Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 30-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Pathfinder

Philosophy Suicides

http://philosophysuicides.wordpress..../06/25/choice/
This is a story about an epic search for truth traversing from questions to questions until only one question remains: Who am I?

In the original version,
chapter 2-5 is more of a materialistic type...
it gets a bit more spiritualistic after that...
Chapter 10 answers all the questions of how and why...
and Chapter 11 deals solely on the question: Who am I?

If it is too long,
then there is a concise version too...
Old 02-07-2014, 12:17 AM
yumi14

Hahaha, thank you for this!

I started reading it last night.

Its quite interesting. I love the comic book style of it :)
Old 15-07-2014, 12:19 AM
Experiencer

Read the concise version, and it very accurately describes what I went through 6 months ago. I was depressed and gave up. Basically I thought "whatever, if this is how my life will be then so be it, I'm not killing myself". With that out of the way I thought "so how does it feel?", and to my surprise I felt better and actually started laughing. It was the questions and the acceptance of the following absurdity of it. So how?

I did not let anyone give me the answers, I was to see for myself. Furiously I read tons upon tons of things about philosophy, religion, psychology and everything related to it. None of it could provide the answers, but it lead to interesting questions. A philosophy is written by a philosopher, but how does the philosopher know the things they know? Why did Socrates say that he knew he knew nothing? What really makes anyone knowledgeable? Is it possible to know nothing and still learn something? Who am I really? What is it that defines who I am?

There was indeed a time where I knew nothing, I was born into this world knowing nothing. I didn't know who I was, I didn't know about beliefs, I didn't fear anything, I didn't worry about time, I didn't see problems, I didn't care if I existed or not, I didn't care if I had free will or was determined, I had no need for a philosophy to live, I didn't fear death. There was no right or wrong, there was no true or false. Yet, I learned to walk, I learned to speak, I learned to read, I learned to do math, I learned to behave. All of them crucially important things to make it through life, still there's nothing more satisfying than to throw myself into something new and learn to walk again. I'll never grow up.

Who I am is irrelevant, only thing that matters is what I am. I am human, I am like everyone else.
Old 15-07-2014, 05:53 AM
Experiencer

Or whatever