Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Immystic99

What are your thoughts? RE: Visions

I have been having visions about my friends mother. She is elderly and in poor health. I have been right about her having to go to the hospital various times, as well as being able to tell when she's going to have a bad day and such. I have been having dreams about her funeral... I can see her in the casket, my friend and his wife standing there (down to the point of seeing her in a unique colored dress that I did not know that she owned, but I asked and she does have a dress like that). He asked me last evening if I have ever seen his mother's death, and I was honest and said yes. I feel as if I hurt him, although he said it's something that he knows is coming.

My question is: Do you tell someone something that you know might hurt? Did I do the right thing? I actually have a feeling when the actual death might be - and I don't want to tell him, but I know he's going to ask. I haven't been practicing long (I had blocked Spirit for many years, as I've had visions since I was a child and would scare myself), and so much of this is "new" to me.

Thank you and Blessings,
~E
Old 25-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Suspended
Master
Hi Immystic99

It Is a difficult one Isn't It.

Many of my thoughts / visions are bad news Indeed. Whether It's to do with car crashes or friends that are about to miscarry their child.

Should I tell my friend that I had a psychic warning about there baby. EEeekk!! I think I would of been punched on the nose...twice and once for luck.

Personally I don't say anything. I send light and love to the people Involved.

I don't think you can prevent these kinda things from happening

I am not sure what others think or feel about It that statement?

x daz x
Old 25-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Enya

Personally, I wouldn't tell him when I feel his mother is going to die. That's for her to know and him to experience and he might just get your 'prediction' tangled in his head and somehow blame you for causing it. People are funny-peculiar with such things and often shoot the messenger...
I am recalling as an example a friend who tore into me because I told her the message I was given from spirit. No matter that she'd deliberately asked for the info, she blamed me for saying it. Our friendship was never quite the same after that.

As Daz says, you can't prevent it, but you can be there when he needs you and maybe help him understand his mother will be fine. If he asks for a date or time, just tell him you can't say and it's in the hands of fate...
Old 25-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Summerland

I feel bad for all 3 of you. It is a heavy burden that all of you carry and am glad that I don't face the choices that you do. Immystic99, your neighbor must know that his mother is going to die; don't let him shift the burden of that onto your shoulders Perhaps the next time that it is brought up just tell him that the individual chooses the time and what you see has nothing to do with it.
I suppose that the accepted practice for those who see the future is to not answer questions about death. It is supposed to be cloaked in generalized terms like "I see a loss in your future" and not go into further detail.
There will be others here who aremediums who can guide you better than I . I have always wanted that gift, but had not looked at it from your vantage point.
So I would like to thank all of you for opening my eyes to what I ask for and the ramifications.
Old 25-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Immystic99

Thank you

Thank you all for your thoughts. I was once told that I should relay anything that I was told by Spirit. That being said, how do you tell someone something that is so personal and devastating? What if I were somehow wrong? I have heard of times when someone's friendships were ruined because of something like this. I love and respect this person, and would never want to hurt them. They are going through much pain now in their life (many things going on - more than one person should have to go through actually).

I will take your advise and say nothing, but will continue to send light to them. As I said in my introduction earlier - I have found a home here!

~E
Old 25-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeiacatl

Immystic99,

Hello! What an amazing gift you have! And yes death can be a painful experience, but also death is not even real, only the ego dies, the spirit lives on for infinite. This doesn't mean its not okay to moron. Morning is perfectly natural. Everyone living being morons, from trees, to birds, to dolphins, to humans. Keep in mind however; it is just a transitory stage from one life to the next. It is an essential part of making our journey back home. We never truly lose anyone whom dies. It only appears that way in this physical world.
Yes, i believe you did the right thing. Your friends may use this vital time now to listen with, spend time with, and help their mother clear out any life regrets or pain she maybe holding onto. Do this by listening to what she has to say. As this may hinder her from crossing over completely. Tell them to tell their mother she dose not need to worry about her children and they are all safe. And use the time as a celebration, because we never die! We are completely safe at all times in the womb of the Great Spirit. The best thing they can do is just be there and love themselves, and their mother before she crosses over. These are all suggestions, and you do not have to take them. i just wanted to share my feelings and thoughts with you. I hope they aid you in some way.
With all my love,
~Yeiacatl
Old 25-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Summerland

I really want to make it very clear that I am NOT a medium. So I don't know what is best to do about dire or bad news. I am strictly going by what I have read here and in books and from watching mediums such as Sylvia Brown. I can look at someone and know if they are ill and when I ask, it turns out that they are, but they just haven't felt like talking about it. Is it a "knowing" or just good observational skills ? There have been times when I have a premonition that someone is going to die. But I had a very vivid vision of my own death and it has not yet occured (obviously) Sometimes one CAN change future outcomes by simply turning left on a street instead of going the regular route. Then later finding that a very serious accident occured on our regular route.
In the case of being able to enjoy better the time that is left to someone who is to die, in a way that would be such a gift, but a bittersweet gift. Knowing that this is going to be the last birthday, last X-mas, last hoiliday..... Wouldn't it be wonderful to treat everyday as if it were the last?
Old 25-01-2011, 06:48 PM
iolite

I think that if you can make sure that he is able to be there before she dies so that he can say his good byes, that would be really good. Maybe that's why you were shown when she'll die.

Instead of saying the exact date instead, I'd say something like, "I think it'll be really soon" if it's going to be or if not "I think that you've probably got some time yet".
Old 26-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Immystic99

It Is a difficult one Isn't It.

Many of my thoughts / visions are bad news Indeed. Whether It's to do with car crashes or friends that are about to miscarry their child.

Should I tell my friend that I had a psychic warning about there baby. EEeekk!! I think I would of been punched on the nose...twice and once for luck.

Personally I don't say anything. I send light and love to the people Involved.

I don't think you can prevent these kinda things from happening

I am not sure what others think or feel about It that statement?

x daz x

Well...I have had a lot of angst over this situation. Yes something may happen regardless.

If you can clearly remember your vision or dream...that's one thing. But even though , then you have to sort out whether there is anything you can or should do.

In a lot of the cases described here...there's nothing that can be done, except as Daz says, to send love and light...which is immensely helpful even if they don't know about it at the time. I think in those cases, you see the visions because you are intended to send love and light

But sometimes it seems the vision comes to you because you are supposed to intervene so that the end comes out different....even tho you may not clearly remember or realise that it was all connected till later.

It's almost like it's prepping you unconsciously so that you will intuitively understand or just do what needs to be done at the time.

Maybe that just sounds like healerspeak...but I just follow my instincts/heart and try to sort it all out later...

Peace/blessings,
7L
Old 27-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Experiencer
I do think you need to be very careful in this kind of situation. Usually, mediums refrain from giving information of this kind to their clients and I think you would need to have an extremely good reason for doing otherwise. Whoever told you you should say everything you learn from spirit is very much wrong - it needs screening extremely carefully. One of the main responsibilities of mediumship is understanding what needs to be conveyed to someone in an emotionally vulnerable condition who may put complete faith in something you say.

The future is not set in stone. Psychic visions of the future are possibilities - they are simply the most likely outcome at this current time. To give an example, if a psychic sees their friend crash and die in a red car in a vision and tells them not to get into a red car, and that friend remembers the advice and doesn't go for the car ride which ends in the crash, the event in the vision never happens. Circumstances can change such that your vision, though accurate at the time, turns out to be wrong, and of course visions or messages can sometimes be wrong because of human error too.

Unless you are actually delivering such a warning in an attempt to save someone's life, or have a similarly profound reason, I think delivering a prediction of a time or cause of death - or even other significant misfortunes such as illness or financial collapse - is a huge no-no. You can deeply impact someone's life this way and whether you are wrong or right, despite best intentions, the result of venturing into this territory is unlikely to work in your favour and relationships can be severely damaged by the fallout.

Gifts like this are wonderful but with such ability comes responsibility!