Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Moon Willow

Quote:

Why would one want to contact dead people when there are good people who are alive and who give us the same information?

I think it's not just people wanting to contact those who have passed over - it's those who have passed over that want to contact us on the earth plain just as much.

I am only at the very beginning of my spiritual journey and haven't developed my medium skills much, but I already know that I have a constant line of people in spirit trying to get my attention when ever I am around their friends and family (and this isn't something I have consciously wanted to happen - it's just been a natural progression and obviously a natural ability).

And some of the information I have received from mediums have helped me in huge ways to move on, heal and learn - and it wasn't just the 'same old stuff' and there was no way someone 'living' could have given me the answers I needed (except for the medium of course).

That's my opinion and experience anyway.

Love, light and blessings to all,
Moon Willow
Old 12-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Enya

Here's a thought - what if the dead want to contact you, and do?
Old 12-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Here's a thought - what if the dead want to contact you, and do?

Hello

Then if one is open to that communications can be a blessed event. To be able to pass along a message to a LOVed on is an amazing thing. To help a Ghost move on to be in Spirit is very moving.

To know there is more when the body dies that we LIVE on is wonderful.

That we all FIND peace if we lacked that in this life lead.

Lynn
Old 12-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Rumar

Who WOULDN'T want to get info from the dead? You learn more about history this way by getting contacts from that point in time than reading in the book and getting just whoever printed it out's point of view.

To read how bad it really was during the Great Depression, instead of reading of the poverty and the struggles, hear a person who lived and worked through that period's point of view! You get emotion, you get insight, you get the every day guy's info.
Old 13-11-2010, 04:11 AM
Master

Thank you all for your comments. Rumar I laughed when I read your post. Imagine not being able to contact angels etc. My husband said the same as you. He said you would not be able to pray to Jesus and to others because they are all dead. Therefore it does not make sense what it says in the bible. I am glad I got it out of my system because it has been on my mind for some weeks.
Old 13-11-2010, 10:07 AM
mac

As the Nazarene - Jesus - keeps getting a plug, let's not forget that he was probably the world's most accomplished physical and mental medium.....

Just think about that when "the Bible" declares loftily that the dead are not to be contacted.
Old 13-11-2010, 10:10 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
Who WOULDN'T want to get info from the dead? You learn more about history this way by getting contacts from that point in time than reading in the book and getting just whoever printed it out's point of view.

To read how bad it really was during the Great Depression, instead of reading of the poverty and the struggles, hear a person who lived and worked through that period's point of view! You get emotion, you get insight, you get the every day guy's info.

Would that it were that simple....

Communication just isn't that way in most evidential mediumship. There's no way of 'calling up' anyone, let alone someone from a specific period of time.....

If there were, then survival beyond death would be a doddle to prove in any amount of detail demanded by the sceptics.
Old 13-11-2010, 12:19 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
As the Nazarene - Jesus - keeps getting a plug, let's not forget that he was probably the world's most accomplished physical and mental medium.....

Just think about that when "the Bible" declares loftily that the dead are not to be contacted.

brilliant.
Old 13-11-2010, 12:35 PM
glenos

Double Brilliant