Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 21-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
Lost 40 lbs and that's without a lot of exercise.

40 LBS?!!

That's crazy.

When I skipped cheese I lost about 15kg with no effort at all. That's about 30 pounds or so.

You must be so happy.

I felt like a miracle happened to me when I lost that weight.
Old 21-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Ascender
i'm very happy, yes.
ready for more to come off lol

this is such a better way for it to happen. slow process. instead of the crazy strict calorie counting Nazi wear myself out with workouts stuff I used to do. lose fast, gain back even faster haha

huge lifestyle change :)
Old 21-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Experiencer
way to go

and I like your signature:

all good things are wild and free

Old 23-11-2015, 12:27 AM
Master
Oh man the donuts. Those tasty little buggers are one of my chief nemesis other than chocolate itself. I have such a sweet tooth--again I'm wondering if it's lack of iron like someone suggested. You are a strong woman to manage to avoid them when they're in your face 24/7. It's a little easier where I work. Potlucks can be a problem sometimes tho haha.

Congrats on losing all that weight tho, I did as well--I started eating healthier and being more active--lost about 10. Then I went to a primarily raw/raw vegan/vegan diet, began yoga, and the last 20 just slid off like nobody's business.

Skin looks better too and I poop more regularly, lol. Did a lot of this happen for you too?
Old 24-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
Skin looks better too and I poop more regularly, lol. Did a lot of this happen for you too?

Poop, or the absence of it can tell a lot about your metabolism. Whether it's hard or soft or regular or not. I don't go every day but that doesn't mean my digestion is jammed or so. It has actually become very effective and dynamic to respond to the current situation in terms of energy demands and available food.
Before I went vegetarian my digestion was like and old Volkswagen van: nice thing to have but it will never get anything anymore. Today, now that I eat vegan, it's like a Ferrari: controlled massive power available at an instance.
I can easily skip lunch and go for a long walk. Won't make me feel hungry or thirsty at all. And when I come back after 2 or 3 hours just take a regular bite in the afternoon.

Soft poop means you have sufficient fibers in your food and that is a more comfortable way to get rid of food residues.
Sticky poop can be an indication of too many proteins.
So if I skip the toilet for a day it just means my body needs more nutritions from my food then I expected. My body puzzles me day by day.

Red poop means you ate something red the day before
Old 24-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
Hi there Heaven!

Sorry I replied so late,
I lost track of this topic.

No need to apologize!! Too many threads and too many comments to keep track of. Hope you been good!
Old 24-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
No need to apologize!! Too many threads and too many comments to keep track of. Hope you been good!

I'm fine. I'm great.

Hope you are good too!
Old 30-03-2016, 06:01 AM
Ascender
Almost made it 1 year without meat lol

You know what I ate? A steak. A fat, juicy one. Plus some other cravings I wanted to knock out of the way. Right off the bat, my stomach was tore up. My number 2 trips to the bathroom also hurt since I had been so used to mostly plant based eating. Lower energy, over all ****** feeling. That bloated feeling! ugh! It all felt so wrong. Not only was it meat, but it was the unhealthiest form. Much processed. Much fast foody.

Anyways, I adopted so many amazing habits of eating for vitality over the months that I'm back at it again. This little hiccup really made me see why no meat is my choice. It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm coming into feeling back to normal.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:51 AM
Knower

Bunny

Quote:

You know what I ate? A steak. A fat, juicy one. Plus some other cravings I wanted to knock out of the way. Right off the bat, my stomach was tore up. My number 2 trips to the bathroom also hurt since I had been so used to mostly plant based eating. Lower energy, over all ****** feeling. That bloated feeling! ugh! It all felt so wrong. Not only was it meat, but it was the unhealthiest form. Much processed. Much fast foody.

Anyways, I adopted so many amazing habits of eating for vitality over the months that I'm back at it again. This little hiccup really made me see why no meat is my choice. It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm coming into feeling back to normal.

At first, giving up meat was difficult for me because it was such a staple of my diet. But after abstaining for a while, it actually got harder for my body to process it, and I got sick after eating it. (It's not just processed meat that can do this - meat protein is absorbed differently by the body than plant protein.) So that became enough of an incentive to continue to stay away from meat.

I had to start very gradually before I got to a point where I didn't crave meat. If you stop cold-turkey and beat yourself up every time you slip up, you're not going to be able to stay on that path for very long. I allotted myself "cheat days" where I could eat whatever I wanted, which forced me to plan my week's meals more carefully. I spaced out the cheat days more and more until I no longer felt the need to "reward" myself with meat. I didn't realize how much meat was weighing me down and keeping me bloated until I gave it up!
Old 01-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:

[quote=coelacanth]If you stop cold-turkey and beat yourself up every time you slip up, you're not going to be able to stay on that path for very long. I allotted myself "cheat days" where I could eat whatever I wanted, which forced me to plan my week's meals more carefully. I spaced out the cheat days more and more until I no longer felt the need to "reward" myself with meat. I didn't realize how much meat was weighing me down and keeping me bloated until I gave it up!]/QUOTE]

I agree. I still occasionally crave it and cheat, but it is happening less and less. It does get easier. with time. Because like you stated, when you do have meat, you end up regretting it most of the time.

And congrats Libs on all your progress!