Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 12-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
My fiance' was a cutter. He has some pretty nasty scars on his arms from his younger years. He told me that it is the only way he felt "real". That it seemed life was just a dream and cutting said he was alive. That was over 10 years ago, he also found Buddhism and since then, has never cut again.

You can heal from it internally, find other sources for your anger and maybe find why it is you are so angry. Working through the emotions and dispelling them will help a lot.

Wish you the best :)

This is so true! A friend of mine was a cutter. She has developed a very mature spiritual outlook but when she did cut, she said she was spiritually, emotionally and physically ungrounded. Cutting was a way to release her emotional hurts, reonnect with her body and feel alive.
Old 13-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Medium_Laura

I agree it's ungrounded. Not feeling part of your body. I often wonder if these souls have a harder time acclimating to the physical world because they are highly evolved souls. My fiance' can talk about things that are so far out there with absolute clarity. Boggles my mind.
Old 18-09-2011, 05:38 AM
Seeker

M wife has had suciadal tendancies, major panic attacks, phases of cutting and is an over eater. As already said, Its a way to deal with some massive hurt in your life and cutting is one of the ways to cope.

Firstly, God is unconditionally loving. UNCONDITIONAL being the operative word. And heaven will always be your home. Don't ever think otherwise. You cannot do anything to change that. No matter what. And any one that tells you otherwise, on this fact, is simply wrong.

Remembering this fact on a regular basis is the tricky part. In terms of your addiction, my experiance has taught me, its caused by a very sensative being, exposed to a massively negaitve environment over most of the persons life, causing all sorts of emotional pain and energy blocks. This is usually (not always) played out in what seems like over/under balanced parenting.

The way out is to start expressing your real feelings in a safe environment, over time. Maybe in a trusted councilors office or something equivalint (a good one though). Eventually you change your thought patterns, from disdructive thoughts to thoughts of self appreciation and the cutting urges will stop by itself over time. Make sure you get the right help. Its all about changing life long subconcious habits to ones that honor you.

There are some great techniques such as EFT, and chakra clearing to help in letting go of the thought patterns that keep the past pain in play. keep asking for help on this site too. There are some amazingly loving people on here that are more than willing to help.

I don't know if you have seen the film clip from Pink called '****ing perfect'. My wife said its her life story.

Just my opions. Take care of yourself,

Love,

Josh
Old 18-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Sungirl

Another little thing I do when stuff gets too much is journal. When my head is full I either blog here or I write in one of my 2 journals. I have a home one and one that lives in my bag. It doesn't even have to make much sense... it's just a form of venting. I tend to like blogging here because I feel like someone is listening, although I know Spirit listens to what i write in my book.

The one at home is also in my therapy room, which is my safe place. It is my sanctuary, so I am also wrapped in beautiful safe energies when I write in there too. Sometimes I like to just go and sit in there, or curl up on the floor and feel hugged.