Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 12-02-2018, 02:44 AM
Knower
I actually deleted that post because after rereading it needed adjustments but did not have the time so I deleted it. I find it peculiar someone with admin powers would do that without informing me.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:34 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
I actually deleted that post because after rereading it needed adjustments but did not have the time so I deleted it. I find it peculiar someone with admin powers would do that without informing me.

I don't think that happened. It's up there just above your deleted post.
Most logical train of events is that you accidentally double posted the thing and deleted only the bottom one.

With Love
Eelco (feeling like a regular Spock right now. Live long and prosper)
Old 12-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Since I started this ‘Nature Evangelism’ (as I feel very passionate about Nature) – here is something I wrote years ago about a special place. Not exactly a ‘nondual awakening’ experience, but an expression of Nature Time as a 'direct pointer'.

Prior to moving to Central Australia I lived in Far Nth. Queensland tropics in a truly beautiful place with untouched nature still abound, but it was a small community - so in many ways living there was like living in suburbia as well. As such, I sometimes found it difficult to detach myself from the ‘human-mind-chatter-overlay-world’ and its ‘time-rhythm’, since it always was (and generally is), ‘the foremost consensus reality’ to consider in daily life.
So in order to experience/remember ‘nature time’, I sometimes made trips deeper into the rainforests or went further inland into savanna - country.

There is this place called Chillagoe, inland, not too far where I used to live. Dry, vast savanna-type landscape, dotted with ancient rock formations.

When I went there, it was like entering through a doorway into timelessness.
And within that vast-timeless-space-silence, every nature-sound, every movement (time) became only like an ‘echo of eternity’ or only like an accentuation of that timelessness, acquiring an almost illusory, somewhat hollow holographic quality, and yet - thus making the ‘holograph’ also Sacred.
Maybe one could call it: ‘Eternal-Primordial-All-Pervasive-All-Accommodating-Unconditional-Space-Awareness’, for it feels like the ‘Sourceless-Source’ for ‘All-That-Is’ - therefore making everything equal and interconnected.

In a way having gone through that ‘doorway’ was like having been swallowed up by ‘Womb of Creation’ itself, which can be likened to a meditative state where in the silence and stillness of your inner space you watch your thought-, and emotional forms arise from nothingness or emptiness only to see them dissolve into emptiness again - realizing that these thought and emotional forms do not have such solidity after all, solidity which one formerly took for granted.

Rainbow Serpent is said to hold all the creation in her belly, and when Thunder sounds, that is Rainbow Serpent's voice. This is not unlike Eurasian experience of hearing the sound of The Thunderbird heralding a moment, when time and timelessness, Essence and Creation meet at The World Tree – World Pole (like in nondual awakening experience).

Australian Aboriginal people are said to describe their psyche, their awareness with the word "Dreamtime" (not exactly their word for it) but in which the past, the presence and the future and all phenomenal existence are but a ‘display’ or ‘unfoldment’ of the said "Eternal Dreamtime" and this upside-down, or mirror view of the world being their ‘foremost consensus reality’.
To perceive in this primordial way gave them an understanding of the underlying law governing all our existence and how to live in this Sacred World accordingly.
(Now of course times have changed, but I do have a huge respect for this Country, and for its Dreaming and for those Elders who still remember it).

Since I am not an Australian native, I can only say, that my experience about Chillagoe is my own experienced version of trying to get closer to understanding "Eternal Dreamtime".
But maybe there are many Chillagoes in the world; - places, which like portals, at a given time grant us an entry into experiencing our multidimensionality for a moment that spells out Eternity.

Excellent dear friend, excellent ! Thanks for taking the time to share this. I totally relate to what you said as I've experienced similiar stuff here in Ireland. There was a moment a couple of Summers ago when I stood at a Lake called Innisfree made famous by WB Yeats poem, The Lake Isle of Innisfree, whilst standing there there was an eternal peace that was radiating everywhere, radiating from the surface of the Lake which showed not a ripple on this calm Summers day. It came over me bit by bit, as you say, like walking through a door or entering a portal into another world.

