Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:52 AM
violetmay

Most Haunted

Last week and this, I started watching Most Haunted. So what you say, we are all curious and open minded about Ghosts etc so why post. Well I thought I was so cool and open minded and o.k with it, or my own hauntings, that it was o.k. I end up spooked after watching this. Now I know it's all staged to a degree..

a) Family is being harrased by ghosts phones programme.
Show a reconstruction of what family see/feel.
b) Team check it out, pyshic Mia goes in.
c) Paranormal expert goes in.
d) Scientist go in.
d) At midnight they see what happens.
e) Next day it is banished.

Right all rational, a trouble poltergeist was sent on into the next realm last night, but it was the reconstruction that spooked me.. and when it didn't actually concur with the detail of the reconstruction I was relieved. I didn't doubt he was a real poltergeist.. but in staging a show like this.. it feels odd and sensationalised.

Also no knocking Mia the pyshic, sure is she is gifted psychic, but sometimes again it is staged and her feedback doesn't ring right...sorry if anyone knows her as I say don't doubt her talents... but these people are scared witless by the ghosts in their house, and when she says he's standing right next to you... they say.. oh yes I can feel it now... I wonder...

The bit that gives me the spooks at the end presenter says, hautings are on the increase, people in your street your friends etc are being hauted right now... sleep well. Sleep well.... I need a stong cocoa after!!! Think I will stick to it as I know it.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Administrator
LOL... My sister is hooked on this programme...
IMHO I feel sad that this is one of the most watched programmes on Satellite, and some people actually believe it to be real.

The language of the presenters is immature, and I feel the programme degrades the legitimacy of real psychics and paranormal investigations.

It recently was investigated by OFCOM (see: http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/...d.php?t=313688) as some people complained...

They should clearly state "This programme is for entertainment only. Events were staged and/or exaggerated. This is not a paranormal investigation."...

What do some of our clairvoyant members feel about this programme? Or do you think I take things too seriously?
...Sigh...
Mortality is as fragile as a Rose.
(From a note found on an Altar next to a single red Rose, signed by "The Goth Bride")
Love is the most important thing in the world...
http://www.devolution.co.uk | http://www.mattwarne.com | http://www.voluptas.info
Old 07-09-2006, 12:50 PM
violetmay

Hi...

Thanks for that reply... It was the clairvoyant in me that questioned the rehe****d tecnhnique and persuasive language used to suggest things to the punters. Don't doubt the pyschic is real, but in the aim to just get a show out, it's not all real. I really shouldn't watch it.. it's just a spook 'em and sensationalisation... Think would rather watch medium or our equivalent which are tv fiction but nearer the mark!

tx
Old 07-09-2006, 02:19 PM
nickmellor33

i too used to watch most haunted regularly until for me it became a farce and i agree with devolution the programme actually makes people think that all psychics and paranormal investigations are fake it made me t hink that until i started hearing voices for myself and i came on here and got answers the were real and true ........the worst fake of all imo is derek acorah who i read alot about and ive heard he's been on stage and he got found out .....

im sorry if i have upset people on here with what i say but i am desperate for personal reasons to know all the psychic stuff is real ......
Old 07-09-2006, 09:39 PM
chi chi

hi nick i agree with what you say about most haunted but i use to watch derek acorah when he did a one to one and found him to be quite a good medium but i do think he has spoiled his self by doing most haunted but saying that you never know how much they have cut out of the shows because they never seem to get anything wrong which i find strange cos nobody is 100% but they do say its for entertainment at the beginning xxx
Old 13-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Aqua

hi everyone i do agree in what most of you say but like chi chi says no ones 100% since i read this i havent watch derek acorah iv found a new program witch is quite good its called haunted homes witch i think is really injoyable to watch and interesting xxxxxx
Old 13-09-2006, 07:49 PM
chi chi

hi aqua i have seen all haunted homes not quite sure what ti think about it but i did enjoy watching them anyway but what puzzles me is they have other people going in to rid spirit priests mediums etc... but this woman they send in must be a miracle worker cos she always comes out on top not once does she not manage to rid these spirits so again sorry she isnt 100% either xxx
Old 13-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Aqua

i do agree in some ways but some things they do again they look staged but it amazes me how many psychics are out there, the man who gose in last i think is brilliant as he dosent always agree with her as the house is either old and should make noises or yeh there is paranormal things going on. xxx
Old 13-09-2006, 08:05 PM
chi chi

yeah but have you honestly come across psychics who do agree cos spirit will show itself one way or another to 1 person but not another so you can have 2 psychics in 1 room and both pick up on different energies good programme on saturday what you will really enjoy n thats AFTER LIFE i saw the 1st series its an excellent programme 1 not to be missed xxxx
Old 13-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Aqua

yeah what times it on and what channel is it on? Ill have to have a watch and ill let you no what i think i do agree with what you said as well but i think you put one psychic in a room then switch over i bet the second one will pick a few things up that the firsat one did but put it in a different way or even lets say the house there doing is built in 1876, one could pick up the past life from then and the other lets say in 1896, in witch case means they pickt up different dates but same house if you get me drift? xxx
Closed Thread