Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 20-01-2020, 10:21 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Yes, God is love and Divine Retribution is an act of love...love for other species which are being abused and driven to extinction by human greed, pride and arrogance....one day the balance is going to irreversibly tip and God will apply self management to rectify the damage caused.

...but like I said, take this as you find it.

What I feel sad for are the innocents, but then again everyone is responsible in this chain, whether we know it or not right?

Jl
Old 21-01-2020, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
What I feel sad for are the innocents, but then again everyone is responsible in this chain, whether we know it or not right?

Jl
What about the dinosaurs who got killed off 65-66 million years ago? Whose fault was that?

And before that, about 90% of life disappeared from the face of the Earth. Whose fault was that?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-01-2020, 04:50 AM
janielee

“How then should I love God?’ You should love God non-mentally, that is to say the soul should become non-mental and stripped of her mental images. For as long as your soul is mental, she will possess images. As long as she has images, she will possess intermediaries, and as long as she has intermediaries, she will not have unity or simplicity. As long as she lacks simplicity, she does not truly love God, for true love depends upon simplicity . . . Indeed, you must love him as he is One, pure, simple and transparent, far from all duality. And we should eternally sink into this One, thus passing from something into nothing. So help us God. Amen.”

― Meister Eckhart, Selected Writings
Old 21-01-2020, 10:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What about the dinosaurs who got killed off 65-66 million years ago? Whose fault was that?

And before that, about 90% of life disappeared from the face of the Earth. Whose fault was that?
after each of those extinctions life became more diverse. It made room for new life. If it wasn't for those events we probably wouldn't be here. So many people fear change and want to blame something when things do the only thing you can really blame is natural selection. This made me think of one of my favorite trees . The Ginkgo tree. Somehow that tree survived 250, million years. How could a large plant survive 3 mass extinctions? It's something special. That tree really has a place on Earth. It's even crazier that humans saved it from natural extinction. Another crazy fact about this tree it's one of the only living things that survived the in the bombing sight of heroshema in China. That's 250 million years of natural selection at play.
Old 21-01-2020, 10:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
are you talking about God or yourself? I believe you learn who you really are " self realization" by doing the things you mentioned. Physical pursuits, romance and adventure. If you place yourself in a box to be "preserved". How will you ever know anything else? Make mistakes, you will suffer from the mistakes but you'll learn from every one of them. You'll learn who you are as a individual. It can be hard but you'll become more the just someone who follows one small set of ideas

Yes that is the flip side of the coin. If you LIVE you learn. However if you shelter yourself you remain intact.

Experience is a valid goal, but so is virginity (spiritual) and innocence. I feel like I have burnt out and I wish I had looked after myself more. But would I know what I know today had I taken a sheltered path? No I would not.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 21-01-2020, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Yes that is the flip side of the coin. If you LIVE you learn. However if you shelter yourself you remain intact.

Experience is a valid goal, but so is virginity (spiritual) and innocence. I feel like I have burnt out and I wish I had looked after myself more. But would I know what I know today had I taken a sheltered path? No I would not.
is it possible to have both experience and innocence? Is innocence and being genuine similar? Or are you talking about spiritual innocence? "Uncorrupted or pure"? If so, both can happen at the same time.
Old 22-01-2020, 02:55 AM
Master
Quote:
after each of those extinctions life became more diverse. It made room for new life. If it wasn't for those events we probably wouldn't be here. So many people fear change and want to blame something when things do the only thing you can really blame is natural selection. This made me think of one of my favorite trees . The Ginkgo tree. Somehow that tree survived 250, million years. How could a large plant survive 3 mass extinctions? It's something special. That tree really has a place on Earth. It's even crazier that humans saved it from natural extinction. Another crazy fact about this tree it's one of the only living things that survived the in the bombing sight of heroshema in China. That's 250 million years of natural selection at play.
A key word you wrote is "fear".

Over the decades I have listened to people pray for "Mother Earth's" well being and for her own evolution. Both expressions seem to be in contrast to the other.

How can this be?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
A key word you wrote is "fear".

Over the decades I have listened to people pray for "Mother Earth's" well being and for her own evolution. Both expressions seem to be in contrast to the other.

How can this be?
yes, people do fear change. Sometimes that change can be devastating in the short term. We have the need to keep everything the same. On the subject of trees. Where I live there's a invasive insect introduced killing off a lot of common ash trees here. The similar thing happened many years ago to the elm tree. What would happen if a different tree came into the picture to replace what died off? We would call it invasive and try eliminate it. I think about the ginkgo tree as that replacement. But over that 250 million years. It has created such a defense that an extreme few insects want anything to do with it. "No insects for bird's to eat" The evolutionary story of this tree is what made me so interested in Earth distant past. Over the years it became a master of survival. The tree is either male or female plants but if needed to survive they can even change sex. An extremely rare ability in nature.
Old 22-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Master
Quote:
yes, people do fear change. Sometimes that change can be devastating in the short term. We have the need to keep everything the same. On the subject of trees. Where I live there's a invasive insect introduced killing off a lot of common ash trees here. The similar thing happened many years ago to the elm tree. What would happen if a different tree came into the picture to replace what died off? We would call it invasive and try eliminate it. I think about the ginkgo tree as that replacement. But over that 250 million years. It has created such a defense that an extreme few insects want anything to do with it. "No insects for bird's to eat" The evolutionary story of this tree is what made me so interested in Earth distant past. Over the years it became a master of survival. The tree is either male or female plants but if needed to survive they can even change sex. An extremely rare ability in nature.

Just think.... if the meteorite of about 65-66 million years did not arrive in modern day Mexico, the dinosaurs might still be alive. Which makes you wonder, would us humans be the dinosaurs pets or part of their diet?

Old 22-01-2020, 02:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

Your last thought, is an expression I suspect everybody parrots sometimes during their life. Just think of it as part of life.