Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Greg

General spirituality

I'm a little confused as to where I stand on my spirituality at the moment. I seem to be dfrifting away from Buddhism into more "generalised" spirituality, if that's a term? I love reading books by Neale Donald Walsch, Deepak Chopra and seem to have a bit of an obsession with books on near death experiences. My belief in God is a pantheistic one, i.e I believe the universe is God and that there is no such thing as seperation between anything in it. Is Pantheism itself a religious belief or does it tie itself merely to Buddhism, Taoism etc?
Are there others out there who feel that they don't tie themselves to any specific religious or spiritual belief?
Old 07-04-2011, 02:03 PM
clovelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
I'm a little confused as to where I stand on my spirituality at the moment. I seem to be dfrifting away from Buddhism into more "generalised" spirituality, if that's a term? I love reading books by Neale Donald Walsch, Deepak Chopra and seem to have a bit of an obsession with books on near death experiences. My belief in God is a pantheistic one, i.e I believe the universe is God and that there is no such thing as seperation between anything in it. Is Pantheism itself a religious belief or does it tie itself merely to Buddhism, Taoism etc?
Are there others out there who feel that they don't tie themselves to any specific religious or spiritual belief?

Hi Greg,

No need to be confused there are many people that are spiritual, but don't feel like they resonate with any religious groups or ways. Generally these people call themselves spiritualists and you will find many here on SF.

I don't know of any pantheist religion, and I wouldn't worry about that so much. It's healthy always explore, question & find what resonates with you. Find your own truths.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Greg

Thanks Clovelly. My religion is literally 'Meditation' at the moment, which I think is a pretty cool religion :)
Old 07-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Master
I definitely don't go in for the 'for the masses' dogma. For me the only thing that is necessary is a personal relationship with God, or the Universal Conscioussness as you prefer to call it. Turn your eye within and all will be revealed in time. And never take anyone else's word for it. If Jesus appears before you and tells you something that doesn't ring true, you need to politely ignore him and find your own answers.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:08 PM
mac

spirituality, not Spiritualism

As a general comment, the title of this forum is 'Spiritualism', in the 'Religions and Faiths' branch.

FYI Spiritualism is a religion and philosophy in the UK, a philosophy elsewhere, and is not spirituality, a noun related to the general state of being spiritual.
Old 27-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg

Oh, absolutely! I'm breaking ground here.

The most that I can say is that I relate most to Greek philosophical spirituality. My style of spirituality is closer to the Stoics and Epicureans than any pop religious spirituality that one finds today.

But I'm not simply copying any particular philosophical spirituality either. I'm neither a Stoic nor an Epicurean. I am simply emulating approaches that I find valuable in them to adapt them to modern life and my own insights.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 27-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Master
Hi Greg, use all these tools to work out your own inner truth and then drop them.
Old 27-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Enlightener

Well said, Psychoslice :)
Old 28-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Master
Hi Greg,

there are tons of stuff to help you on your path, but for me, the truth comes from within. Basically, whatever resonates with me is my truth. I'm kind of a mixed bag of stuff. From what I have read from some people on this forum, I think they are too. lol

So, whatever resonates with you, is your truth. But more than anything, go within.

zipzip
Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 PM
aser's homie

Sometimes dear, you will find a stone on a road that may not be the best stone for you but the road can be the better way...

What I mean is that you can find examples of peoples that say they are and that they may but may not comfort your spiritual/freedom persona. But rather the path that cultivates what those peoples are locked to can be the path that can unlock it easier for the spirit at the higher levels of approach.

Like any example whatsoever..