Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-06-2018, 04:49 AM
Master
This is a Christian sub-forum within the context of a general spiritual forum. I have heard many arguments here that God is NOT real...…. I find it disheartening.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-06-2018, 07:27 AM
Master
Reading NDE's gives me a sense of what God is, in these there is most often something exceptional and absolutely desirable in 'the Light', I think overwhelming love and peace comes closest to the description of what it feels like to be in His presence. I think Jesus also captures something important when he speaks of 'my Father', not just some cold philosophical idea of God but a vitally interested and caring force.

The alternative, something like nirvana which is probably more popular in new age forums, is in comparison a cold hope since "Nirvana literally means "cool" or "to extinguish", it is a state where suffering has been "extinguished." Or said another way, the flames of desire have been cooled. In short, it is a state of the ultimate freedom - freedom from sorrow, but also freedom from happiness."

It's probably more cool to be Buddhist, but I'm looking to the warmth of Jesus and the Father any day.
Old 28-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Life has a lot to offer, but it is a poisoned challis. Life is too cruel, and too transient.
The cruelty that exists is the result of the fact that we have all sinned and our sins have poisoned all of God's creation. Jesus die to atone for our sins; anyone who repents and puts his faith in him will be forgiven. A time is coming when God will remake the universe to eliminate sin forever. Those who follow Jesus now will be part of the new universe.
Old 28-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Administrator
I Agree with Honza please keep this in the context that it should be

Namaste
Old 29-06-2018, 03:21 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
I have learned about cosmic consciousness, the inner light, the universal I and so on. But I still find myself wishing there was a *real* God up there in the heavens. I wish personality and ego were important, other people were real and wish that we are in the process of Creation.

Christ offers that my wishes come true. I'm with Him.

Honza,

I believe in a personal God, an actual Being who loves and understands us.

A Course in Miracles, a 'channeled' work written by Jesus and transcribed by a person, speaks of God as a loving Father.

There's a channeled, non-physical entity named Lazaris who says, 'We are here to remind you that there is a God, that there is a God/Goddess/All That Is, who loves you, who knows your name.'

In Neale Donals Walsch's 'Conversations with God' books, in which Neale receives thoughts from God and writes down what he hears, God says, 'Do you imagine that God can't laugh at a good joke?'

A few thoughts about God: God is neither male nor female. God loves everyone equally, never gets angry, and never punishes anyone. God sees everything exactly as it is and understands everyone and everything perfectly (God is omniscient). God can easily do anything (omnipotent). Finally, all beings are manifestations, or forms, of God.

I hope this helps.
Old 29-06-2018, 04:09 AM
Experiencer

my apologies to you Honza--no need to be disheartened-God really does exist.

Honza-God will meet you, in your journey to find Him
Old 29-06-2018, 04:23 AM
Master
"God does exist" - that would be wonderful.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 29-06-2018, 05:38 AM
Master

Here's another view;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Ky2J5b9ZI
Old 29-06-2018, 01:47 PM
Pathfinder
Honza. God is real and He knows you personally. He loves you and wants only to have a relationship with you. Rest in his peace and know that he is God. He stands at the door and knocks, his promise is if you hear him knocking (which your post confirms you do) then if you answer and let him in, he will eat with you and you with him. It's a personal thing. As the relationship grows it's also a tangible thing. You can experience a relationship with a individual daily. He's my best friend but also my God. My prayer for you is that you know him too. God bless you!
John 3:16
Old 29-06-2018, 02:10 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I have learned about cosmic consciousness, the inner light, the universal I and so on. But I still find myself wishing there was a *real* God up there in the heavens. I wish personality and ego were important, other people were real and wish that we are in the process of Creation.
Christ offers that my wishes come true. I'm with Him.

the person who wrote the book on such matter, speaks nonsense. he (Bucke), said "death is an absurdity, that everyone and everything has eternal life". this statement alone shows he's as wrong as a left shoe on a right foot! MANY of us has lost a love one in death. if "everyone HAD ETERNAL LIFE", they would still be here, sad! this is why I don't listen to man especially when it concerns things of a spiritual nature.

also you're confusing me here , you believe in Jesus, then you should believe in what he said concerning a "REAL GOD", (John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life). but why is it that you believe there is NO God? "God" ,Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), Jesus Father is VERY REAL! and he loves humans so much ,that he sent his Son to died, so that we may gain ETERNAL LIFE. peace