Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
What is the aversion to people claiming they are God?

The people who say "we are all God". Each of us is THE ONE. Each of us is God, the infinite God, made manifest.

Why is there such a resistance?
It is because we are naturally repelled by people who blatantly lie.
We are reluctant to engage with people who are clearly delusional and have lost contact with everyday reality.

If we are the infinite God made manifest why are we all finite, in life span, in powers, etc?
To say 'we are all God' is no argument. If it is, then prove to us that you, personally, are God and can do things we think God should be able to do.
I shall leave the method of proof up to you to allow you the greatest way of freedom.
Old 22-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Master

Quote:
I think every single one of us realize this on a deep level. That we are it. The mystery. The infinite. GOD! Perhaps part of the rules of incarnation is we must all agree "ok, you can't go around claiming you are the one, that would ruin the illusion for everybody else". And we all have this sub-conscious agreement, for reasons unknown, that we will all keep our ultimate identity a secret. That we will all do our best to make do with what we have (the ego) and not use our forbidden powers (God powers).

If someone manages somehow to tap into their God powers (no idea what god powers are... sounds cool tho. lol) and can finally self-realize and say with convinction "I AM GODDDD" or maybe "i am god!" or... "i am god -_-" lol. If someone manages to break the spell, suddenly everyone else and their ego is like "if I can't do it, you can't. you are not God. You are not God because I can't be God, so you can't". And that is the end of it. their ego is such a strong pursuader that they lose the battle before they realize a battle is taking place.

I think I understand the perspective you're looking at. Power! Extra ordinary. We probably do have such power within no person has ever manifested that is natural. We certainly teach ourselves no and this is the gift we were given and I think we give. You have to decide on that. Without going into explanation of energy and god sparks, etc, is, I believe it possible within us of course the subconscious or HS, it would be there. Remember what Jesus said about the mountaintop and to date not any have been able to do it. By why?

To do such a thing would require absolute and total dedication, training, and practice to even include passing it on to one's offspring. 100% of your time and 100% of the time. Good luck trying to do this in your 20's, 30's, or 40's with the gift you were given and with all the barriers of the mind. A lot of people are simply not into what you talk about. A person may be looking for peace and balance, and that is their power. A person may seek wealth, money, power, and that is their power. Their energy is focused here. If anything, it requires a choice. A person can only do one thing at a time, no two thoughts can occupy the same moment in the mind. There can be only one observation. It would probably even include withdrawing from society.

I've thought about your question as to why not and this is what I see.

You talked about the ego and the sense of me. If anything I'd say the idea of soul is a better analogy the ego would see in retaining the sense of me that moves on. Putting aside any idea of proof I think there is the presence of God in the form of energy of every atom that which we call life force so it is everywhere in everything where the Universe is not dead matter and we are alive, nothing is dead, everything is energy, everything is source.
Old 23-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Master
It is difficult...very difficult to see or think of oneself as being 'God' when they have received a direct, external validation and reinforcement from the 'Great Deva' himself! How can I, a mere humble mortal, ever compare to that?

I have tried to be accommodating to those who tell me that "I am Shiva" or "Shiva is just a state of consciousness and not a true being" and all I could say was "please tell that to the God who just blessed me with his darshan".

Then they will say "you didn't really see anything, you only imagined it" or "your belief makes it so" or "it was only a dream" and I am like "and you, who did not personally experience it, can say with 100% certainty this is the case?" and they say "yes, I can" and I just laugh out loud.

Still, I was quite perplexed. How can a few people on this forum not see Shiva as a God outside of themselves and if they admit to being God themselves, why say it is Shiva (Shivoham)? Why not just call it 'Flying Spaghetti Monster' or be done with giving 'God' any title whatsoever?...so something must have existed as being a 'Shiva' for people to equate the name/ideal with a state of consciousness, right? I mean, it's only logical, or else everything would just be 'Flying Spaghetti Monster' or 'Invisible Pink Unicorn' or else have no labels/names at all - aka Taoism.

I was much relieved to discover this "I am God" thing is basically an internet pandemic where anonymity allows one to say anything at all without it translating into 'real life' whatsoever.

As for asking the universe 'please explain?'...the universe provided me with answers whilst I was watching "Ancient Aliens - Shiva the Destroyer" and the episode began by saying that millions of Hindus believe that Lord Shiva is a living entity who once walked and continues to walk the face of this planet!.... YAY!! I am not alone!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvtvZKMLA3k

As far as I am aware, Lord Shiva (Ashtaroth, Hermes Trismegistus) is a Divine, Celestial Being who is the founder/leader of the Sananda Initiative which became translated as Sanatana Dharma or...Hinduism. He brought to the human population the Vedic knowledge of Yoga and Brahman - the notion of unity with a Cosmic Consciousness existing separate from the ego and He has even said to me; "I am Brahman, you are Brahman, but I am not you by way of direct causality". Thus, His formless representation as Sadashiva (beyond Shiva) is equatable to Brahman without Mayaic/Sagun inference. His form as Maharajah Dewata (Mahadeva) is that which I perceive, but it still exists as being relative to me and the soul within (jiva).

