Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 23-10-2011, 10:51 PM
johnatre

Out of the Broom Closet

How do you come out of the broom closet to your friends?

How do you come out of the broom closer to your family?

Both of the above questions are extremely related to the Christian side of my set of family and friends. Some might understand. But the ones that I am thinking about letting know, just so I don't have to keep it a secret, it's stressful, are the one's I am NOT financially dependent on.

Please tell me your out of the broom closet story? Thanks

x
Johna
Old 24-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Blooms Bright

I wish I had some solid advice to give you, but instead, I can share my experience. My background: I was raised in a large Italian - Catholic family. My parents were children of the 60's free loving, open minded, musicians. However, we children had to attend mass and CCD classes, and in 9 the grade our confirmation. This was when we the children could chose our path. While I believe in God, I also experienced exposure to nature based practices from elder women in my family. My parents seemed fine as long as it was treated as a novelty, and not a religion. Well, it has been 20 years and I still get random digs on occasion. I refused to engage. I respect and acknowledge their choice, I wish they could be tolerate of mine. Now my husbands family who are devoted Baptist do not like the idea, but will ask questions, they don't get it...LOL...but its OK : )

I am out, but not in your face. If I have items out and about my home, and people want to ask, I will answer simply. This is who I am. I feel much better, to just live, and go about without wondering how people feel. I am still that same person you enjoyed spending time with. Still the same person you asked for advice, and still that same person who shares my garden's cuttings. Still the same, prior to you finding out I'm wiccan.
Just be you, is it necessary to have to come out? If you are true to yourself, you will shine. Family and friends will notice the change, and ask " what's up?" Then you can decide what to share.

I hope that my experience was able to shed some light for you in a positive way. People are interesting individuals. But remember that individuals are what we are. We each bring something unique to the table...or alter...

I wish you all the best along your journey and hope you'll keep us posted.

~as always, Bright Blessings
Old 24-10-2011, 02:54 AM
johnatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooms Bright
We each bring something unique to the table...or alter...

I wish you all the best along your journey and hope you'll keep us posted.

That was cute :)

And I will try to keep you posted! Thanks for sharing your experience. I was very pleased to read it, you are right about letting them come to ask theirselves, however there are still a few friends I want to tell. Just because we literally tell each other everything.

Blessed be!
Old 25-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Lostgirl

Honestly i dont see why its important for them to know :) If you are worried they wont take it well then i wouldnt tell them - its not their business really!

However if want to tell them then just sit them down and tell them :) Or wait for a more opportune moment...say if they are talking about god or something lol
Old 27-10-2011, 04:56 PM
sesheta

I agree that it's really nobody's business what religion you choose to follow. If you have close friends or family that you choose to tell, then they should support you - or at least accept it. The people who are closest to you should not judge you.
I am a witch myself, but I don't broadcast it. I have items in my house that make it fairly obvious, to anyone who pays attention or has a clue at all what witchcraft is about. The people who do know that I am a witch either thinks it's cool, don't talk to me about it, or will ask questions to understand what it's about, which is nice. If someone asks me, I will answer them and tell them what I believe/follow...but I also respect other people's religions, as well. I don't try to convert anyone to witchcraft, nor do I allow anyone to try to convert me to anything else.
Although I had a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses come to my house one day - distributing flyers, etc....I spoke with them and listened to what they had to say, with respect and civility. But at one point, one of them asked me about what I believe...I came right out and told them I'm a witch...they haven't been back since.
Old 27-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Mind's Eye

You could always fish around for what their thoughts are on the subject. You can do this by saying you know someone at work, or school or somewhere that is a wiccan and they seem to want to be your friend. Or you could say you know someone who is a Christian that is befriending a witch and ask their thoughts on it. I'm sure there is a circle of people that you know that your family and friends aren't that familiar with. That way you could feel them out and take it from there. If everybody is close minded, mean and judging your make believe witch... them maybe you will reconsider your friends and move in another direction with your life that is more accepting.
Old 27-10-2011, 05:34 PM
MoonWillow

I've never had to tell anyone, those that are close to me have picked up on things as time has gone by.

They respect my beliefs and I respect them for that and their beliefs.

MW.
Old 27-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Patrone

Some things are best kept to ones self..politics and religion have no place at the dinner table my mom used to say..
Old 28-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrone
Some things are best kept to ones self..politics and religion have no place at the dinner table my mom used to say..

not all conversations take place at the dinner table

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 28-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Deactivated Account

here's a subtle idea ~
take advantage of the season of Halloween, find a decorative Halloween sign that says " Witches gather here " and hang it up, along with a few other Halloween decorations. Whose to say it isn't just a decoration ?

I have a strong connection to the Angels, and I like Halloween decorations. I did find such a sign as mentioned above and bought it. I hung it in my living room as a Halloween decoration and I had a few friends over who were suddenly speechless !

I just smiled and let them wonder

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction