Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 06-04-2024, 10:03 AM
Pathfinder

How do you distinguish important dreams from common ones?

What do I mean by that?

A few months ago, through a dream, it was revealed to me that I am an oneiromancer.

Since 2020 my dreams have been becoming more and more vivid, to the point that I clearly remember numbers, dates and scenery and even now feel the sensation of a clear sunny day or being in awe of a beautiful interior of a house.

But there are also the dreams that stem from my everyday anxieties such as my mother's health, our day-to-day expenses, our day-to-day encounters with toxic people, the news from the world e.t.c.

During my short contemplation sessions, I have to come to distinguish 3 types of dreams.
1. The ones that I do not remember at all, and they are not worth thinking about.
2. The ones that I do remember but vaguely and they have to do with my everyday life and usually they are unpleasant to say the least.
3. The ones that I know for a fact that I have been somewhere else and I remember clearly (probably because I astral travelled) and they have to do with my spiritual awakening and journey to find my purpose here.

What frustrates me is that sometimes the lines between types 2 and 3 are blurred... almost indistinguishable...

The latest example, are two dreams that I had around 6 a.m. that involved my mother, my father and my uncle (who both have already transitioned).
The places I was at, I remember them clearly, they were crowdy and in the first dream celebratory. In the second I was waiting in a crowded place but for a medical answer from a doctor.
I know for a fact that they are linked to anxiety regarding mundane problems, but it gives me that they are also linked to my awakening and *maybe* the future.

My question is... when you know that the lines are blurred when it comes to the significane to your dreams how do you distinguish between the two? Does anybody have found a way to categorize their dreams based on their memory and feelinds that they have afterwards? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-04-2024, 02:57 PM
Administrator
Hello

When you have a dream you recall many times there is a message there something to look at or to be looked at. It might seem that its nothing but day to day life flowing in but when you keep track of the dreams over a few weeks or a month at times a bigger pattern will show up.

With dreams of those passed at times that might be just a visit from them saying HI we are ok. Other times its so that you look at something in your life you can change. Did they pass with unfinished bussiness or goals? This at times is a message for you to move and work on yours. Were affairs in order with their passing or was it a mess? This too at times can be a message to get things in order.

I would not put them into categories as it is all a dream in the end.

Lynn
Old 07-04-2024, 04:00 PM
Experiencer

hi dragoness crysta,

I think Lynn gave a great overview. It's all about messages and patterns and gradual progress.

I see all thoughts and dreams as important. Windows into creation, where the messages interrelate at many levels and in many ways. I've always been an enthusiastic follower of Carl Jung even before I was able to see life in a spiritual way. For me his idea of symbols and the collective unconscious bridged the gap between the material and the spiritual, giving the meaning between them. And that perspective remains a very active part of my path. A constant friend I can count on.

For dreams that just seem personal or emotional or psychological, and seem therefore less important, they still contain messages about what inner conflicts must be resolved. I then see them as next steps of what I need to work on. And I assume that if I resolve those issues, I will be better able to interpret whatever in my life comes after. So that preparation may become important later in ways not anticipated.

There is a common belief that we are alone in the process of figuring these things out, but I think these experiences do not come from nowhere. So I believe that along with these abilities, the universe sends us messages about the best way to share our talents. It is a gradual process starting with faith, and then following small signs along the way. And the more you pay attention then the more the process builds as you go.

I've always been able to remember dreams from many years ago. So then for me the most important dream is the one I am thinking about right now. Several come to mind. And for some dreams sometimes it takes me years to understand the meaning. With incremental steps along the way. And I see that gradual unfolding as a necessary part of living a meaningful life.

I don't actively look for or interpret dreams messages about the future. And I would not want that burden as long as I have a choice. I already have enough going on at the moment. It is an additional responsibility to be a good messenger. And I believe that some knowledge is not meant to be shared casually. In those cases there can be a certain benefit to holding awareness on behalf of another. Or listening to where they are and then offering in a way that is appropriate.

Good luck on your journey. Wishing you well. Take care.