Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I reckon SG has a good point there.

Why, ty Squatch!

I'm quite different from 10 years ago. Even 5 years ago. It could be age...and the mellowness that age brings.

Yay, let's hear it for mellow!

Materialism has completely gone from my life....says she driving a Merc.

(It's a little Merc.)

Hey! I had a little Merc. too, once upon a time!

Simple pleasures.

Ditto that!

OK, I'll stop now.

Squatch

>^..^<

<><><><><><>

Old 16-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
That's cool, do you folks 'go off' as a group sometimes? I feel like Baba wawa!

Strictly a solo "flyer" Silvergirl although ..........
[I am just a rough rustic yokel who drives a hot BMW ]
Old 16-08-2011, 04:27 PM
sesheta

To Norseman

Interesting question and, funny enough, one that has been raised to me at work recently! A guy I work with is about to turn 25 (oh my, roll the eyes here) and is bothered that he is starting to get "old"!! (He asks this of me, quickly closing on 40!) He asked me one night if I think that your personality changes as you get older, or if people basically stay the same....
I told him exactly what I believe: that I think people never truly change, that you're always the same core person inside, but aspects of your personality will change/adjust as you get older. Whether it has anything to do with spirituality, or just life experience, I believe that our essence never truly changes.
I told my co-worker that my outlook on certain things is different - I'm more confident in myself, and care less what others think of me. I am stronger and more independent (brought on even more by the death of both my parents) and that, also, in some ways, I can get sad/lonely/ bitter a bit easier, just from experiencing so much loss of loved ones, disappointment, etc...But basically, I don't feel much different now than I did when I was in high school - I still have the same beliefs and basic truths I always did - perhaps more tempered/polished, but still me :)
Old 16-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Master
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Strictly a solo "flyer" Silvergirl although ..........
[I am just a rough rustic yokel who drives a hot BMW ]

What is that sound I hear? Strains of "Baby You Can Drive My Car", if I'm not mistaken.

Old 17-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Hijacked my own thread !
I probably need to think more on this. It appears that most people came to spirituality over a period of time. Mine arrived with a bang. Probably need to think more on what spirituality means. To me, it's more about being on both sides of the veil.

What a position to find one's self in, lol.

It'd be interesting to hear more about your sudden spiritual awakening some time.

Old 17-08-2011, 04:15 AM
Administrator
Hello

HMMMM in all honesty from the Darker side if spiritual things to the Lighter side of Spiritual things to settle now in the balance of BOTH. In the place of acceptance that in the work that I do I need to have both side with me, for understandings....not to PLAY IN like I well used to.

Learned to embrace that the path I went on to some would be SEEN as very negative from a religious view point made me whom I am today. That I had things to learn for me to grow. To have that place of balance and accpetance in being a good person.....one that truly gives from the very soul level to other.

Lost the EGO that comes with being able to do things naturally that others so have to practice on....for year's at times. DONT take things for granted and dont hoard the knowlege one has.

Lynn
Old 17-08-2011, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
DONT take things for granted and dont hoard the knowlege one has.

Nice sentiment, Lynn. I likes.

Old 17-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
What is that sound I hear? Strains of "Baby You Can Drive My Car", if I'm not mistaken.

Before my time Silvergirl

More likely is "I'm on a highway to hell"

Last edited by norseman : 17-08-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 17-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Master
Exclamation

Do you know how hard it is to find the right car emoticon?!

...well, and you said it was "hot" ~ you didn't tell us the engine was overheating, lol!

Old 17-08-2011, 12:23 PM
mattie

Work In Progress

The biggie was moving out of fear. Real work! LOL. Sure feels better.

Drama that would have been an automatic hook engendering a substantial reaction is now usually just observed blandly. Patience is improved.

Moved into being more open about things that initially may seem implausible or even absurd. Many of these implausible things have made sense later as I’ve experienced things or had more context in which to understand them.

An interesting effect was as I actively worked on some areas, other areas which I wasn’t actively working on & weren’t really similar also expanded.