Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Inesophet

Looks like somebody had fundie parents and got beaten up with a bible on occasion.

Boring.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Rivendoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesophet
Looks like somebody had fundie parents and got beaten up with a bible on occasion.

Boring.

What's boring to me are christians who think they know the mind of god... now that is really boring...
Old 06-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Master
Give me one spiritual/religious person or person in general who does not cherry pick? Cherry picking is a powerful method. That's why the popular religious books and religions will stay.. the religions won't go away, they simply evolve, and people will cherry pick different parts that are suitable for their own time.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Time

Summerland - Actualy, 'gods suns" came down and "knew" " the the daughters of men".......

So... ** insert interpretation here
Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Master
i pick cherries all the time. this resonates with that and "ooo! that sounds like it might be almost true" and "ah! that's beautiful! i want that for myself".

however, i'm not adhereing to a specific religious doctrine wherein i can hide from inconsistancies and feel secure, even righteous, in my belief structure. i don't have a cushion of "congregational verification". i'm out on a thin limb without a safty net. if my concepts fail they fail utterly since i have no singular "holy text" from which to cherry pick, no dogma to catch my belief if i fall ... and depending on how much i have invested in a given concept i can fall quite far when the weave of a particularly well executed concept unravels. **sigh**

i've begun working on them as sand paintings. lol
Old 06-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Summerland - Actualy, 'gods suns" came down and "knew" " the the daughters of men".......

So... ** insert interpretation here
Time, I always do like reading your posts. Do you mean god's suns or gods sons? "knew" in the biblical sense means to have intercourse with, correct?
So who were the sons of god? Were they angels? What else could they have been unless they were aliens?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Time

yes.... sons LOL..... "knew" is sex in the KJV.

The sons of god..... im not to sure how to interpret that. The usual interpretation is either angels or aliens, but it could also be an aligory for something we just dont see. Heres the text...

Genesis 6

1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

IT changes tone super quick doesnt it?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:29 PM
LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesophet
Looks like somebody had fundie parents and got beaten up with a bible on occasion. Boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
What's boring to me are christians who think they know the mind of god... now that is really boring...

And the boring-est of all are those that actually believe there is some sort of god and that this god has guide-books written for human beings (be it the Bible, Koran, Talmud, etc, etc)...

Mind-blowingly boring...and moronic.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:01 AM
mattie

Biblical Literalism Challenged

misposted...
Old 07-07-2011, 02:06 AM
mattie

Biblical Literalism Challenged

misposted...