Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-01-2018, 06:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Do you know that none of us are ever alone? As spiritual beings, such a thing can not happen.

yes you are never truly alone but at the same time there is greater or lesser emotional distance. Hence loneliness.
Old 28-01-2018, 07:20 AM
Master
Was just thinking. Living in a cold climate in winter can be hard on the soul. Limited hours of light and spending limited time outdoors itself is a struggle. By this time of year i can only day dream of basking in the sun and seeing life once again. But it will come and it will be beautiful. The flowers,the bees,green plant life. Its about 60 days away but it will come.
Old 28-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
yes you are never truly alone but at the same time there is greater or lesser emotional distance. Hence loneliness.

Hi,

Correct. The fact and reality is that every lonely person can eliminate such a thing with the suggestion I made about building this love bond with their higher self.

It is a lot easier to say than do for sure. However the choice to change your life experiences is yours to make.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 28-01-2018, 09:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Was just thinking. Living in a cold climate in winter can be hard on the soul. Limited hours of light and spending limited time outdoors itself is a struggle. By this time of year i can only day dream of basking in the sun and seeing life once again. But it will come and it will be beautiful. The flowers,the bees,green plant life. Its about 60 days away but it will come.
The limited hours of light are a struggle every year. But spring will come. Thank you for posting this and reminding me.
Old 28-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Lorelyen

Difficult for me to comment because darkness in my life was in my earliest teens before certain changes in my home circumstances. I managed to brave a way through but a loneliness was forced upon me by circumstances making it difficult to make and keep friends. I suppose I hacked out a lifestyle, threw myself at that age into art and music as best as I could. I even touched on religion (through my own efforts though it did meet the rare approval of my birth parents).

School was no help. It didn't acknowledge the individual and (looking back) my efforts were probably looked on with scepticism. I suppose I sensed something would change and perhaps that gave me some optimism - but it was no consolation that (just as now) I was a misfit. It worried me far more then than now - because the misfits in society can turn their traits to "profit" if they're benign and given scope. If nothing else it taught me to be resourceful. I suspect if things hadn't changed I'd have felt thrown down the well of despair. But they did change and everything suddenly expanded.

Something else it taught me was that, given a chance to become involved with people/society, I found that being alone was different from being lonely. I had learned to be alone and get by - it afflicts me even now. Yes, it has its downside (or what some might think is a downside) - in things like relationships one relies on nothing so until recently I'd avoid making an effort if things didn't work out - something I now look on as selfish in the bad sense. I'd make some effort but if things became divergent I wouldn't look into myself. It was very take it or leave it. That may suggest a coolness of emotions but it doesn't mean they're shallow. I'm not sure I've shaken that off completely but I try. I still remember my Children's Officer saying, "You don't like to mix? Then don't mix!"

Awakening? I think if we look back through our lives any and every attempt to question the status quo or to ask yourself why you don't fit with expectations is part of the process of awakening if you're prepared to be as honest as you can...an honestly that purifies as you develop an understanding of yourself and reach out for a true self uncluttered by social conditioning, peer-pressures and things.

Awakening was never an Eureka! moment for me - well, maybe there were some Eurekette moments but it's still in progress. Perhaps others have big-bang awakenings?
Old 28-01-2018, 03:38 PM
Master
Bunny

Loneliness is an awful feeling—one that brings me some sadness even now. I am in a position where my soul is asking me to not just let things go (which I find fairly easy, given I’m not big on possessions) but to let those whom I’ve always known, like my family and friends, also people on various spiritual forums like this one, go in order to make changes to me spiritually. Not only that, but I’m in a position where I am being asked to not let anyone in at all for a while until certain requirements are met.

I have decided to resist that aspect of myself, but it’s costing me a lot of mental energy. I have mantras I say almost daily to keep those desires at bay.

Is it the most spiritually healthy? Given I’m going against my soul’s desire, probably not, but given I tried multiple times to avoid contact with others and only wound up screaming madly out of boredom and frustration, and incredible sadness and anger, I’ve felt it prudent to keep those people in my life. Sure, the relationships may feel shallow at times, and there’s this persistent feeling of not truly belonging, but hell it is infinitely better than what my soul is asking me to do.

The very thing that kept me going, were definitely the people I met and talked to and in some cases, got them asking about their own spiritual path. To stop connecting with others is incredibly painful for me. Feelings and discoveries are often meant to be shared.

And while am I aware of there being several spirit guides and occasionally an angel around me, I still feel alone because I can’t talk with them or see them or even feel them. The feeling of being alone, outweighs my knowledge that I am not, by a landslide.

In short, what I chose to do is rather difficult, and has not assuaged all of the sadness I feel. But it has kept me sane. My soul’s path is an unusually difficult one to follow however, so I advise that unless you’ve really got a nice, comfortable life that is enjoyable with a lot of 3d pleasures (like me) to just ride the feelings through and surrender, like many others before you.

Be braver and and a better person than me lol.
Old 28-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow

Tell me about it, I live in North Dakota, one of the coldest states in the USA lol.

I’m definitely eager for my six months of nice weather :)
Old 28-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi
Tell me about it, I live in North Dakota, one of the coldest states in the USA lol.

I’m definitely eager for my six months of nice weather :)
i think north Dakota has Wisconsin beat for cold.
Old 28-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Newbie ;)

I understand the loneliness completely. When I went through my dark night, I lost my mother and broke up with an ex of five years. I hadno one to talk to and was barely sleeping for months. There were certain things that happened that I couldn't explain to anyone. I'm in a much better place now, mentally, though still a bit of a loner.

It helps to connect to nature. When you look out around you and realize you are the expression of the universe, here to experience itself, and everything is part of that stream, you aren't truly alone, are you? You are the trees, the breeze, the bird flying by.

And it's ok to reach out to others, even if they don't fully understand. They might surprise you! It's important to find a way to express yourself regardless.
Old 28-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowzie

I've always felt like an outsider, and no I feel further from civilization. I feel grateful that I've experienced such a shift in my life, but I'm at a loss as well. I've never felt so alienated or alone, even when I was truly alone.

So, I'd like to know how other people have endured loneliness triggered by an awakening or their Dark Night of Soul. How have you coped with it?

If you are looking for a likeminded person to connect with, feel free to shoot me a pm.