So, the documentary went on to say that Shiva came from another planet/different dimension (perhaps in the constellation of Taurus from my summation) and the portals to that dimension can be found at Mt. Kailash and also under the Allora Caves and one may also exist at Arunachala. So it became that a God could share the same name as a state of consciousness which also represented him at a level beyond the existential. It also boils down, essentially, to non-being anyway. I have realised Brahman for myself and could not say "I am God". All I got from that blissful experience was "God is everything/everywhere and I don't even exist at that level".

So now, whenever people say "I am that" or "I am God" it all sounds like they are very happy chewing on mental chewing gum in regards to it all, still stuck in subject/object duality land.

Don't get me wrong, I worship Lord Shiva in full-on duality myself while my heart chews gum, but saying "I am God" or even "I love God" is still an illusion nonetheless when saying "God IS" is closer to the ultimate truth of the whole matter. No "I" gets involved whatsoever and I can only achieve that state through the loving worship of Lord Shiva who does exist as a Divine Being (which gets translated into "God" by humans) apart or separate from who/what "I" am.

Saying that "I am God" is like saying that a lump of coal is a diamond because they are both made up of carbon atoms. That a drop of water is the ocean because both are comprised of H2O molecules...that a grain of sand is the whole beach and that a star is the entire universe and yet, it's only at the smallest representational level the human mind can fathom the unfathomable. Thus the mind cannot and will never be able to transcend itself and this is where grace and unconditional love gets involved in the equation.

So, at the moment I am in full-on worship of the Shiva Lingam as being representative of Shiva's cosmic energies, with Lord Shiva being the Atma Lingam (Image of the Soul) to try and slowly distance myself from full-on physical representation in total alignment with my Tantric Agama lineage and heritage and the realisation that the Jyotir Lingam (Image of Light) is my truest inner-nature. This is totally independent to the historical form of a living Deity, although the Deity (Ishvara) will still be loved and fully acknowledged as being thus. While ever we are in human form, any association with a manifest Divinity will be inevitable as being who 'we are' or who 'we are not'.

There is another realisation/problem my ego is facing much greater than "I am God". That's nothing after being told that I am the living Goddess! I am Kali...Parvati incarnated! I'm like "NO WAY!...can't BE!...the scriptures never foretold this!...I am nowhere near as pious as Sati...nowhere near as brave as Durga...NO! just NO!!!" I really don't like this explanation, even though it explains a hell of a lot of what has happened throughout my whole life. So I approached Shiva with it and he said that I epitomise Maya Shakti, both in essence (kundalini) and also in action (kriya) and I am performing his will with all of the love that only his true Goddess can have. That makes me feel a little better, but still not totally at ease with it.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to get my head around the Shiva Lingam representing an ancient nuclear reactor which needs to be 'cooled down' by regular abhishek, the Nataraja statue at Cern, Switzerland representing the Higgs-Boson particle and the saint Theravada travelling to Greece and given the name Therapius and hence where the English word 'therapy' comes from...and my poor mind is saying "ENOUGH, Necro! or you will need it!!!". lol

Yeah, the human mind just wasn't meant to know this much.
Old 23-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
What is the aversion to people claiming they are God?

In case they happen to be?

"He" has a few tricks up his sleeve for people he doesn't like.
What if an entity calling "him"self God turned up?

Old 23-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
In case they happen to be?

"He" has a few tricks up his sleeve for people he doesn't like.
What if an entity calling "him"self God turned up?

Ha ha,

God in the way that the western world might interpret him would be able to do anything. If he's not turning water into wine or parting the red sea where is the proof that the claimant is God?

"Ah it could be a test" they cry "this mad man may be God" - indeed but God also doesn't like false Gods so your damned if you do & damned if you don't ... ah that's where that term comes from!

<- he is risen, he is the light of the world ...

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 24-08-2017, 05:57 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
God in the way that the western world might interpret him would be able to do anything. If he's not turning water into wine or parting the red sea where is the proof that the claimant is God?
If God what he/she/it is claimed to be, whether this is interpreted in a western or eastern way, it should be clear that we, as long as there is any sense of I, or personification, or personality, can never equate to God even remotely.

The use of I in any sentence like 'I am God' or similar, instantly separates and disqualifies one to say anything about it.

One might be able to say something if one has become a complete non-entity but then one would not use I.
Old 24-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
If God what he/she/it is claimed to be, whether this is interpreted in a western or eastern way, it should be clear that we, as long as there is any sense of I, or personification, or personality, can never equate to God even remotely.

The use of I in any sentence like 'I am God' or similar, instantly separates and disqualifies one to say anything about it.

One might be able to say something if one has become a complete non-entity but then one would not use I.

I hear you (look at my signature)

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain