Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Deactivated Account

Why & How ?

Why do you sleep with crystals under your pillow ?

and How do you choose the crystals you want to sleep with ?

I know there is a thread " What crystals did you sleep with last night ? " but in general it seems most people just post a list of crystals and not the reasons why or how they chose which crystal or the results of sleeping with the crystals they chose ? I am curious as to the Why & How

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 07-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Suspended
Hiya Dreamie

As a big dreamer, I thought I'd go through my crystal collection one by one to see if any changes occur in the dreams. I tend to choose whichever one I like the particular look of and keep it under my pillow for about a week.

The trouble is I only know the names of a few...so if one particular crystal is giving me amazing dreams, I might not even know what it's called.

The other thing too...my last two crystals have fallen through the pillows and are sitting grumpily under the bed. I'm not able to get down onto the floor to fetch them...so they have to wait until someone can get them for me.

So far...I get better dreams (as in more interesting/memorable) with no crystals.

Squatch
Old 09-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Guide
I have never slept with crystals under my pillow. I suppose it's because all of my crystals wouldn't exactly be comfortable to sleep on! Instead I have them on the night stand on each side of my bed. The primary crystals I keep near is my mini amethyst cave, standing labradorite, clear quartz on one side and rose quartz, green calcite and smoky quartz on the other. I also keep crystals on my window ledge. I know this sounds excessive, but I have an amazing rock shop here and I have become addicted :).

The main difference I've noticed since I have had the crystals is I can remember my dreams every single night. Before I rarely remembered them. My dreams almost seem more vivid too. Other than that, I think I have a lot to do with what I dream each night. If I have a bad dream I can figure I didn't do a proper clearing the night before and I went to bed too tired.

Depending on your own energy/personality, you will find different crystals work better for you than others. If you want a more restful/peaceful sleep, you would want to choose a crystal that has a milder, loving energy. If you want loud, vivid dreams, then I would go with a crystal conducive to that energy.

What I really recommend is to get a crystal bible. I love my "Pocket Book of Stones" by Robert Simmons. This book will tell you what each crystal does.

She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them. -Beau Taplin
Old 09-04-2012, 01:53 AM
drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReason
I have never slept with crystals under my pillow. I suppose it's because all of my crystals wouldn't exactly be comfortable to sleep on! Instead I have them on the night stand on each side of my bed. The primary crystals I keep near is my mini amethyst cave, standing labradorite, clear quartz on one side and rose quartz, green calcite and smoky quartz on the other. I also keep crystals on my window ledge. I know this sounds excessive, but I have an amazing rock shop here and I have become addicted :).

The main difference I've noticed since I have had the crystals is I can remember my dreams every single night. Before I rarely remembered them. My dreams almost seem more vivid too. Other than that, I think I have a lot to do with what I dream each night. If I have a bad dream I can figure I didn't do a proper clearing the night before and I went to bed too tired.

Depending on your own energy/personality, you will find different crystals work better for you than others. If you want a more restful/peaceful sleep, you would want to choose a crystal that has a milder, loving energy. If you want loud, vivid dreams, then I would go with a crystal conducive to that energy.

What I really recommend is to get a crystal bible. I love my "Pocket Book of Stones" by Robert Simmons. This book will tell you what each crystal does.

Did you purposely set out to pick crystals for your room that would make you remember your dreams better, or did you just pick them out because you liked them, and it just so happened those are crystals that help you remember dreams?

What do you mean by "..do a proper clearing the night before.."? I assume you mean some kind of focusing to clear your crystals of negative energy. Yes? So why would that need to be done? Do crystals just trap energy in general, including negative energy, and that is why they need to be "cleaned", or some other reason?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReason

That's a good idea and something that will really help me. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 PM
PitBull

chrystals calms the mind,takes out all the clutter in the brain that causes everyday stress. You can use em to meditate. What i do is i wear my chakra stones during the day to work and at night when i go to bed ill put a stone or 2 under the pillow. Gems can work for a variety of stuff. different forms and shapes help for different stuff as well as the colour of it. A single point chrystal will focuson energy in a straight line. In general, pointed chrystals are used to transmit energy or draw it off,depending on which way the point is facing. A symmetrical crystal wand is likely to have been artificially shaped. double-terminated crystals have a point on each end. Because they send and recieve energy simultaneously, they are usefull for balancing and integrating opposing forces,such as breaking up old patterns and overcoming addictions. Crystal clusters radiate the energy of the crystal to the serounding enviroment. They are usefull for cleansing the energy in a room.
Colour... Perhaps the most important quality of crystal healing is colour. As you may know,white light is really a mixture of colours,called a spectrum. A glass prism, a crystal drop hanging in a window or the rain drops in a sunny sky that create a rainbow all reveal that the seven colours of the light spectrum are red,orange,yellow,green,blue,indigo and violet. You will have already experienced how colours effect your emotions. Wearing a bright red sweater can make you feel sexy, while sitting in a room with cool blue walls is soothing and relaxing. In colour therapy, a form of complementary healing that is becoming more widely accepted,the body is bathed in coloured light,or coloured crystals are placed directly on the body. Because of the links between the seven colours of the spectrum and your bodys life force a crystals colour energy can be estimated into your bodysenergy field through your optic nerve or,as some believe,directly through your skin,transmittingor absorbing energy as needed for a healthy balance
Old 09-04-2012, 02:24 PM
PitBull

traditional colour meanings...
Though you cancertainly choose crystals for the colours that attract you most,here are some of the traditional meanings of of crystal colours:red crystals such as red jasper,carnelian and bloodstone increase your power,passion, courage and physical energy. Pink crystals such as rose quartz,danburite and pink tourmaline foster kindness,love and compassion for yourself and others. Orange crystals such as carnelian,fire opal and orange calsite anhance self esteem, confidence and creativity. Yellow crystals such as citrine,amber and sunstone aid self-expression and encourage optimism and positive attitudes. Green colours such as fluorite and green aventurine sooth the emotions and promote harmony and balance. Blue such as lapis,blue lace agate and turquoise calm the mind,and cool and sooth the physical body. Purple such as amethyst,lepidolite and angelite help develop intuition and spiritual knowledge. Black such as smoky quartz,obsidian and labradorite are powerfull protecters and help disperse negative energy and stress.white or clear such as clear quartz,opophyllite and moonstone promote new beginnings,peace and tranquillity.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:53 PM
PitBull

how they work: crystals have a subtle but measurable 'vibration' or electro magnetic field,as does every object,including your body. The regularity of a crystals structure makes this vibration especially coherent and helps crystals to transmitbebeficial energy and absorb negative energy as needed to preserve a healthy balance.

Just a thought,if you do have these stones,i advise that you cleanse em atleats once every 2 weeks as that can have a major effect if you dont,and its not pleasant. My chakra stones consist of black obsidian,orange calsite,yellow jasper,rose quartz,turqurenite,sodalite and amethyst. What i keep at home is banded amethyst,amethyst,amethyst cluster,moonstone,amozonite,bloodstone,moss agate,flaked obsidian,clears quartz,smoky quartz,blue lace agate, unakite,green aventurine,carnelian,red tigers eye,red jasper,rose quartz,blue chalcedony,green jade,fluorite,howlite blue and green jade. And i have a spirit cluster,more known as the porcupine chrystal cluster and sodalite. I also have a strange multi tigers eye. I hope this info answers your questions. At a time i forgot to cleanse my chakra stones,and i went mad,angry every second and restless. When i remembered to cleane em it was a big change in my emotions,more at peace with the world
Old 10-04-2012, 05:12 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake
Did you purposely set out to pick crystals for your room that would make you remember your dreams better, or did you just pick them out because you liked them, and it just so happened those are crystals that help you remember dreams?

What do you mean by "..do a proper clearing the night before.."? I assume you mean some kind of focusing to clear your crystals of negative energy. Yes? So why would that need to be done? Do crystals just trap energy in general, including negative energy, and that is why they need to be "cleaned", or some other reason?

I did purposely choose the amethyst cave and the labradorite. They are both protection and purification crystals - perfect for beside where you sleep. The clear quartz is for the clearing/protection and can aid in remembering dreams. The rose quartz I chose because it's a loving, motherly energy, which really works well for me - it's comforting. The smoky quartz transmutes negative energies and is a great manifesting & inspirational crystal.

The crystals I believe amplify my dreams because of the energy they put off. They also help open the third eye. All of these factors would help remember dreams because it's clearing clutter and making things more vivid.

What I meant by "clearing the night before" was indicating that when I have bad dreams or negative energies in the night, I did not do a good clearing of the room the night before. I always clear the room of negative energies before I sleep and fill the room with light.

It's also important to "clear" your crystals every once in a while by running cold water on them and setting them on a window ledge to soak up sun light. This restores their energy. Crystals really should be nurtured and cherished. But it just depends the purpose you have them for.

She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them. -Beau Taplin
Old 10-04-2012, 05:13 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
That's a good idea and something that will really help me. Thanks!

Oh I'm glad I could help :) It's a great book to have