Once I was overcome with pure awareness and pure joy walking down a street in London, literally transported into another dimension but standing in nature by the lake isle of Innisfree felt a bit more deliberate but steady and
sure.This place is also a mountainous region and so you get to gaze and stand and look upon purple and blue small sized mountains that just speak to you with deep eternal presence. I drove through a mountainous region yesterday with snow capped mountains in the distant, beautifully comforting but i havent immersed myself since that time in Nature. Makes me want to plan a few days in the Spring/Summer. I got a present of a book recently written by an Irish/Shaman/Mystic visonary and the name of the Book is called The Dreamtime, obviously a nod to the Australian Aboriginals. So thanks for the opportunity to allow me to share and i can safely vouchsafe to say that these Portals of Source/Space are existing here in Ireland. Joe

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 13-02-2018, 12:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
i can safely vouchsafe to say that these Portals of Source/Space are existing here in Ireland.
Oh, thank G…* for that! Such a relief to hear!
The Ancestors used those Portals or Sacred Sites to let go, align and shift – in order to remember/rediscover the Sacred.
Yet one needs the ‘eyes’ to see and the ‘ears’ to hear them, but since you practice music and since a good jam session and/or a good musician can also take you through a ‘doorway’ and shift you, you would become sensitive to notice these shifts happening Joe.
(I am not a musician btw or the musician in the zoom thread, who though did use his art to shift, therefore shifting audiences as well – and one day “Spirit Design” happened – Zoom )

Quote:
Once I was overcome with pure awareness and pure joy walking down a street in London, literally transported into another dimension but standing in nature by the lake isle of Innisfree felt a bit more deliberate but steady and sure.

Perhaps I know what you mean - the shifts in Nature spots are so harmonious, easy and ‘solid’ so they can take you far without freaking you out.

Quote:
The Lake Isle of Innisfree, whilst standing there there was an eternal peace that was radiating everywhere, radiating from the surface of the Lake which showed not a ripple on this calm Summers day.

The rock formations I spoke in my post also radiate energy, but those I would describe as ‘singing’.
A bit like a siren’s call (but in a good way) and then becoming more and more enchanted:
Quote:
It came over me bit by bit

Though in my subsequent visits, just coming to a particular rocky site & the shift hit me all-at-once, like having all one's chakras blown open on the spot, especially the heart and realizing how blocked up I had become in the meantime ‘out in the world’.

Quote:
Book is called The Dreamtime, obviously a nod to the Australian Aboriginals.

Well, when talking about ‘group-think’ – many of the coastal peoples I know are now doing these vanishing Totemic Ancestor images out of the rubbish killing everything in the sea.
The depth of this grief I have not even dared to feel properly – but what you suppress/bottle up comes up like Whoooosh! OUCH – a dagger right through the heart, since Nature/Forest still IS my ‘Church’.
These are the open wounds that just won’t heal. Sort of what Dylan had said: “I've still got the scars that the sun didn't let me heal”.
And I am a bit afraid of the level of ‘wastedness’ (I know from experience ) I can go with them.

Thank you Joe for the opportunity allowing me to share.

Old 13-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Master

Zoom !!!! lololol hahahaha !! Yep I know what you mean that the eyes and ears have to be there, the attunement and alignment of the body/spiritual body ? Like it's years ago now since I first encountered the idea of Om lets say, A sacred sound or some might say The sacred sound ..does it matter ? By saying what i just said helps me to acknowledge that I am always capable of becoming side tracked and cul de saced too into Reason lets say and argumentation for it's own sakes, I was never good at that lol. some peeps here on the Forum are experts at that type of thing, that's their forte, their talent, I'm not so good at it myself but that's ok, i got the music bro. lol. Your so right when you say we can be taken through by musicians and voices of poets etc...ive experienced this but now as i grow a smidgeon wiser i'm thinking even more deeply about the healing that can go on through sound.

I was busking on the street for the first time and Before i Started I said even if one person walking by hears a healing sound of some sort in the song or guitar then it will be enough ..and it turned out to be a great occasion. And some money started to flow which was a really nice bonus.

I love when you say that the mountain was singing, woww excellent, i love it. Yes. To begin with for me this place at Innisfree had this palpable presence of peace which washed over me and allowed someone so out of tune perhaps from people etc. and cities to feel it in a very palpable and tangent way. You couldn't avoid it, but it was also beckoning too so the further i walked into the field the more that was there. So yep it's probably something that like internal meditation can be scary i suppose if we are not use to it.

You know I visited a buddhist monastery of this Buddhist Abbot Ajahn Sumedho who has actually mentioned the Sound of Silence a few times in his teachings. I think he has a book by that same title too.

