Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 18-09-2011, 01:49 PM
ramc

My dog was put to sleep last night.

I'd been out with my friends and my sisters text me to say he'd had a seizure and was foaming at the mouth. I got home asap, and he was crying and howling. We gave him lots of cuddles and kisses and he went to the vet around 2:30am. He had a twisted spine and was in a lot of pain.

Please send positive thoughts and love for Zak, probably the best dog in the world. We had him since I was ten years old, he used to let me paint his claws with nail varnish when I was a kid, he used to sleep on the end of my bed and would nick tea from my mug. He was such a loving and good dog. :( Miss you Zaky xxx
Old 18-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramc
I'd been out with my friends and my sisters text me to say he'd had a seizure and was foaming at the mouth. I got home asap, and he was crying and howling. We gave him lots of cuddles and kisses and he went to the vet around 2:30am. He had a twisted spine and was in a lot of pain.

Please send positive thoughts and love for Zak, probably the best dog in the world. We had him since I was ten years old, he used to let me paint his claws with nail varnish when I was a kid, he used to sleep on the end of my bed and would nick tea from my mug. He was such a loving and good dog. :( Miss you Zaky xxx

I'm so sorry to hear this Ramc. I can feel all the love you had for your dog.

I will send love and light to Zak.

zipzip
Old 18-09-2011, 01:55 PM
ramc

Thank you. He was such a lovely dog. I'm having to try my hardest not to cry because I'm at work at 5pm and my make up keeps running. He's being cremated and we're getting his ashes back to bury in the garden. xx
Old 18-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Terracotta

My sympathies, I know how it is to lose an old pet. A dog can't ask for much more than a life loved by a good caretaker, though.
Old 18-09-2011, 08:07 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Thank you. He was such a lovely dog. I'm having to try my hardest not to cry because I'm at work at 5pm and my make up keeps running. He's being cremated and we're getting his ashes back to bury in the garden. xx

Soft comforting hugs to you. So deeply sorry to hear of your beloved Zacky's passing. I've been through it more times than I can count, and the pain never goes away. God Bless Zacky, where ever you are!!!!!! Heart-felt condolances...
Old 19-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Sentientno1

Someday you'll remember all the good times with Zak, for now comfort yourself with what Terracotta said. You did spared your pal the pain he was powerless to stop himself.
Old 19-09-2011, 07:48 AM
ramc

Thank you everyone. It was definitely his time, I could see in his eyes he was scared and in pain. It's very weird not having him in the house though. xx
Old 19-09-2011, 08:25 AM
mattie

Beloved Pet

I'm sorry you had to lose your beloved pet. I know that's hard.
Old 19-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Master
Aww thats very sad to lose a 4 legged friend who has been in the family for a long time ramc. It certainly leaves a gap hey x We had an old blue heeler/kelpie cross who had been around since my son was aged 2.
The old farmer down the road had originally given my son a different dog, however the dog the farmer kept for himself wouldn't work the cattle so 2 weeks later he showed up and asked us to swap which we did, and the dog he left with us we called 'Rastis' lol ...
He spent the next 16 yrs bumming about on the verandah chasing flies and half heartedly deflea-ing himself and mostly just dreaming to his hearts content ... probably about rounding up cattle lol ... but he was always there you know ... and then he wasn't, and the verandah never looked/felt the same again ... one day he just wandered off across the paddock out on the farm and didnt return ... we found him a week later ... the memories remain though

Quote:

Old 19-09-2011, 04:41 PM
HabitAnimal

My deepest sympathy to you and yours, for the loss of Zak.

I've had to put beloved companions to rest so as to alleviate their suffering. It's never easy to release them from the pain they suffer, because while they find peace, our heart crumbles at the loss of them.

I take comfort in knowing while alive my animal friends never doubted for a moment they were loved, safe and thus happy all their days. And as long as they remain in my memories they shall live in my heart, which sings when I look at their pictures and recall fonder times for the both of us.

Blessings and peace abide you.