Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Greybeard

One of the most ancient presently existing forms of complex life structure on Earth is the stromatolite, which in times gone by was the prevalent form of life on Earth [fossil remains are found worldwide] but which today is limited to a couple of dozen limited locales on our planet. A great example of living stromatolites is the colony at Shark Bay in Western Australia.

These structures are bacteria which have come together to form larger, more complex organisms that provide them with better means of survival. The same sort of thing can be seen in many forms with bacteria in the modern world, in other forms.

The DNA molecule has one trait that is undeniable: it seeks to reproduce itself. In order to do this, and survive, it must be conscious of its surroundings (here is consciousness, and I seriously doubt that it is "primitive") and it must be able to adapt to changing or varied environments, which is demonstrated by the multitude of life forms here on Earth, with deep sea vents providing striking examples of just how adaptable DNA is. We can ascribe this adaptability to purely mechanistic causes [and I wouldn't argue the point] but it seems to me that the Consciousness which must be a primary virtue of this molecule implies intelligence. We humans have a particular type of intelligence, very useful in meeting new problems, but one that blinds us to the deeper intelligence inherent in all life. Our arrogance gets in the way.
Old 24-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake
haha, I think you are inventing issues where there are none Alternate Carpark. I'm simply asking an open question to see what kind of responses I get. There is no real crisis about the nature of viruses here nor do I expect a definitive answer that will prove to me the nature bacteria and viruses. Also, did you somehow miss that you are in SPIRITUALforums.com as you complain that I come here to get a SPIRITUAL perspective?!
Drake, you are free to think whatever you want of what I am doing.

I know you simply asked a question, but you did seem to be unable to see that I have simply answered that question.

I have answered your enquiry according by what I regard as an issue relating to said enquiry.

I know nothing of these, "real crisis about the nature of viruses here nor do I expect a definitive answer that will prove to me the nature bacteria and viruses.",
that you have spoken of.
Nor did I think of them when I was pondering your question and my response.

I gave what I consider to be a simple answer, and it is you that has added so much to it.
Quote:
Also, did you somehow miss that you are in SPIRITUALforums.com
as you complain that I come here to get a SPIRITUAL perspective?!
~looks~ Huh? Where did I complain about anything you have done or said?
Old 24-10-2011, 02:30 AM
mattie

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by deztini3
... you have no idea what youre talking about.

It requires a fairly high level of omniscience to determine how another person comprehends something.

Disagreeing w/ what another has said is very different than telling them ‘you have no idea what youre talking about.’
Old 24-10-2011, 02:40 AM
mattie

Dimensional Levels Of Awareness

It’s a good question.

As we’re humans we tend to be rather human-centric. We are one level of awareness & energetic development (3D-5D w/ some in 5D+). These various levels of development range from 1D-12D energies. We tend to anthropomorphize our nonphysical energies, seeing other levels of energies as being similar even thought this may not apply. Viruses & bacteria have their level of intelligence & awareness that is consistent w/ their D. We have the awareness that is consistent w/ our dimensional level.

All things are energy, animate & inanimate. We tend to discount the energies of those things we consider lesser than us such as the elements, plants, & animals, but we are actually closer energetically to these things than the 12D energies of the Universe (God).

The more we find out scientifically about how energies are structured, the more we find a rich interconnected complex structure. What if our entire Universe is but one cell in the body of the multiverse?
Old 24-10-2011, 02:48 AM
mattie

All Energetically Interconnected Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Bacteria to us, is what we are to the planet, and the planet to the solar system, and the solar system to the galaxy...

Quote:
Time, could you elaborate what you mean? What are we to the planet? Are you saying the planet itself, the round ball of rock and dirt we live on, is more sentient and spiritual than the lifeforms living on it??

I would interpret Time’s comparison in this way. There are many energies that make up what exists on this planet & bacteria are part of these interconnected energies. Our planet is one part of the solar system. Galaxies are made up of MANY stars & their solar systems. The Universe is made up of countless galaxies.

One can view the Universe as one WHOLE interconnected organism that is continually expanding & recreating itself.
Old 24-10-2011, 02:54 AM
mattie

Curious View Of Humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mec
for me, bacteria = living = soul. even a rock has its own level of energy.

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mec
...I hear humans mimic bacteria, feeding off the planet and giving nothinig back in return.

Very dim view of humans.

Bacteria have many useful functions. So do humans!!!
Old 24-10-2011, 02:56 AM
mattie

Awareness That Of It's Experience Dimensionally

Quote:
... Does anyone think that bacteria might have self awareness, emotion, and intent like we do, but simply cannot express itself in a way that we can comprehend?

Their level of awareness & intelligence is consistent w/ their dimensional BEing. Human emotions are N/A.

From the bacteria's POV it may be really odd that humans can't divide & replicate thier self.
Old 24-10-2011, 02:58 AM
mattie

Spot On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard
Bacteria contribute to the Earth. They literally created our present atmosphere, making life as we know it possible. They perform many vital functions. To say they contribute nothing is far from the truth.

Quote:
Not to mention the bacteria who live in your own body, both in your gut and within each cell...and without whom you would not exist.

Very useful to note that bacteria are a VITAL part of physical life as we know it.
Old 24-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Time

Quote:
Not to mention the bacteria who live in your own body, both in your gut and within each cell...and without whom you would not exist.

Is there an echo in here?
Old 30-10-2011, 07:47 AM
loka1282

Re: Bacteria, from a spiritual perspective

Quote:
Ok, here's my wacky question for ya'll. What do you think the bacteria is like, from a spiritual perspective?

-Does each bacteria cell have its own tiny little soul?
-Are groups of bacteria really part of some collective mind that people just don't recognize? (like the way a person is made up of a whole community of cells, and yet is one)
-Are they just little units of existence tuned into specific spiritual forces that can be manipulated and changed spiritually by whatever spirits are acting upon them?
-Are they completely un-spiritual, and actually more like little robots?

What are your thoughts? And if we want to go even farther, what about viruses? Those things are basically just little syringes full of DNA, what possible positions they have spiritually?

Bacteria do have a soul. They are living beings as well..but they are not conscious beings. I mean a CONSCIENCE..That CONSCIOUSNESS is there for Humans only. That is the reason for why we have the opportunity to bring the transformation of this being which the bacteria don't have.