Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Knower
Book1 Thinking about Unitarianism

Greetings. I am sending this message because I am thinking about trying out the idea of Unitarianism by sitting in on a service. I would like to hear from someone on the inside on what to expect as I am somewhat nervous.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 27-08-2018, 02:15 PM
Master
Seems you are young.
Let me ask, have you grown up in a family Christian environment? Or, have you come to Christ and made a decision for Him, on your own?
If so how did that come about?

What has appealed to you about Unitarianism?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 30-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Seems you are young.
Let me ask, have you grown up in a family Christian environment? Or, have you come to Christ and made a decision for Him, on your own?
If so how did that come about?

What has appealed to you about Unitarianism?

The environment I grew up in was complicated, mainly due to the fact that I never found a church until High School and the fact that my parents never really upfront with their faith. I have not made a 100% decision as I am still young, but I am sure that God/Jesus would want me to act on the principles of Unitarianism.

The appeal for Unitarianism for me was the belief system which included open-mindedness and accepting others for who they are. I am no qualms with Christianity as a whole and will continue with my main church, but I have grown tired of people using faith in the Christian God as a reason to harass and harm others for reasons that are silly to me.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 30-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Ascender

Hello PeaceChic99.
Without wishing to influence your choice going forward but as another possible group of friends who I think you will find supportive and active in very practical ways in "peace work" is the Society of Friends--Quakers. Good wishes. petex