Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-02-2019, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Just a thought ... what if it is the other way around, meaning, why do we not show ourselves to God?
Hahahah, clever...but, it doesn't take too much soul searching to know why not.
Ha:
''Love bade me welcome,
Yet my soul drew back.''

-George Herbert, priest, 16th c

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Suggesting that I should look at mountains, forests, flowers, crashing waves and all the rest isn't (once again)
a response which I can accept.

I'd go so far as to say that he/she/it cannot show itself in the sense
I have suggested simply because the laws of the universe don't allow it.
Nor should you accept it!!!!
You are special, in that you want more!

God in mountains?...sure in some Cosmic Consciousness altered state you can
have that happen.... it happens to 2 people in 1000! And it is magical and sublime and changes
your entire perspective of reality for life!!

We are uniquely made to see God face to face as Jacob did
'and yet survived and named that place Peniel'. (also Penuel)
Thousands of years ago Peniel pretty darn close to pineal!
Gen 30.

I say, Don't get hung up on the whys of why God isn't more available...
just find out how you can esp Him directly.

Certain gurus or yogis, swamis can tell you exactly....exactly
how you can see God within yourself.
(And then some have

only pretty words that inspire, that really offer nothing more.)

Research tags: Sant Mat, rhadasoami, raja yoga, Kriya yoga, third eye, pineal gland

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-02-2019, 04:36 PM
janielee

The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”

― Meister Eckhart, Sermons of Meister Eckhart

Miss Hepburn - yes, it was delightful to read him again!

JL
Old 07-02-2019, 04:39 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Just to recap, I didn't say I wanted to see God as I see a cow. I asked why he/she/it doesn't show itself. Suggesting that I should look at mountains, forests, flowers, crashing waves and all the rest isn't (once again) a response which I can accept. I know all that and I am just as impressed as everyone else here about our planet, solar system, galaxy and universe.

I'd go so far as to say that he/she/it cannot show itself in the sense I have suggested simply because the laws of the universe don't allow it.

The fact that Mystics know God intimately and you cannot shows that it's not the laws of the universe, it's something different, isn't it?

It's the difference between someone wanting something (standing at the foot of the path) with those that have walked that trail.

The joy and Gnosis of the mystics is incomparable yet consistent between them. Therefore, it stands to see that just because you don't perceive God, does not mean God (whatever God is) does not exist or does not make It known to you.

To see God, you would have to Know God, to Know God you would have to open yourself to Him/It/Her. To open yourself to God, you would have to practice God, to practice God, you would have to know the practices of God. To know the practices of God, you would have to study God. To study God, you would have to learn from those that TRULY know God.

JL
Old 07-02-2019, 04:42 PM
janielee

Whoever possesses God in their being, has him in a divine manner, and he shines out to them in all things; for them all things taste of God and in all things it is God's image that they see.

- Meister Eckhart
Old 07-02-2019, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
... for them all things taste of God and in all things it is God's image that they see.
I would say, rather, that "in all things is that which is called God's presence that they cognizantly sense/feel."

"Constant yearning for the knowledge of Self, and pondering over the lessons of the great Truth – this is Wisdom, all else ignorance.
I will speak to thee now of that great Truth which man ought to know, since by its means he will win immortal bliss – that which is without beginning, the Eternal Spirit which dwells in Me, neither with form, nor yet without it.
Everywhere are Its hands and Its feet; everywhere It has eyes that see, heads that think and mouths that speak; everywhere It listens; It dwells in all the worlds; It envelops them all.
Beyond the senses, It yet shines through every sense perception. Bound to nothing, It yet sustains everything. Unaffected by the Qualities, It still enjoys them all.
It is within all beings, yet outside; motionless yet moving; too subtle to be perceived; far away yet always near.
In all beings undivided, yet living in division, It is the upholder of all, Creator and Destroyer alike;
It is the Light of lights, beyond the reach of darkness; the Wisdom, the only thing that is worth knowing or that wisdom can teach; the Presence in the hearts of all."

