Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 31-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator
Awe sounds like an awesome best foul pet. I am sure he will return when you least expect it.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Skylarkjen

Aww--I'm sorry about your cat. I have had lots of pets, but I had one dog (who lived to be 16) that was really really special and there was definitely some kind of connection--he just "got" me! I don't know that I have and theories or anything, but I really loved that dog and I miss him every day!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator
Thank you, I have a had a few pets myself. Storm and my chi are what I would consider my soul pets. I got storm after my other cat was mulled to death. He just seemed to say i am the one you want. and same thing 6months later when I chose a chihuahua. Kinda cool that I chose them.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarkjen
Aww--I'm sorry about your cat. I have had lots of pets, but I had one dog (who lived to be 16) that was really really special and there was definitely some kind of connection--he just "got" me! I don't know that I have and theories or anything, but I really loved that dog and I miss him every day!

I had a black lab with whom I shared a very deep bond-we did everything together. I taught him how to swim underwater, among many other things. And one day, when he was acting particularly mischievous, I just up and looked him in the eye and just told him straight out, "You know what you are? Yes, you are a real jerk!" And he in turn just glared at me out of the corner of his eye and emitted what I can only describe as a low mocking growl-he somehow knew I was insulting him, and he just gave it right back at me!

If dogs could live 40-60 years, I wonder what they could be capable of learning from us...
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Interesting,
If dogs could live 40-60 years, I wonder what they could be capable of learning from us...

I also wonder what we could learn from them.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 PM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Oh this is so my kind of a topic tealtwist! I'm glad you brought it up.

I love animals and sometimes feel closer to them than to other humans (yes I know humans are animals too but I have no better term for other animals than humans..)

Animals often come to me without me trying to attract them. Often when I'm visiting my friends who have pets, those pets come straight to me no matter how shy they usually are. Either they stare at me, start a "conversation" with me or even jump straight to my lap. No idea why that happens but I like it.

First animal who I think might have had an extra strong connection with me was a bunny. One day he just jumped to our frontyard and refused to leave. We were able to trace it's owner who said he had ran away because he couldn't be friends with their other male bunny. We ended up taking that bunny to us and he spent the rest of his life with us.

Other animals I think that are sharing or have shared a special connection with me have been cats. One of them was very lovable and I really loved him. I always sensed there was something special in him. Unfortunately he got hit by a car and he died when he was still quite young. When he died I cried more than I have ever cried in my life and actually not many nights after we had buried him I'm pretty sure he came to visit me. I was lying in my bed, not yet sleeping but not quite awake either, I had just been thinking about him and cried, and suddenly I saw him like he would have flown to me through the ceiling of my room or something. I was so sure he was there with me. And I was also sure he spoke to me. I don't think it was any language, more like feelings and images, but anyway I could understand him perfectly. He said don't you cry for me there is no need to cry I'm in a very wonderful place right now and we will meet again. I will be there greeting you when it is your time to cross over. I was still very young when that happened and quite amazed but even today I'm sure that actually happened. I remember I asked him could he come back to me someday as another cat and he said yes. If I wanted him to come, he would. I didn't cry for him after that.

Now I have a new cat who I'm pretty sure is that cat I previously lost. He was the same age as my other cat when he died when he came to me. And this cat just came to me. It originally was our neighbours cat but one summer he came to our yard and pleaded to get in. We had other cats who weren't that happy to see him but he was very persistent and when we finally let him in because we just couldn't watch him outside anymore, he never left. Our neighbours gave us that cat and now he is living with us and will be living with us the rest of his life. Right away I noticed he has similar eyes than that other cat had. I also noticed i accidentally called him couple of times with the old name and he actually responded. I'm pretty sure I got my friend back.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator
Awe you can thank Storm for this topic. lol.No I was meaning to brig this up before. I find it amazing that my cat meowed his little heart out like he was comforting me and trying to help me find him because he wanted to be with me when he died. I knew if he could move he would have he was too weak. Even though he was in pain and dieing he wanted to make me feel ok. This blows my mind. It also hurts a bit too.
I miss him so much. I used to let him do pretty much what he wanted. He was potty trained and would meow to be let out at any time. I really hope that he comes back to me quickly.

I am glad you got your pet back, hiitjustmeagain and are enjoying him. I am sad but also happy to see how many others in this world believe in soul mate pets. and reincarnation with pets. Not just on here but on other cyber locations.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealtwist
Hey, I recently lost my soul mate pet. A beautiful blue point Siamese named Storm (I have a couple of threads in other areas of the forum, because I am heartbroken.and I thought what better place to find compassion and understanding and insight about departed pets.) I also have a dog that I think is a soul mate too:) He is also heart broken he lost his best friend his kitty. It makes me think that they are soul mates a cat and a dog.

I Believe we have special connections with our pets. I will use the label soul mates. I am thinking about reincarnating pets that come back in a different body. I am fairly certain that I have had the same cat twice now. This little soul will return to me in time. I will recognize it.

What does everyone think? Do you have /had a special connection to a pet? Do you think they keep coming back? Any thoughts and feelings on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, tealtwist. I am so sorry, dear one, for the loss of your beloved Storm. Ever read online sites about "The Rainbow Bridge"? When I lost my soul mate dog, Chevy (a beautiful shepherd/husky/wolf cross), 7 years ago, my sister told me about the Rainbow Bridge story and it brought me such comfort, for I was a mess when Chev passed over. We actually had to help him depart from his aged, sick physical manifestion, and I tell you, it was one of the most sacred, spiritual experiences I have had in my 48 years. The vet came to our home, and in the flickering shade of a huge poplar tree, on the soft green grass under a sunny August sky, we were at his side when the vet gave him the medication that released him from his suffering.

In a strange way, it felt like I had given birth to him somehow (how's that for weird!) But it was like I was ushering him into a new life, and although I have no children, it reminded me of giving birth, the way I've heard others talk about this sacred, mystical, scary experience.

Chevy was my greatest teacher and was meant to spend his life with me in this manifestation. I see his time in my life as a great gift, and I hope my time with him was a gift for him too. He taught me a lot about patience, faith, strength, and the healing power of love, with the unconditional love he gave me always (he had been abused and abandoned before we adopted him from an animal shelter, and the poor guy had behavioural issues that were trying at times for me, his inexperienced "dog mom").

Now, we have his "little brother", a gorgeous, exuberant, fearless Shepherd/Elkhound named Indie, in our lives, and I attribute how well I do caring for hiim because of what Chevy taught me.

So yes! Our animal family are indeed soul mates - or part of our soul family. And it would not surprise me if I ever had another dog come into my life who reminded me of Chev. Or maybe, we met our karmic obligations to each other in this life, and maybe he will go on to another family, in another form, and teach them with his beautiful, loving spirit.

Cherish the love and memories of your beautiful Storm!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator
Hey Raven, Yes someone suggested the rainbow bridge. I have also looked at other sites similar to it. It warmed my heart and brang a fresh load of tears reading about Chevy and indie. :)

I am slowly looking into options when the time becomes right to either contact a breeder or adopt another cat. I know he/she will leap out saying ME. I am also thinking about becoming a cat lady lol. Thinking about maybe fostering cats.Or volunteering.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:50 AM
Raven Poet

Hi! I can so see you as the cat lady down the street - with a house full of four-leggeds - and CAKE! I so admire how you are treading softly, cradling your heart and your memories of your animal family as you take the time to make the "right" decision.

Keep us posted!