Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsmart
I have a question.

WHY are some people so mean? I mean people that are mean without a cause to be mean, people who snap and are agressive for no reason?

WHAT is their spiritual purpose, because I fail to see it.

Because they are learning same as you and me .......human are always in a process to discover themselves , to discover all their emotions , desire , greed , love etc ......as human progress into this process human will learn , will experience , will realize , will accept and eventually free of it ......as human progress into this realization , they will free from their emotion and this process is Buddhism .Thats my current understanding.
Thks
CSEe
Old 07-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Master
i'm more likely to see my meanness when folk are kind in reaction to something ****** i do or say. i try to do that too, not react so they're left with it. thats how you show it to someone. rejection just indicates the very thing being rejected, meanness.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 07-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Master
I think Different strokes for different folks .. I am not a mean person ..not am I an angry person, but I did find being Non reactive or walking away ..and even discussing how I perceived blatant meanness did not work.
So I Bluff it :) lol .. Yep Guilty I faked their own style back to them ..and Guess what It worked.( my heart stayed nice though *wink*)

:) Love & Light

The one thing that can enslave or liberate you is your ...........................thought............................

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 07-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Master
i don't see rejecting as being high on your list smiler.

i suppose it depends on what we wanna achieve. not reacting doesn't mean folk won't try to walk over you i agree. in fact they might take advantage of it. but for you, in yourself, not to be ruffled by outward influence has gotta be cool yeah..whether they are taught a lesson or not is another matter, firstly i don't want others to have a hold over my emotions. perhaps its possible to point out what folk are doing in a non reactive way.

i saw a good fb meme the other day

[i]don't let your emotions make you their <>

edited by SF staff

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."

Last edited by in progress : 07-09-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:56 PM
healinghands23

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsmart
I have a question.

WHY are some people so mean? I mean people that are mean without a cause to be mean, people who snap and are agressive for no reason?

WHAT is their spiritual purpose, because I fail to see it.
Heartsmart,
There are different soul types that walk mother earth. There are white souls (they bring light and love), gray souls (within that category are light, middle and dark gray) and dark entities. The dark and dark grays will always bring havoc along with manipulation.
There are also souls whose theme is life theme is irritant. They usually are paired or interface with those whose life theme is tolerance or patience.
Then you have souls who are not on their paths and are way off in a ditch somewhere because of environmental or behavioral factors.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Some people like to feel the * energy...( charged and ego powered ) By being mean. Some actually Like it.

EeeeeeeeRk ! lol

Run to the peacemakers :)

A good thing is to hold a mirror up for a meanie ...example ... yell louder and longer ...amazingly they shut up lol

:)

There is little empathy in this reply, and it is saddening that one would suggest being more mean is an answer.

Reading on, you claim that your heart remains nice and you claim love n light...and excuse your own meaness by saying you're just mirroring the real mean person. But where will it stop? What if they perceived you to be mean first? Perhaps they also believe they are mirroring you? So where does the meaness start and stop.

In my opinion, it starts and it stops with the person who is mean. Nobody makes you be nasty, that is a choice you make to do so. I hope you will make a different choice another day.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by healinghands23
Heartsmart,
There are different soul types that walk mother earth. There are white souls (they bring light and love), gray souls (within that category are light, middle and dark gray) and dark entities. The dark and dark grays will always bring havoc along with manipulation.

That's a totally new one on me and I disagree, I think we are all somewhat capable of all aspects. Manipulation is simply an ego aspect of the self that is crying out for a healing and love. I would hate to think we are "graded".

I would also say I have yet to meet a "white soul". Sure, there are those who bring light and love to me but I'm sure they have people where it's not so straightforwards and they delve into manipulation.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Master
Hi Vecta

i don't see rejecting as being high on your list smiler.

i suppose it depends on what we wanna achieve. not reacting doesn't mean folk won't try to walk over you i agree. in fact they might take advantage of it. but for you, in yourself, not to be ruffled by outward influence has gotta be cool yeah..whether they are taught a lesson or not is another matter, firstly i don't want others to have a hold over my emotions. perhaps its possible to point out what folk are doing in a non reactive way.

i saw a good fb meme the other day

[i]don't let your emotions make you their <>

I am unsure by what you mean by .."
i don't see rejecting as being high on your list smiler."

I have met men who are simply bullies ...and ...what I said above does work..Funny enough it was male who told me ..to how to stop a male bullying . If the intent is peace ..if the intent is to stop meanness..If the intent is to do Tough Love ..and then discuss it with the person.." how did they feel"? then this therefore teaches some.
I would like to mention I did not say one has to be "foul of language" Just Louder :)
..As a booming voice cannot be heard if there are two booming..and it doesn't last long.

I would like to point out..when all other avenues have failed this worked.

Also mastering ones own energy is wonderful .. :)

Blessings to you Vecta
Oh if you put Dog in the mirror .. You will see some thing beautiful

edited by SF staff

The one thing that can enslave or liberate you is your ...........................thought............................

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 07-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote: There is little empathy in this reply, and it is saddening that one would suggest being more mean is an answer.

Reading on, you claim that your heart remains nice and you claim love n light...and excuse your own meaness by saying you're just mirroring the real mean person. But where will it stop? What if they perceived you to be mean first? Perhaps they also believe they are mirroring you? So where does the meaness start and stop.

In my opinion, it starts and it stops with the person who is mean. Nobody makes you be nasty, that is a choice you make to do so. I hope you will make a different choice another day.

I think having a broader outlook aids people in varying circumstances ..Some see ..anger as being mean.. There is constructive anger and destructive anger. One teaches ..the other does not.

You do not know me nor my life ..so I hope you can see some thing more than put a band aid on situations that do exist...( if that makes sense ?)
Jesus was angry .. I think many of the masters where. As long as one knows their intent ..which is Love...funny enough. A loving enviroment or a peaceful one is sort by quite a few people.
I would not hasten to put "mean" into such a small box.

Blessings

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 07-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Ivy

There is nothing wrong with anger, it is an energy, an emotion, and can be used alongside wisdom to bring peace.

There may indeed be anger behind meanness, but meanness itself is not an emotion....it is an action carried out with a knowing intent to hurt feelings or deprive a person of care/love.

I'm a mother and when they were younger, my children sometimes had to learn how to behave in a more acceptable way, as all children do. But I have never used meanness to 'teach them a lesson' and it's something I disagree with in that guise. There was and is always a better way. My children are older now, and they behave really well...which tells me I must have brought them up ok.

However you redefine it or justify being mean, there is no real use in the action. You say I shouldn't put mean into such a small box, but perhaps there is opportunity for you to look outside the box at different ways that you could handle situations...without meanness.