Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
casper

Empathy for others is my sole focus...Am i normal????

Don't think i am crazy please but this governs how i live every day. It's the sole way
I've always felt like I'm different to people but in a strange way that i cannot put my finger on.
I'm very sensitive and empathetic...i can't bear to hurt peoples feelings. The feelings of guilt and regret, on the off chance that i do, is almost unbearable...even if it's just making a little joke about someone i can't do it! I can't bear to see other people sad either or being hurt by others - my heart goes out to everyone. If i see people sad or upset it makes me cry. I feel it is almost my job to comfort these people or lend a shoulder to cry on because no one else thinks of them and i feel some people were made to do these things, to comfort the downtrodden and reassure them...i believe i am one of these people!
I am 19 now but i've always been naturally kind since childhood and sensitive towards others. My parents and relatives have always loved this about me because I am a person who reaches out to people. Friends and others love me because I accept everyone for who they are. I love people but i do not talk much unless spoken to or absolutely need to (i don't know why....i suppose talking isn't the only communication. I believe in action/body language/eye contact a little more)

But i feel like a freak because i am a 19 year old who is not concerned about fashion, partying or material goods. I work for a charity because i've always wanted to work for a charity. But it is never satisfying enough for me...I was thinking of taking up more. I don't feel like a normal person because my focus and the way i am is quite different to most people my age i know. People my age do like me but have a different focus in life...i feel a pull from a spiritual side rather than a human needs side. I feel the pain fro others in the world...and don't feel pressures from peer pressure or other things. Am i weird?? :/
Old 10-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Toolite

That's not the only gift you have nor your main purpose.. When you feel another person its so that you can pray for them.. go to God on their behalf doesn't have to be anything long and/or give them an encouraging word..

you are different and people will sense it but, its a good thing and I wouldn't put too much into it..

Do allow yourself to be taught to balance the emotions felt.. Your spirit Guide can help or on a simplier basis just ask God..

Its a good gift that reveals alot.. So smile in this gift..

All The Glory BElongs To God Forever!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Casper,
Do you have alot of Pisces in your sign?
You will have to learn to protect yourself from so many feelings. Oh, boy.
It can be overwhelming sometimes if you don't, right?
You're gift can be channeled and honed. Meaning - you may find a
career, say, as a therapist, healer, life coach, guidance counseler and excel beyond others as people are drawn to your
compassion and gentleness -your lack of judgment.

You're so sweet - but could be taken advantage of - that's the protector in me.
There are things you can do before walking out your door that
can protect your "aura" or heart - like zipping up a jacket from the wind...you still feel it, but it doesn't "hurt" you.

Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Seeker

I think you will find that most of us on here feel that we dont quite fit or have felt different from others or perhaps that we just don't belong/like it here. We are all on a journey of discovery, physically and emotionally.

I would love to hear about you, your thoughts and experiences, perhaps you can teach us all something?

Love, Light and Blessings to you x
Old 10-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Master
In my opinion, there's no such thing as "normal."

You are, and that's all there is to it.