to worry."

One evening not too long ago, he and I were talking online and he said, "let's just finish this video, and then you can go and pee." I asked how he knew, if my voice had sounded impatient or... and he just replied, "I just knew. I could feel it."

Similarly, I can pick up things from him. Food preferences changed almost completely and I am now a vegetarian, like he is. Libido increased (men think about sex way more often) and he knows when I want to be close to him. I did get carried away once at a time that was not convenient for him and that had some err... consequences, so I do keep such things under wraps for times when I know he is available.

Maybe I should experiment more than I have, I just have not felt the need to do so. There are so much information that flows back and forth anyway, and I get confirmation on pretty much a daily basis. There are more people out there who communicate in this way. I don't think it is that unusual.