Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-02-2011, 05:27 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah
Hi Din, thought I'd add piece you might like by Adyashanti:

Life moves, undulates, breathes in and out, contracting and expanding. This is its nature, the nature of what is. Whatever is, is on the move. Nothing remains the same for very long. The mind wants everything to stop so that it can get its foothold, find its position, so it can figure out how to control life. Through the pursuit of material things, knowledge, ideas, beliefs, opinions, emotional states, spiritual states, and relationships, the mind seeks to find a secure position from which to operate.

The mind seeks to nail life down and get it to stop moving and changing. When this doesn't work, the mind begins to seek the changeless, the eternal, something that doesn't move. But the mind of thought is itself an expression of life's movement and so must always be in movement itself. When there is thought, that thought is always moving and changing. There is really no such thing as thought. There is only thinking, so thought which is always moving (as thinking) cannot apprehend the changeless.

When thought enters into the changeless it goes silent. When thought goes silent, the thinker, the psychological "me," the image-produced self, disappears. Suddenly it is gone. You, as an idea, are gone. Awareness remains alone. There is no one who is aware. Awareness itself is itself. You are now no longer the thought, nor the thinker, nor someone who is aware. Only awareness remains, as itself. Then, within awareness, thought moves. Within the changeless, change happens.

Now awareness expresses itself. Awareness is always expressing itself: as life, as change, as thought, feelings, bodies, humans, plants, trees, cars, etc. Awareness yields to itself, to its inherent creativity, to its expression in form, to experience itself. The changeless is changing. The eternal is living and dying. The formless is form. The form is formless. This is nothing the mind could have ever imagined.

Hi Elijah,

I love Adya.

I am MIND.

I am the Light of the world.

I am that I am.

I am space consciousness.

I am.

I am the light by which this post is known/seen.
Old 17-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
is a dream ever real?

yes dreams are real, it's the spirit world. we may have to agree to disagree on that one by the looks of it, maybe not.
Old 17-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeliar791
Yeah... It sounds like somebody had an out of body experience. There are people like that you know. All it takes is one single trip on a rock, and they are never the same... They end up thinking they exist beyond experience. They are a dime a dozen in western society. They are good at making others out to be demented fools, because they cannot see themselves.

i have an obe every night when i go to sleep and my spirit leaves my body and I use that non-physical vehicle.

i have not had an obe while awake though if that's what you mean, i could see how it could mess someone up if they are not at some level to be chill with it
Old 17-02-2011, 05:30 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
"I am you, and what I see is me"

Just like in a dream.

Old 17-02-2011, 05:34 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by im.actually.you
yes dreams are real, it's the spirit world. we may have to agree to disagree on that one by the looks of it, maybe not.

actually, if you want to look with me, you may actually notice that the idea of real or not real, is just that, just another concept

or the projection of an idea like the belief in something called a spirit world, as opposed to what? this world here? is there a separation,

can any of us know any of this for certain???
Old 17-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
actually, if you want to look with me, you may actually notice that the idea of real or not real, is just that, just another concept

or the projection of an idea like the belief in something called a spirit world, as opposed to what? this world here? is there a separation,

i don't "believe" in the spirit world, i have one foot in there and one foot in the physical world, it's not a belief, it's my life.

i already know that dreaming is the spirit world, but i asked the leader of the Maya, Don Alejandro in which his wife translated for me, what he and the Maya know about dreaming to which he replied "When you go to sleep at night, your spirit leaves your body and starts floating around your body like smoke, if you go to wake that person up when they are near there body, they will wake up quickly, but if they decide to visit a different dimension, it is very hard to wake them up because they are very far away, the spirit world is full of connections, if i am sitting in a puddle of muddy water, i know i will be sick within a week, they are connections" then we asked if you can visit different dimensions while awake and he said "yes, but it has to do with your birthday" and that's all he said.

so besides already knowing that it's the spirit world, that was just nice to hear.

and no, there is no such thing as seperation? u know that i know that. that should answer your first sentence as well.
Old 17-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din

absolutely, its not as hard as you may think (yet another concept)
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 17-02-2011, 07:34 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
absolutely, its not as hard as you may think (yet another concept)

perhaps your certainty is not as certain as you ascertain
Old 17-02-2011, 07:36 PM
din

Quote:
i'm.actually.you wrote:

i don't "believe" in the spirit world, i have one foot in there and one foot in the physical world, it's not a belief, it's my life.

ok, i'm really scratching my head here,

because you say you don't believe in the spirit world as opposed to the real world

and then you state you have one foot in each???
Old 17-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
perhaps your certainty is not as certain as you ascertain
my certainty is absolute, i have the experience to know, rather than simply believe...of course that does you no good, you would have to gain your own experience...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi