Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 07-06-2011, 05:00 PM
astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
As I said, it depends on what you choose to believe.

I believe that I am a divine immortal being.

That thought is very empowering. It has freed me from a great many other beliefs that have held me back.

Very genuine thoughts, athribiristan.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:14 PM
astroboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Sometimes it's interesting to walk the Path and enjoy the scenery. When you turn that corner there's a different Path and different scenery.

When Life becomes a search for the question and you realize that you already ARE the answer, it takes a curious twist.

Kindly expand on this, Greenslade.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Master
so i'd like to believe in myself, my Self and that my inner experience have validity but i can't ... not really ... not consistantly anyway. though for long moments at a time i believe in what i experience when i "come down" out a trance state i immediately begin to doubt what i've just experienced. at which point i don't trust myself and i'm not sure if The Self exists or whether my inner experiences are anything other than very imaginative self deceptions.

i can't seem to CHOOSE to believe. i can't manufacture "belief" or "faith" like other folks are apparently able to do. though my inner experiences seem quite real in the moment, follow logical patterns and even have some basis in science my doubt persists. it's frustrating because i'd really like to believe. i'd be a happier person if i could.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:22 PM
astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
so i'd like to believe in myself, my Self and that my inner experience have validity but i can't ... not really ... not consistantly anyway. though for long moments at a time i believe in what i experience when i "come down" out a trance state i immediately begin to doubt what i've just experienced. at which point i don't trust myself and i'm not sure if The Self exists or whether my inner experiences are anything other than very imaginative self deceptions.

i can't seem to CHOOSE to believe. i can't manufacture "belief" or "faith" like other folks are apparently able to do. though my inner experiences seem quite real in the moment, follow logical patterns and even have some basis in science my doubt persists. it's frustrating because i'd really like to believe. i'd be a happier person if i could.

Your spiritual mileage is not usually measurable by your own self. Only when you speak with people around you and get hurt by their negativity will you then understand the space which you have traveled.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy
Your spiritual mileage is not usually measurable by your own self. Only when you speak with people around you and get hurt by their negativity will you then understand the space which you have traveled.

that seems profound, astroboy but i don't know what you mean.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:11 PM
astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
that seems profound, astroboy but i don't know what you mean.

It means your subjective experiences are unique to yourself only. However, there are those who have traveled the Path and can tell you that you're doing fine and encourage you to continue even 'further'.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy
It means your subjective experiences are unique to yourself only. However, there are those who have traveled the Path and can tell you that you're doing fine and encourage you to continue even 'further'.

Agreed. Keep putting one spiritual foot in front of the other. You are even now making a tough transition from knowledge to Faith.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:38 PM
astroboy

Lightbulb

Quote:
Agreed. Keep putting one spiritual foot in front of the other. You are even now making a tough transition from knowledge to Faith.

The path gets narrower in a sense, but wider in understanding.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:

well gee ... i hope so but telepathy with other physical human beings seems to be considered a crazy idea, even on this open minded site. so much of my "faith" in the spiritual work i do is dependent on the actuality of the my fellow co-operants.

sheesh! it would have been so much easier if my inner experiences had been restricted to telepathic communication disembodied guides or angels where confirmation of their reality wouldn't feel necessary. faith would be so easy to achieve. but when your inner contacts are apparently also in physical bodies somewhere in the world it throws an extra complication into the works. if what i experience is just my imagination what might be the psychological reason for me to complicate it like that? why didn't i create my inner reality with the fail safe of nonphysicality?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:47 PM
astroboy

Quote:
if what i experience is just my imagination what would be the psychological reason for me to complicate it like that?

I'm not qualified to answer this question. Not a psychologist. But however, as a participant, I would like to tell you that you get better at whatever you're doing with practice. If telepathy interests you, then by all means, pursue it. One day you'll be able to open a school and train others in a more professional way. The present trainers could not be full-time in this profession, who knows?