Yes I dare not look too deeply into mad world and goings on in the plastic age. I feel your pain alright, it's very hideous the amount of pain and betrayal that consumptive society is capable of producing. Not sure where the solutions to it all lie ? Is it in technology, will it come with equality of all human kind, not just tokenism. Will it come with the destruction or metamorphoses of Capitalism into something more enligthening ? But yep that bob Dylan line thanks for reminding me is a line that may never leave me its a haunting but liberating line in its depth and accuracy to describe our ability to perish in a wasteful way. To waste away in self delusion. Worth a pause now and then to see how far you've come ..take a look down below into the valley occasionally. :) Ps. i cant really work the quote thing that good lololol. apologies. :)

Not Dark Yet , Bob Dylan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JBHyE18L3o

Last Great American Whale, Lou Reed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbBB8QEbUtg

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 13-02-2018, 10:19 PM
Master
Thanks again Joe and P.S:
Quote:
I got a present of a book recently written by an Irish/Shaman/Mystic visonary and the name of the Book is called The Dreamtime
If you do mean this book – it does sound really interesting!
https://books.google.com.au/books/ab...AJ&redir_esc=y

Old 14-02-2018, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Yep I know what you mean that the eyes and ears have to be there, the attunement and alignment of the body/spiritual body ?
Yes, I think so.
I don’t exactly know the mechanics of an ‘awareness shift’ either, but my guess is - that it is an alignment "with" the ‘Energy Body’:
https://drakebearstephen.files.wordp...14/07/em71.jpg

Somebody here might have better ideas or better wording?

Perhaps a shift into a nondual ‘silent communication’ with somebody could be likened to a communication situation with ‘ghosts’.
In the latter - the physical body – the eyes and ears are not there anymore – but the energetic presence is and the energy body sees and hears directly within - energetically.

Therefore I think that the Sacred Sites or Portals in Nature have a profound effect on one's energy body as they awaken you to your energetic layers.

The deeper or ‘higher’ the shift – the more the physical body and the physical phenomena starts to feel like an empty holographic presentation of this Energy.

Old 14-02-2018, 05:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Thanks again Joe and P.S:

If you do mean this book – it does sound really interesting!
https://books.google.com.au/books/ab...AJ&redir_esc=y

Yep that's the one Sentient. John Moriarty, Dreamtime. I've dipped into it, so ill dip in a little bit more and let you know if i find any great revelations in there.

Old 14-02-2018, 05:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Yes, I think so.
I don’t exactly know the mechanics of an ‘awareness shift’ either, but my guess is - that it is an alignment "with" the ‘Energy Body’:
https://drakebearstephen.files.wordp...14/07/em71.jpg

Somebody here might have better ideas or better wording?

Perhaps a shift into a nondual ‘silent communication’ with somebody could be likened to a communication situation with ‘ghosts’.
In the latter - the physical body – the eyes and ears are not there anymore – but the energetic presence is and the energy body sees and hears directly within - energetically.

Therefore I think that the Sacred Sites or Portals in Nature have a profound effect on one's energy body as they awaken you to your energetic layers.

The deeper or ‘higher’ the shift – the more the physical body and the physical phenomena starts to feel like an empty holographic presentation of this Energy.

Yep interesting. I've come across this representation of our energy system
before. Yes how our energy is affected by placing ourselves in various sites and landscapes. You present it very well here and hopefully somebody will chip in too. Slan.

Old 15-02-2018, 12:15 AM
Master
P.S.

I got curious about your book Joe and wondered what he would mean by ‘European Dreamtime’.

Moriarty:
Quote:
I wondered does Ireland have a dreamtime, does Europe have a dreamtime and when I thought about it I said yes we have a dreamtime of stories of great old myths, legends, great sayings like, and I wanted to find out what they were, do you know, so I put them together in a book called Dreamtime.

Ok.
I have got a book by Marija Gimbutas: "The Language of the Goddess", which also deals with Palaeolithic and Upper Palaeolithic myths of Europe.

As to Moriarty’s ‘agenda’ - found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeCTdXLSE4Q

His talk reminded me of a cultural walk (designed for Westerners) ‘we’ as a group did with an Aboriginal Elder.
Upon entering the forest he said something like this (from memory):
Quote:
When a Western man comes into the forest all he can see is commodity. This tree is good for timber – that one isn’t and should be gotten rid of.
But we don’t see things in this way.
Look - there is the stinging tree and right next to it the milky pine – which helps to soothe the pain of the stings.
Nothing is considered as bad and out of place - everything in the forest has its own place of purpose.
And on we went – simply being within the totality of the forest being …. the Elder directly pointing to the perfect natural order that exists in Nature already without us needing to impose another kind of order upon it.

I have heard of some of these non-dual teachers (Krishnamurti, Eckhart Tolle) and read a little, but have only tuned into what these Aboriginal Elders say and then ‘shifted’ along into non-duality with their pointing …