Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Experiencer

Objectivity is slowly but surely dumbing me right down.

I have spent so long trying to rationalize the evil that folk do that it might possibly be detrimental to me personally.

I have tried to understand and see things from the view of the perpetrators of , and in no particular order.

The Romans
The Third Reich
Paedophiles
Rapists
Murderers
The self called Caliphate of Islamic State
The Hiroshima and Nagasaki atrocities
The Holocaust

and many , many more.. But I can't help feeling I am doing a dis service to myself in blindly accepting these realities as anything other than pure abomination of the most damnable order. I don't really know why I am asking you guys as I fully accept that the foulness of our deeds as "humanity" is something I myself personally need to reconcile.
Old 15-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Ascender

yes evil is a interesting thing

how to see it ?

if good is the way to the light & love

and shared consciousness

and if there is 'some thing' you need to let go

to get there and if this 'some thing' is so huge

it can be experienced as a reality on its own by some

they might defend this and so let them commit

acts that create so much karma depth

it can only be resolved down among them

so that they by doing so make sure their world

stays a sustained reality shared by the souls in it

that share that reality and give it that way its strength
Old 15-08-2015, 09:16 PM
Ascender

so to reconcile,,, rather to understand it and be detached of it
Old 15-08-2015, 09:31 PM
luntrusreality

Why shouldn't there be evil?
It is just a human judgement that it is inherently "out of place".
Without evil, no good.

The whole manifested universe consists of polarities.
There is no need to rationalize it other than that.
Old 15-08-2015, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator
It really is very difficult to understand why some people do what they do. Yes even people who love "the light" as I do, have history in the distant past, of doing some awful things. Yes I have done some awful things. I don't feel guilt -only a poignant sorrow that I didn't understand some things then. Now I do.
"Go, and sin no more"....I seem to recall Jesus said to someone who had done some bad stuff. And so I feel that may be true. We can start to carve out a new pathway at any time. All we have to be, is willing, and willing to forge new bonds with a more harmonious way of being.

But those major atrocities of which you speak....oh boy, I don't know why they happened. I don't even like to speculate, or try to rationalise any of those things, and my concept of the destiny of Souls in a broader sense isn't great enough to understand at this stage.

But it seems that there are pockets of 'darkness' even in most decent and lovely people. They might be in the past now, but they manifested at some time during the life. And there are pockets of 'light' in people who do very wicked things and harm others. And those probably manifested at some time during their lives. Even if only fleetingly.

I knew someone once who was a very kind friendly person. He was very helpful to me, and I called him a real friend. I knew him for many years, could rely on that person, and also saw how naturally decent he was to others. If ever I was in need, he would come to help, even when I didn't ask. There was nothing in it for him, except a cup of coffee, and a 'thank you'.
And then later on, he was verys eriously depressed. He wouldn't speak about it, but eventually I got him to talk about his fears and what was troubling him. He confessed to having paedophilic tendencies which he had never acted on but which he couldn't get rid of.
I listened as he unburdened himself. He knew he could trust me. Yes I was shocked. But I didn't treat him with horror or anger. Neither did I compound his shame for those thoughts. I remained his friend.
He never did act on those deep dark feelings. He passed away instead.

So after that I could understand how even a decent person could have a lttle dark flame somehow alight inside them. It gave me something to ponder indeed.
Old 16-08-2015, 02:50 AM
Master
I just went to a custom motorcycle show but I was kinda afraid, in the least possible way, that parking would be expensive so I decided to park... in the park next door behind the hospital then walk down the hill through the paddocks. And the spot I wanted, in the place I wanted was right there waiting for me so I filled my pockets, crossed the road then jumped the wall into the mini farm that kinda surrounds the big hill, as in one tree hill by U2.

Anyways theres all these people standing up on the road and so I ask them 'what ya'll lookin' at?" and a woman says ' That sheep over there's giving birth." and I look around and low and behold the Ewe is indeed standing there with a half in half outty. Hmm, I'll give her a bit of room and then look about and there's brand new lambs all over the place with Mummies close by.

So it's a natural thing and I'm a natural man so I just keep goin' where I'm goin' which is basically straight through this spread out flock of sheeps. It was kinda choice even whilst one or two Mum's bleated a bit at my goin' about my business but none tore off and even the bleaters went quiet when I let them know I thought bub's was indeed a beautiful wee thing... at which point they'd ignore me, or at most just watch me with a kinda 'are you like all the other nutty bipeds?' and go back to eatin' the sumptuous feast of the green of the greens.

I won't even go into the motorcycle show as a bastion of masculinity and bravado 'cause the only people I talked to and laughed with seemed to be like me, being into the wonder and smiling it out. Even the huge dude in gang patches said good on ya bro after I handed back the lighter I'd seen him using and then asked for by flicking my thumb up and down and holding my unlit smoke.

Man, oh man, the worlds just a beautiful amazing place if you just let it shine the way it want's to. The hard time, is like you say, when you try and make it perform to your expectations or fulfil some sort of obligation to be what you think it should be... it don't like that much and even might get around to reminding you what knees are for if you don't swing round to it's way of bein' what ever it is tending to be.

But then again, the world also can swing round and be exactly what we want it to be so, whatever, I have no idea except I like being happy. I mean I never intended to go for a walk through a field of new born lambs, I just had this silly idea parking would be a concern so I gave myself an alternative that suited me and the universe gave me a bonus. And it's giving me so many bonuses these days I can help but be willing to throw even more of the silly me out there.
Old 16-08-2015, 07:08 AM
Master
.......................lol

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 16-08-2015, 07:12 AM
Master

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 16-08-2015, 07:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Seeker
I have spent so long trying to rationalize the evil that folk do that it might possibly be detrimental to me personally.

I have tried to understand and see things from the view of the perpetrators of , and in no particular order.

The Romans
The Third Reich
Paedophiles
Rapists
Murderers
The self called Caliphate of Islamic State
The Hiroshima and Nagasaki atrocities
The Holocaust

and many , many more.. But I can't help feeling I am doing a dis service to myself in blindly accepting these realities as anything other than pure abomination of the most damnable order. I don't really know why I am asking you guys as I fully accept that the foulness of our deeds as "humanity" is something I myself personally need to reconcile.

There is a point of reconciling within us all that we feel in conflict with. It reaches a point of peace in regards to these things in yourself in acceptance when you accept it in you as it needs to be. Acceptance in self will bridge many aspects of what is outside you, it may not be ok or the way in which you would live here on earth, but it allows you in that acceptance of your engagement to build peace in you and get on with life.

The nature of this world is.. like Mr I shows us, is that we can participate in the way we choose, in truth of how we wish to live and be regardless of those external views you show.... Its all there in the world, every aspect of it. But awareness allows you to be aware of it all too if you allow the side your resisting in yourself to build that awareness. You, then can live in it and with it without need to make it anything other than. *your aware* and participating in balance more fully as one in you and that is enough.

Sometimes we have opportunities to understand, sometimes we don't, sometimes we simply have to accept in us without reasons or "making it fit something" to make the understanding then find peace. In letting go of not understanding, you can open to understanding something in yourself in conflict with the need to make it fit or right in you in some way.

I do not know/I do not understand
I accept both in myself
I accept the unknown of not understanding in myself.
I accept the known of understanding in myself.

Old 16-08-2015, 07:14 AM
Master
Post reconciling