Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-12-2014, 11:59 AM
satsujin

@ScarlettHayden:

Nah. wouldn't work. How would you handle:

She was the most interesting person I talked to.

OR

I was blown away by her beauty.

Thought by third person you meant refer to yourself by name.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsujin
@ScarlettHayden:

Nah. wouldn't work. How would you handle:

She was the most interesting person I talked to.

OR

I was blown away by her beauty.

"She was the most interesting person he talked to"

"He was blown away by her beauty"

I am having trouble understanding here.. by referring to yourself in third person you're saying that it's still a referring to oneself, even though it's not a direct reference? Because switching the pronoun over to 'oneself' instead is still pretty much the same thing.

You could of course just not use pronouns at all and change the way you use and structure the English language.. but then no one would understand you.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:06 PM
satsujin

No he and she is not referring to oneself but using those gender specific words would cause problems when referring to someone else of the same gender.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
No he and she is not referring to oneself but using those gender specific words would cause problems when referring to someone else of the same gender.

Well that's where you'd use names..

"Scarlett is talking to satsujin"
Old 04-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Master

talking about oneself in the third person is a sign of a problem.psychologically.

be whom you are.

kk
Old 04-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Master
Pretty good idea I reckon. (oops, I said I) ... (dang there I go again) ... sheesh, this is hard.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Currently trying a interesting spiritual exercise where one does not refer to the self using words like "I, me, mine" etc. Not sure if the word "one" is a good alternative. Problems also seem stronger with sentences like "This is my experience" and "It is mine". Has anyone else tried this experiment and maybe help if possible?
May I suggest a god's eye view where you simply describe things as they are. Rather than "I drive a blue car", try "this human drives a blue car". Rather than "my sister drives me nuts" try "[insert sister's name] triggers irritation when in close proximity to her siblings". Basically just observe things are they are without making it personal.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Currently trying a interesting spiritual exercise where one does not refer to the self using words like "I, me, mine" etc. Not sure if the word "one" is a good alternative. Problems also seem stronger with sentences like "This is my experience" and "It is mine". Has anyone else tried this experiment and maybe help if possible
It's much more simple when you put the words into context and stop drawing imaginary lines in the non-existent sand. Words convey and are the expression of our consciousness, not our consciousness itself. Look behind the mask of the words.

"This is my experience" and "It is mine" Yeah, I get your drift. Me, mine, self, One.... what's the difference? One doesn't have a problem, does One?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Thumbs up

My take:

"This Being in me looking thru my eyes is now experiencing
what it is like to
hit a thumb with a hammer!"

"This Divine Spirit looking out of my eyes (or out of these eyes) is now experiencing
what it is to be on earth late for work in traffic."

"God within me, using me to experience this 3rd Dimensional
playground for Himself, is now experiencing vanilla Italian gelato!"

This is how I could make your idea practically work for me....bec there is
a 'me'...a wonderful extention of my Creator and 'I' will always be.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Master
Quote:
@WonderLau:
The loss of the sense of self is an integral part of what those who have felt nonduality experience. They don't see themselves as seperate ---- just oneness with everything. Anyway, this is just an interesting experiment.

It's not about losing your sense of self, it's about feeling one with everything and still have your sense of self. That's the ultimate goal, not losing yourself by merging with everything.
The way you are going about it, is from the brain. You can only achieve this state of feeling one when you are ready for it, and it comes from within, from the heart. NOT the head = without, not within.
You're working yourself into a psychoses or other psychological problem. And I suspect this method will get you further and further away from what you want to achieve ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderLau
Why would you want to disconnect from the self? You are God's beautiful creation, exactly as you are, human and divine. Your experience is your own, because you are God's expression, in your own way. He made us singular for one reason.
I absolutely believe that we are connected to The One, but I also believe our singularity serves us very well. Why deny it?
I totally agree with this. Like I said, it is NOT the idea to lose yourself, it's the idea to feel connected with everything and everyone from within (the heart) AND still have your individuality, so your sense of self. You can NOT feel a sense of oneness if you aren't an individual!

And this:
Quote:
talking about oneself in the third person is a sign of a problem.psychologically.
If you convince yourself you are not an individual, how can you experience oneness? In order to feel that, be aware of that, you need to be an individual ...