- The Bhagavad Gita ('the Song of God'), Ch.13
Old 08-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Master

Let’s put it this way ... God is seen, felt, experienced in the now-continuum.

Our attention usually oscillates and is mostly in the past or future, not in the now. Even during contemplation or inattentive meditation, our consciousness is anchored in the limited ‘doer aspect’ ... until we dissolve into the stream of Oneness, in as annihilating our identity, our personality. Only then are we truly in the now.

What then? Once in the now, we see God, experience God.

Rephrased, we may say that as long as we are glued to the ego domain, we are not in the now continuum which is where God is.

In other words, it is we who do not show ourselves to God, not the other way around!

Old 08-02-2019, 06:08 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
***Let’s put it this way ... God is seen, felt, experienced in the now-continuum.
Our attention usually oscillates and is mostly in the past or future, not in the now. Even during contemplation or inattentive meditation, our consciousness is anchored in the limited ‘doer aspect’ ... until we dissolve into the stream of Oneness, in as annihilating our identity, our personality. Only then are we truly in the now.
What then? Once in the now, we see God, experience God.
Rephrased, we may say that as long as we are glued to the ego domain, we are not in the now continuum which is where God is.

In other words, it is we who do not show ourselves to God,
not the other way around!
Exactly.

If I may ...I would like to talk a bit more on that one last sentence.
Yes, that is a good way to put it.

I would say, also, we need to prepare a place to exp God, for God to reveal Himself...from my many experiences of this happening...
there is a stillness beyond what most have imagined...almost a
breathless peace...then, the place has been set.
At this time it is like a veil lifts to what has already been there.
What lifted the veil?
You began the process by your waiting, your desire, your faith, your steadfastness and consistency...
you quieting the mind/thought/ego system of individuality....to just be still.

This is the invitation to the Divine Who finally comes out from behind this very thin curtain.
You have allowed this to occur.

What you may think as impossible or would not have happened to you for many lifetimes, as if, this only
happens for Yogis...is not true...it is a limitation the mind has created and you have fallen for it.

Sit...be still...for hours...reach that sincerity of ❤️...God
can not resist appearing.

It is guaranteed.

Old 09-02-2019, 03:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Exactly.

If I may ...I would like to talk a bit more on that one last sentence.
Yes, that is a good way to put it.

I would say, also, we need to prepare a place to exp God, for God to reveal Himself...from my many experiences of this happening...
there is a stillness beyond what most have imagined...almost a
breathless peace...then, the place has been set.
At this time it is like a veil lifts to what has already been there.
What lifted the veil?
You began the process by your waiting, your desire, your faith, your steadfastness and consistency...
you quieting the mind/thought/ego system of individuality....to just be still.

This is the invitation to the Divine Who finally comes out from behind this very thin curtain.
You have allowed this to occur.

What you may think as impossible or would not have happened to you for many lifetimes, as if, this only
happens for Yogis...is not true...it is a limitation the mind has created and you have fallen for it.

Sit...be still...for hours...reach that sincerity of ❤️...God
can not resist appearing.

It is guaranteed.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
The fact that Mystics know God intimately and you cannot shows that it's not the laws of the universe, it's something different, isn't it?

It's the difference between someone wanting something (standing at the foot of the path) with those that have walked that trail.

The joy and Gnosis of the mystics is incomparable yet consistent between them. Therefore, it stands to see that just because you don't perceive God, does not mean God (whatever God is) does not exist or does not make It known to you.

To see God, you would have to Know God, to Know God you would have to open yourself to Him/It/Her. To open yourself to God, you would have to practice God, to practice God, you would have to know the practices of God. To know the practices of God, you would have to study God. To study God, you would have to learn from those that TRULY know God.

JL

I didn't say that I don't or haven't perceived God. I asked, for the umpteenth time why he doesn't show (him)self.
In fact I know this 'thing' we call God probably better than a lot of people, which is one of the reasons I am on this forum.

Maybe janielee your statement that there are those who TRULY know God needs your input to tell us just how that works.